TeamViewer ID got changed

Tom733
Tom733 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have the TeamViewer installed on Win 10 and after the recent May 2020 update, installation ID got changed. Problem is, that I have my license assigned to this computer and I don't want to waste one of "move licence" tickets while it is still the same computer.

Any help?

Tagged:

Comments

• Tom733
    Tom733 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello,

problem solved! :-)
    The computer is Dell OptiPlex 7010 with Win 10 Pro installed. There is no option for fast boot in the BIOS.

But after the third (!) full reboot and some additional Windows updates installation, the ID got changed back to the original one and licence is active again.

I'm just confused about how to get rid of this in the future - when the new Win update will be published.

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @Tom733 

Thank you for the update. I'm glad that you tried it and solved it. 

This issue is under the eye of the technical team in the last days

One important edit to my previous answer. By mistake, I wrote "If not could you adjust this setting trough the BIOS "

but I wanted to write "if yes" in order to disable this feature if it exists as an option. 

Best regards

• Curtg
    Curtg Posts: 10 ✭✭

The fast boot option does not affect the problem at all.

As i am using WOL on all of my computers, as such the fastboot option is disabled both in bios and in windows settings also.

I am exclusively using Optiplex machines with teamviewver so far i can clearly confirm that 2004 is causing issues for 3050, 3060, 3070, 7010, 7020 machines.

All windows updates, all optiplex drivers, bios whatever else is installed on said machines. The amount of times u reboot them will not affect TV at all.

On top of all this my personal Rig is also affected. Which doesn't have hardware older than a year in them.
    Specs if needed:
    Asus Rog Strix X570-E
    AMD Ryzen 3750X
    ASUS ROG Strrix RTX2070 Super
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB X 4

However one odd thing ive noticed - That although i dont see the computers online sometimes if i connect from PC to PC if i just doubletap the seemingly offline machine in the contacts list it will connect to it. But i mean it still appears offline. WOL wont work. Nor will connecting from mobile.

Just a weird observation.

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @Curtg ,

Thank you for your post and sharing your situation.

Our technical support team would like to look into your case with a logfile in order to understand your situation more. Therefore I have created a support ticket for you.

Please check it and reply to the ticket.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Qablooie
    Qablooie Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have also experienced this problem but the ID never changed back. This is especially problematic on PCs I remote into. I lose option to connect unless it is one a have specifically assigned to my account. I have also noticed pc shows as online and Ready but cannot connect to it. System needs to be rebooted manually by somebody at remote location. No web console access anymore either... all after the May 2004 update.

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @Qablooie ,

Thank you for sharing your situation.
    I have created a support ticket for you and arranged for someone to have a look at this issue.
    Please kindly reply to the ticket.

Would you be able to check if you have the latest version which is 15.7 before updating Windows? 
    Also please read the note in this article about the Windows 10 version 2004.

I apologize for any inconvenience and thank you in advance for your understanding.

Kind regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Dean_MOI
    Dean_MOI Posts: 3 ✭✭

Sorry to dig up an old thread here, but would just like to mention that I have just experience the same issue as above.

Couldn't access via TV, but was able to access my server by Remote Desktop and noticed that TV was running, but the ID had changed!

Wasn't sure what was happening, so created a new entry for the new ID and was able to connect, until I left the Remote Desktop session, then wasn't able to connect again!

Ended up rebooting the server and the old ID came back and all is happy again!

I see there is a partial outage, so wondering if this may have some effect on this issue.

Just thought I would bring this up.

Thanks