Posted by Dev22
Digon

Team Viewer keeps changing access password

We recently installed TV 14 onto our document server, and a problem I've been having with it is that, whilst the ID number stays the same, it seems to keep changing its password. I can't find a setting to stop this. 

Can anyone help me?

Dev

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by ChevyNovaLN
Digon
Solution

Re: Team Viewer keeps changing access password

That is entirely on purpose.   That password is a randomly generated password that changes every time the TeamViewer service starts up.  Even If you have unattended access set up, it changes on every reboot and/or restart of the service.     Of course Unattended Access allows you to set a static password that never changes, which should be a very secure password.   You can always use that static password.... or if requesting help from someone else, give them the current random password shown.  

Brian

1 Reply
2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by ChevyNovaLN
Digon
Solution

That is entirely on purpose.   That password is a randomly generated password that changes every time the TeamViewer service starts up.  Even If you have unattended access set up, it changes on every reboot and/or restart of the service.     Of course Unattended Access allows you to set a static password that never changes, which should be a very secure password.   You can always use that static password.... or if requesting help from someone else, give them the current random password shown.  

Brian

1 Reply
Posted by Dev22
Digon

Thank you for explaining. I've set up a Static Password now. Much appreciated. Dev