TV ID for User Session - not Device ID

mLipok
mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐

How I can get TVHost ID for USER not DEVICE ?

As you can see in my screenshot I can only see one ID, but where is the second one ?
Why I can't copy them to the clipboard ?

TVHost_ID_User_not_Device.png

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

Hi mLipok,

Thanks for another great post!

With the screenshot provided I was able to determine that it seems that you have installed your Host on a server. With this set up TeamViewer does provide a Server ID which you use to log directly into the server, and you are also provided a User ID for each user profile on the server.

You can retreive the Serever ID by going to About TeamViewer in the Host settings. Again, this ID will allow you to log directly into the server via the Windows log on screen for admin purposes.

To get the User ID for each user, you will need to log into each user account because the ID will be different for each user.

Currently it is not possible to copy an ID from the about TeamViewer dialogue box, if this is what you were referring to?

Hope this helps!

All the best,

Jonathan

• mLipok

@Jonathan wrote:

You can retreive the Serever ID by going to About TeamViewer in the Host settings. Again, this ID will allow you to log directly into the server via the Windows log on screen for admin purposes.

To get the User ID for each user, you will need to log into each user account because the ID will be different for each user.

The question is how to get User ID for current loged user ?
    As you can see on this screenstot there is only ServerID.

or I'm wrong ?

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • mLipok

Thanks for answer.
    But as far as I know this information in former version was given in this place which I show in my screenshot, it was realy handy.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • The Teamviewer User ID does not showup anymore in Teamviewer version 14. Thanks a lot!The Teamviewer User ID does not showup anymore in Teamviewer version 14. Thanks a lot!

The simple option to retrieve the user ID does not show up anymore in version 14.

See document

https://dl.tvcdn.de/integrate/TeamViewer_API_Documentation.pdf

Section 4.2.1: you need to do a GET /api/v1/users

Why make things difficult when it was easy?