Posted by Didi
Henagon

TV12 VPN speed - extremely sluggish and lagging

Hello,

I read through an article about file transfer speedup in TV12. However, I can achieve not even remotely satisfying speeds, not in file transfer nor in VPN explorer file copy. Otherwise, the remote control speed is fine.

I'm trying to transfer file between 2 modern Win 10 computers ( less than 1 year old, one with an Intel quad core and the other with an intel dual core chip), with proven SMB/CIFS high speed performance in their respective LANs: a speed that can actually fully saturate their NICs 1Gbps bandwidth.
Internet connections are as follows:

computer in home 1: dual core: connected through a gigabit ethernet LAN NIC to a VDSL2 WAN connection (100mbps down/20 mbps up)

computer in home 2: quad core: connected through a gigabit ethernet LAN NIC to a fiber connection (1gbps down/200mbps up).

Trying to transfer from the home 2 pc (200mbps upload speed) to pc in home 1 (100mbps download speed), all I get in a VPN Windows explorer file copy session is an average download speed (according to infos displayed on the Windows explorer file transfer window) of 355KB/sec (2,77Mbps, 0.346MB/sec), against a theoretical top WAN tranfer speed of 100Mbps (12,5MB/sec). That's 1/36th of the maximum attainable WAN transfer speed. Incidentally, I tried VPN transfers between PCs connected on the same gigabit wired LA,N , and the speed achieved was roughly the same 355KB/sec speed I got in the WAN VPN transfer setup described above, which made me think that the TV VPN is kind of relayed.

Anyway, since I read that TV12 should allow up to 200MB/sec transfer speed (if computers and network allow it, of course), there surely must be something wrong either with my workflow or with TV12. Notice that, using Ookla speed test, I confirmed that all the WAN connections can transfer data at nearly their theoretical speeds.

Could someone help fixing this annoying issue?

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply
1 Reply
Posted by Former Staff Katharina
Former Staff

Re: TV12 VPN speed - extremely sluggish and lagging

Hi Didi, 

Thank you for your post!

We have a thread on the performance of TeamViewer 12 that quite a number of users have contributed to and that I am sure will be helpful to you:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-12-Beta/Use-TeamViewer-12-to-Be-Smarter-Better-Faster...

Feel free to have a look. If you have any further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to post over there or in this thread. 

All the best, 

Katharina

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks!