TeamViewer connecting to Cloudflare IP

Announcements

Enjoy your weekend!

If you want to read our latest blog post, click here.

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

TeamViewer connecting to Cloudflare IP

Message from firewall monitor service:

<189>date=2020-05-17 time=10:01:13 devname=<DEV_NAME> devid=<DEV_ID> logid=<LOGID> type="utm" subtype="webfilter" eventtype="ftgd_allow" level="notice" vd="root" eventtime=**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs** policyid=29 sessionid=**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs** user=<ADMIN_USER> group=<ADMIN_GROUP> srcip=<DOMAIN_CONTROLLER_IP> srcport=58650 srcintf="port1" srcintfrole="undefined" dstip=104.16.62.16 dstport=443 dstintf="wan1" dstintfrole="undefined" proto=6 service="HTTPS" hostname="dl.teamviewer.com" profile=<PROFILE_NAME> action="passthrough" reqtype="direct" url="/" sentbyte=240 rcvdbyte=0 direction="outgoing" msg="URL belongs to an allowed category in policy" method="domain" cat=93 catdesc="Remote Access"

This has happened several times with domain PCs and TV is not supposed to be installed on this DC

Thanks!

4 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Star
TeamViewer Star

Re: TeamViewer connecting to Cloudflare IP

Hi @Closed account 

I would recommend you talk with the IT admin of the domain and first ask him if is allowed by the applied domain policies to run this app and the user group that is allowed to. Second if all its ok, the admins must know that the TeamViewer app needs specific ports to operate smoothly, and this info can be found here.

Best regards

Pro
Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I’m with IT support and a domain admin.

TeamViewer works but the application is initiating connections by itself and we need to know if that is by design and/or what we can do to keep that from happening.

Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Star
TeamViewer Star

Could you configure unattended access to the TV app and configure it running as a service, by allowing it to start with the Windows at startup? Then see if you have any issues with your DC.

Best regards

Pro
1 Reply
Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Vatsilidis I appreciate your eagerness and effort to offer help but your answers aren't relevant to the problem

TeamViewer is not installed. I do not want it installed. TeamViewer QS icon from third party software support icon is on the desktop. Firewall monitor verifies that on weekends and after hours TeamViewer application initiates a connection to a ClouldFlare IP with no human intervention or service running. I want this to stop.