TV 15 on XP? Can TV 15 on remote connect to TV 14 on host?

I have TV 14 on four Windows PCs - one is XP, one is 7 Pro 64-bit and two are 10 Pro 64-bit. 

First - will TV 15 work on the XP machine?  (I remember that only a particular sub-version of 14 works on the XP machine, not the later subversions of 14.)  So what about 15?

Second, If I leave the XP machine at 14 and I upgrade the 7 and the two 10s to TV 15, will they be able to connect to the Win XP?

Third, if I don't upgrade at all, how long will 14 be supported?

Tagged:

Comments

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @glnz ,

Thank you for your post.

1. Unfortunately, we do not support Windows XP at version 15. You can try to install v15 to see if it works, but please note that we can't assist you if there is an issue with v15 on Windows XP. For more information, please read this article.

2. Yes and no.
      If you have a subscription license, you can connect from v15 to v14. If you are a private user, we are asking to update to the latest version of TeamViewer in order to continue using the software. For more information, please read this article.

3. We haven't planed sunsetting v14 at this moment.
      Paying customers are encouraged to update to the latest version but can remain using their purchased version along the lines of the product lifecycle policy

Hope this information will be helpful.

All the best,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator