Posted by jtloo
Henagon

TeamPlayer insists I am a Business User and need Business License

I have been using TeamViewer for years.  I primarily use it to access my home computers and my home server remotely, and also remotely fixing my children's laptop when they are in college.  I do install the app on my work laptop.  I don't using it for busines.  I don't remote control my work laptop when I am at home.  (I take my work laptop home; thus, there is no reason to remote control the work laptop.)  I don't use it for business.

Recently, I am keep getting the message I need to play fair and buy business license.  This morning, I tried to get some information from my Desktop at home.  TeamViewer disconnected me after 10 second every time I connected and tell me I am timed out because of my license limit.  What is going on?  How can I convience TeamViewer I am not using it for business?   (My company does not have domain network.)

4 Replies
Posted by Stace
Photon

Re: TeamPlayer insists I am a Business User and need Business License

My home run business on technical writing stopped operation over 3 years ago. I am now retired and have no income from business. I did keep my domain name for continuity reasons. I use Teamviewer to occasionally help my sister and a friend with their computers. I also use it to organize and extract data from my older computers, although I can also do it without Teamviewer but it is more convenient since I have been bed ridden since last year fighting cancer. So I am playing fair but Teamviewer is not since they insist that I am running a business.

Highlighted
Posted by Obecalp
Digon

I have been getting the same message and they have totally cut me off. Now I have to drive 250 miles one way to set up [Removed per Community Guidelines] so I can access my computer at my vacation home.

Being that I have lots of friends in IT I will be letting them know just what I think of TeamViewer. The list serve I am on for home automation has been having similar experiences and we had a pretty lengthy thread about TeamViewer and none of it was nice.

[Removed per Community Guidelines]  My laptop, iPad, iPhone, and my home autoamtion server is all set up now. I just have to make the 10 hour drive to my vacation home because I can't access it any longer via TeamViewer.

It would have been nice if they had given us a 30 day notice instead of cutting us off in the middle of the ocean and left us to drift.

Oh, and I expect this to get deleted because it is not look very favorable for TeamViewer.

1 Reply
Posted by Stace
Photon

I just posted my problem with Teamviewer but it ended up posting as a reply instead. Now, who is playing fair>
Posted by jtloo
Henagon

I don't have problem if TeamPlayer starts charging for Personal License.  As long as the pricing structure make sense and reasonable.  But cutting us off because we are "business user" which we are not is just upsetting.

I read about Chrome remote.  I don't really trust a company who profits proposition is to capture, package, and sell my data to have access to my computer.