Team Viewer 15 update installation stuck

My Team Viewer is updating from 15.xx to latest 15.xx version and now it's stuck at about 50% and task manager shows it's using only 1 mb of ram and no CPU or any other resources. What should I do? I'm on Windows 10 latest version.

Best Answer

Answers

• hvarcz
    hvarcz Posts: 1

it doesnt help, uninstall uncoplete, I found hklm teamviewer, delete some dll and installation stops on same renaming something.sy_ to .sys.

any advice?

@Vatsilidis wrote:

Hi @racydex 

It looks like something went wrong.

I would be suggesting you reboot the machine, open the app and try to update it again.

if that fails again, then reboot again, uninstall this installation from Control Panel and also check the box during this procedure to remove the installation files.

Then reboot again (I know, too many rebooting :-( ) and install the latest download from the website.

I hope this helps you to solve it.

Best regards

• racydex
    racydex Posts: 2

Restart worked for me. 

Was sceptical doing it first as this was a remote PC but luckily it restarted just fine. 

Thanks. 

• Qualitech2020
    Qualitech2020 Posts: 1

Download is taking over an hour. Same issue happening on 3 different devices at 2 different locations with different service providers. We installed other applications from the internet with no problem.