TeamViewer Quick Support Commandline Startup

Hi:

I am installing Teamviewer Quick Support on machines I deploy to my customers. I place a shortcut on the desktop.  Is there a way for me to use a command line to set the ID of the machine when starting quick support?   I tried the -i, but apparently that is only for the full version.  My customers are really not sophisticated and I wind up with a service queue with all the same ID.  I know I can manually set it when I install the TeamViewerQS.exe, but I have a menu item in my main program that starts it, and thought it would be great if I could pass the customers name into the QuickSupport exe.

Best Answer

Answers

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

It sounds like you want to set their name not their ID. Their name comes from their windows login. I am not sure of any way of modifying what is provided other than the end user entering it prior to clicking the request button.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • Videstra
    Videstra Posts: 4

Bart - yes you are correct, the name, not the ID.  It would be nice if there were a way to set the name because all of my systems go out with the same Windows logon.  The Customers IT department can certainly change it to comply with corporate policies, etc, but that is very rare.  About all they do is install their own AV.

So - it would be nice if there were a way to set the name via command line, or API into the Quick Support application, otherwise I wind up with all the same names in my support queue.

Des

• Supertramp
    Supertramp Posts: 21

Hi @Videstra,

I assume that you have at least a licensed version of TeamViewer and for ID you means "give a name to specific device".

If both statements are true, I can anticipate that I have no answer to your specific question, but I can point you out how we have faced the same case.
    We simply reversed the scenario, excluding the use of Quick Support.
    We have an internal tool used to handle service requests, and we've implemented it by automatically creating Assistant Sessions (we used TeamViewer APIs, but you can access the same functionality via TeamViewer client).

Obviously, anyone in need of your assistance should contact you before: at this point, you just need to unplug a ticket, that is, a TeamViewer session. This SESSION represents a reservation (yes, like a table at the restaurant) and consists of 2 web links: one for the assistant (you) and one for the client. It is sufficient that the customer and you call each one their own link to establish the connection. On your side, link will start immediatly your local TeamViewer Client, if not just open.

This solution has some pros:
    - Do not have to install anything definitive with the customer, unless the need for the specific connection;
    - the session has a temporal validity, so after expiry of the term, the table is no longer booked;

- you have not to remember or set device ID, but you will able anyway to add that client at the end of connection (giving an alias to that device for further connections);

and cons:

- the customer should contact you first, via email or phone (or with your main program)

In this thread you will find a reply from @Reyhan (first reply...) where is well explained how to create a session.

I try to give you these tips because of our experience: our users are not very sophisticated and they would still matter, even if we installed them a specific Quick Support.

I hope it can be useful.

Regards

The real programmer does not interpret dreams. Just compile them
  • bartlanz

As I think about this further and your "not technical" customers (mine fall in the same catagory, Think truck drivers). Why not install the host and then add the host to your listed computers?

This is what I have ended up doing often for most of my customers. I initially get them to give me access to the system(s) then I install the host and associate it to my account or add it to my list under a group titled their company name. this makes it so when they need help I just connect to them, they need not do anything.

If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • bartlanz

Cool, good find!

Bart Lanzillotti
  • erreurerreurMadame, monsieur, 

J’ai récemment changé de mobile. C’est un xiaomi mi mix 2s, il est sous Android 9.0.

J’ai installé le quicksupport.

Depuis un pc avec teamviewer 13, à chaque connexion du téléphone, teamviewer me dit « cet appareil prend en charge le partage d’écran uniquement »

La souris ne peut interagir avec le mobile.

Y a-t-il une solution ?

Merci

Jérôme LARRAS

• RickAgnew
    RickAgnew Posts: 1

I am using the TeamViewerQS.exe in a Virtual Desktop environment.  A gold image of the desktop (master image with the TeamViewerQS.exe is installed as "Teamviewer Support" Icon on the Desktop)

The master image desktop is replicated to all users.

When the "Teamviewer Support" icon is launched, I want the "User name" field to automatically identify that user, based on that "logged in user name".  The user name displayed at a command prompt  when "whoami" is executed.

Please advise...