TeamViewer not running on partner computer soon after disconnect

Hi all, I love teamviewer, I use it for all my personal PCs. However, I tried to add a computer at the lake house, so I can log in to check cameras and such, but after I disconnect from the session it soon says that I can't reconnect because it is not running on partner computer.

I have it set to start upon startup but can't seem to get it to work unless someone logs in, restarts teamviewer and then I connect soon after. Any ideas what is causing this? Both systems are windows 7 running Teamviewer 13

Comments

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi WCVMLH,

I am happy to hear that you love TeamViewer :)

Please make sure that the option "Start TeamViewer with WIndows" is set. Make also sure that "Full access control when a partner is connection to the Windows logon screen" is set (in TeamViewer under 'Extras - Options-Advanced').

Best would be to install the Host module on the remote machine to make sure that TeamViewer is always running.

Let me know if this helps :)

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • WCVMLH
    WCVMLH Posts: 2

Thanks for the reply. I didn't have that option checked. I checked it now and will monitor to see if that works. Thanks again

• CEH97
    CEH97 Posts: 1
    When you said ''Best would be to install the Host module on the remote machine to make sure that TeamViewer is always running'' - I'm sorry but could you explain exactly what's meant by this?
  • DW_UnitR
    DW_UnitR Posts: 1

When you said ''Best would be to install the Host module on the remote machine to make sure that TeamViewer is always running'' - I'm sorry but could you explain exactly what's meant by this?

Please clarify the above statement. We need to setup Teamviewer to always running. I already set it up to run on boot, but then it gets closed. Thank you.