Posted by Palazzo
Henagon

TeamViewer seeks proxy at startup even though proxy settings have been removed

I added some proxy settings temporarily via Firefox to conduct some testing.

After testing I switched Firefox back to No proxy, but, since then, TeamViewer is prompting for a proxy login.

Teamviewer is set to "Automatically detect settings".

The proxy settings are still cached in Firefox but not active (see below)

Firefoxproxy.png

It looks like that TeamViewer does eventually ignore the proxy settings, but I'm concerned in case it causes a loss of connectivity when I Wake-on-LAN remotely to access my PC, so is there somewhere where I can purge the unused proxy settings being picked up by TeamViewer?

2 Replies
2 Replies
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: TeamViewer seeks proxy at startup even though proxy settings have been removed

Hello @Palazzo

Thank you for your message.

Could you please provide us with more information in order to have a better understanding of the issue?

Maybe could send us a screenshot that explicitly shows the issue on the TeamViewer level?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Cheers

Jean

French Community Moderator
Did my reply answer your question ? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful ? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
Posted by Palazzo
Henagon

Re: TeamViewer seeks proxy at startup even though proxy settings have been removed

Hi,

Apologies. I thought I'd posted an update, but can't see it here so must have failed to save it.

I looked at the TeamViewer logs and found it was still reading the saved Mozilla settings for FireFox, even though they were not actively being used in FireFox.

So, I set the proxy settings in FireFox back to "Manual proxy configuration", blanked out the saved proxy settings and then set FireFox back to "No proxy", and that seems to have fixed the issue.

Looks like TeamViewer is therefore reading saved inactive proxy settings and, for FireFox at least, should be checking if they're currently in use within FireFox before attempting to use them.