TeamViewer not responding on macos catalina

Hi,
One of our clients is experiencing an issue with her TeamViewer and it is only on two computers with Catalina as their os. The other apple computers don't have this problem.

My client rather uses the native VNC from apple when they are at the office, so they transfer files this way, it is their preference.

The problem is when they try to connect using TeamViewer when they are not at the office. The computer must be restarted by someone else at the office so the remote user can access via TeamViewer.

I experienced the same problem when I set up a new apple mac mini. My client had to restart the computer because TeamViewer became unresponsive.

Any ideas?

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Jcvr80

Thank you for your message. ?

Could you please provide us with more information in order to have a better understanding of the issue?

Maybe could send us a screenshot that explicitly shows the issue on your local Mac and on the remote Mac?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• Jcvr80
    Jcvr80 Posts: 2

Hi,

Thanks for your approach. It is pretty much what I said on my initial message, there are error codes so an screenshot would not help here I guess.

When my client uses the VNC app ( The native app that comes with the Apple computer) TeamViewer freezes, and becomes unresponsive without giving any errors. My client has to restart the computer because not even closing the TeamViewer app and opening again works. This is very particular with the macOSCatalina. The other versions don’t have this problem.

She has installed the TeamViewer Quick support, not the standard version.

• If you may see everything, however cannot manage, try the following on the mac you need to manipulate: at the mac which you need to control, Go to System Preferences > Security > Privacy > Accessibility. Un-check the TeamViewer and TeamViewer Desktop entries. Check the TeamViewer and TeamViewer Desktop entries.

Best Regards

**Information removed as per Community Guidelines**