TeamViewer 12 to TeamViewer 13 Upgrade Question

I am thinking of upgrading to teamviewer 13, but many of my installs have teamviewer 12 still. Can newer versions connect to older versions in general? I know that older versions CANNOT connect to newer versions. Also, I noticed the new subscription model has usage from up to 3 devices for the business tier, can someone explain that? I can only remote desktop TO 3 devices or FROM 3 devices, or both?

Comments

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @perrydavid1985,

Thank you for your post. 

TeamViewer is backwards compatible, meaning newer versions can connect to older versions with no issue!

In regards to the licensing, the 3 devices are the devices you can connect from, to any endpoints you have the authorization and credentials for. 

If you'd like to get more information on our licensing, feel free to give us a call!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• So 3 devices are set permanently? How does one assign/change these?

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @perrydavid1985,

Thank you for your message. 

The Business License is not a floating license, so it should not have to move around too much. However, if you get a new computer or device, you can move the license to another device from within the Management Console. For more information, please see this article.

Hope this helps!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---