TeamViewer not Connecting even when it is online

So I have a list of devices, I can connect to every single computer that is online except for one.

The Computer shows it is online, and when I am trying to connect it shows a message "Connecting" and nothing after that.

When I restart that computer, I can access it for a daw or two but after that, I get the probelm again.

What could be the problem?

Comments

• And we are using TeamViewer 7 as this is the product we bought a few year ago

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @IT_Edublox

Is the remote device on the latest version of TeamViewer 7? If not, please update the version to the latest release of TeamViewer 7.

You´ll find the link to download TeamViewer 7 in this article.

All the best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• aperalta
    aperalta Posts: 1

I have the same issue with one of my systems. It shows online but when I try to connect to it, it does nothing. I have made sure that it is on the latest version of Teamviewer 11 which is the version we use. It works for one or two days after a restart but then I am unable to connect again. Please assist.

• I have the same problem as noted here. Our version is 13.2.14327. This is very annoying. Resetting the remote machine is not easily possible as it is... remote.

Any suggestion or fix is more than welcome!

• I tried latest version same issue. SO its not related to version. May their server down
  • Having the same problem
  • YameZz
    YameZz Posts: 2

Yep - same problem here.  Getting message "Connection not established - Authentication cancelled" on all of my saved connections.

• JMench
    JMench Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same here. I sometimes have to try to connect 3 or 4 times. It's very annoying. I thought the latest upgrade would help but it didn't :(

• I have the same problem. Both devices on latest TeamViewer version. 
    Trying to connect and it doesn't connect. Works for 1-2 days, than never connects again. I tried 15 times already. Hopefully there is a solution for it

• Essie
    Essie Posts: 2 ✭✭

dated 13th September 2019 and nothing has changed, still won't connect after trying for several hours.

• Code_Elevate97
    Code_Elevate97 Posts: 4 ✭✭

I am having the same issue - One of my remote machines tries to connect for several seconds and then states "A connection could not be established". Anyone have an update on this issue?

• NeilB2
    NeilB2 Posts: 1

I had 2 instances of Teamviewer on Task Manager. I closed them and relaunched teamviewer and it fixed the problem.

• I have a remote computer that often does this. I had to come up with a batch script that closes all open instances of TeamViewer and restarts it on a regular schedule. It works 90% of the time.

It runs every hour, and sometimes I get kicked off while using it. The script is basically instant, so I can just log right back on.

The problem still exists where I need to wait an hour because the program has stalled or whatever before the hour is up. Definitely better than it being down until I can physically get to that computer.

TeamViewer really needs a more thorough way to check/maintain the connection status. i.e. I didn't come here today because TeamViewer is working properly for me.

• rgilsdorf
    rgilsdorf Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same problem. Teamviewer 15.16.8

Computer is online and can connect to me, but I cannot connect to it. Windows firewall is off. I can connect to any other computer here even from outside of our firewall.

Computer is not busy. CPU, disk and ethernet are not being taxed. Password for unattended access have been verified.

What remained to be checked?????

• CCIG
    CCIG Posts: 1

Version: 15.20.6 (64-bit)

Same problem, shows online and authenticated, AND is a trusted device however will not connect.

Please get this resolved asap. If it is resolved then let us know what we need to do.

• Pooka
    Pooka Posts: 1

Same problem. I'm currently using TeamViewer 15.30.3 (32 bit).

This problem, according to this thread, has been experienced since version 7 with no resolution mentioned.

• FrustratedWithTV
    FrustratedWithTV Posts: 1
    edited October 2022

This has started to become more and more of a problem in the last few versions which is obvious for soooo many users. Not only that, it appears the company has failed to acknowledge this consistent issue and chooses to turn a blind eye whilst users get frustrated in the background.

A few companies did this in the past. Remember Blackberry when they failed to acknowledge all the bugs? Had the monopoly and thought everyone would stay for ever and failed to address issues? Then BOOM iPhone and RiP Blackberry!

[removed per Community Guidelines]

When their user base goes down they will start to fix their software, if its not too late. Stop begging this company they do not care about your silly bug that they introduced and don't know to fix. They just need to keep making more money at any cost. [removed per Community Guidelines]

Have a nice day😀

• DaveO
    DaveO Posts: 1

I installed both the server app on my mac, it is online. And the Client on my iPhone. Client on iPhone doesn't connect to the mac. They are in the same room, same WiFi network.

Should I just switch to something else? Seems like there are a lot of problems on this thread...

• livewellbhappy
    livewellbhappy Posts: 1

Same issue for me. installed same software on both devices. conected to internet. can email a session, but cant connect using ID. any solutions?

• Cfletcher
    Cfletcher Posts: 2 ✭✭

I'm having this issue also, TeamViewer says connecting but never does nor does it error out normally. just says connecting. It while error out minutes later. I've seen this issue multiple times lately, I'm sure if I could restart the remote TeamViewer, it would turn on and proudly state that it's been updated. then all connects normally. It's as if it updated and then fails to restart itself.

I must say I'm very disappointed in TeamViewers performance in the last year or so. Multiple connections show in tabs like normal but now only the active tab shows which is annoying since I like to see what PC's I'm connected to all the time. Around the time that the update that caused that behavior ran the performance start degrading as well as other issues such as a major mouse delay/glitch when moving from remote client desktop to local pc desktop.

I have used TeamViewer for years on pretty much the same set of PC's and servers. This stuff just started. TeamViewer use to be the best, I may have to find a replacement.

• TomiRantanen
    TomiRantanen Posts: 1

Is there solution for this problem? Couldn´t find any from previous threads.