Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• I am using TV for personal use but its saying its a trail version. i have reinstalled it many times but still its not giving me free license

• areefs
    areefs Posts: 1

Hi,

My mother is alone in in India.I have asked her to install team viewer, to teach her how to use pc and skype for chating with us. as she is not a pc literate, my firend install the team viewer in her laptop.during installation he installed it as commercial instead of personal.after the installation i just used my team viewer only once to control her pc only once to teach her how to use laptop.after that nearly after a month when she said skype is not opening i tried to log in team viewer it said the trial expired. My friend unsintalled and reinstalled but it is still the same.

what should i do , do i need to re install the windows 10 operating system.Please help me.if anyone from teamviewer support they can easily see i just used her pc only once.Your immediate response in this regard would be highly appreciated.

her team viewer id is [ID removed].its a lenovo second hand laptop.

Thanking you in advance.

Kind regards,

Areef.

• For some reason, lately when I use teamviewer to remote to my computer back home or to my moms computer to help her (since she's not the most technically savvy person..) I've been getting a popup with the connection saying that Teamviewer is suspecting Commercial use? How can I get this to go away? I'm only using it for myself and occasionally to help my mom.

• Tezr
    Tezr Posts: 4

TICKET ID #3453504

SUBJECT: Request from Personal Use Verification form

Hello? Any update on this ticket.

It's been 3 weeks and still no news..

Thanks in advance..

• Hello.
    My partner team viewer's connection has no time limit, but when the other party connects to the team viewer, there is a limit of 5 minutes. There are parts that help each other with team viewers in the game and there is discomfort.
    It is absolutely not used commercially.

Do you know how to solve and where you are contacting?

• halsun
    halsun Posts: 2

try reinstalling teamviewer and make sure that ''non comercial'' is ticked during the installation.

• maion
    maion Posts: 1

Mine version is for Non-Commercial, and I only use it as Personal (Non-Commercial).
    And it also only permits me 5 min.

Never had this problem before!

What happened?

• I called into tech support, I use both a commercial account and a free account on one computer and as I understand that is a bad thing to do - however when trying to reverse it I was told that my rating was too high and I had to submit a support topic. 

I really need to use teamviewer again to provide support to my family remotely.

Thanks

• Ashley
    Ashley Posts: 2

Hi There, thanks for replying... Unfortunately I did try deleting the settings as you suggested, but it still didn't work. Any other suggestions?

• Teamviewer used to be great but it is steadily going downhill. I have used it for over 5 years since I retired to help friends and family. When I first started using it after getting tired of seeing Commercial use suspected I emailed Teramviewer support several years ago and within 48 hours they removed the nagging screens. Now I am receiving the messages again on a new install and didn't bother reporting it until suddenly I was limited to 5 minutes. So I tried to report this problem only to find a new policy incorporated. That being it could take up till 30 days to have this problem fixed.  If you don't want people using it to support their friends and family why bother offering it as free for personal use at all?

If you really want to let it be used for personal use why don't you have a method to stop the commercial use  nag screens before restricting to 5 minutes then making use wait 30 days to straighten it out? Or I would even pay a reasonable fee for personal use, but it is not possible for me to afford commercial prices to help my friends and family.

• yet again for the billionth time this **bleep** program has incorrectly detected that the software is being used for commerical purposes and has limited sessions to 5 mins and i have to wait a few minutes in between the 5 mins sessions in order to log in again. i am using this for personal purposes only so please stop incorrectly flagging it. how can this limit be removed? before we were able to email tech support to solve the matter but now that option doesnt exist anymore

• I have downloaded it for personal use though it is showing as " trial version.7 days remaining"

how can i obtain free liscence for personal use.? 

• KanaChan06
    KanaChan06 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 2023

Hello,

I am in the same case. I have the same problem. I will remove this software from any of my PC to change to **Third Party Product** or something else. It is a mess that this software is convinced that I have a professional use of this.

Good Luck !

• CD94
    CD94 Posts: 1

Hi,

I cannot use any more my private version of Team Viewer ; since a fews days, a commercial use is suspected.I was using Team Wiewer sometime with members of an association, as a volunteer, but also with my family and friends. Can you do something to fix the problem ?
    Thanks a lot for your help. Best regards,

• I am using TV from many years and i have other pcs logged both in remote both at my home; recently i have tried to install TV on a new pc that i carry in my office; on this laptop i have Windows 10 and an access to a personal portable wireless pocket modem 3G ( i cannot use the office lan for my personal use); paradoxically i have both on ver.12 and both ver.11 ( the ver. i use on the other pcs is 11.xxx) restriction on the personal use because the software recognize me as a commercial user and not like a personal user. I have sent the files log to the support@teamviewer.com mail address receving a message that this address is no more in use. I would continue to use TV , can you remove this restriction? Thanks.

Iaffaldano Giuseppe Carmine

• I am having the same issue.

• yet again for the billionth time this **bleep** program has incorrectly detected that the software is being used for commerical purposes and has limited sessions to 5 mins and i have to wait a few minutes in between the 5 mins sessions in order to log in again. i am using this for personal purposes only so please stop incorrectly flagging it. how can this limit be removed? before we were able to email tech support to solve the matter but now that option doesnt exist anymore

• Im not sure why all of a sudden its telling me my trial has expired. Im using this for personal use. I have tried uninstalling and re installing but no luck. Any help? Thanks!!

• Tezr
    Tezr Posts: 4

TICKET ID #3453504

SUBJECT: Request from Personal Use Verification form

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been waiting a month now... still no update at all. Still saying it's expired.

Can someone please please please look at my ticket....

Thanks..

• north
    north Posts: 2

Hi, hope someone can help me, I accidentally selected business instead of private account.  Now my trail has ended and I cannot renew as a private account, does anyone know how I can change this? thanks 

• Hi all,

What to do?  before there use to be way to contact support but not anymore, only paid.

Thanks,

Johnny

Capture4.JPG

• Hello,

Im having the same issue.  I apparently hit commercial instead of non-commercial/personal. Can anyone help me?

• @Sentineldad wrote:

Hello,

Im having the same issue.  I apparently hit commercial instead of non-commercial/personal. Can anyone help me?

Thanks for the reply! I'm glad that I'm not the only one.

Try explaining here 

ry to submit from this link:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/

I just did.

• Daratorn
    Daratorn Posts: 7 ✭✭

Hello i would like to know if there's a Time limitation on the Free license.

I need to access my computer in the USA from here but after 1 hour the session dropped saying that it was a free session and now i couldnt access the the computer anymore since it says it's offline.

Is there a time limitation for free accounts?

• iainwels
    iainwels Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hello Daratorn,

In my knowing there is no limitation for a free account (Only that you can't access company computers, and not use it for business). Did you not accidentally download the trail version of teamviewer?

I hope this helps.

Thank you for using teamviewer.

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
    Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • Hello,

On the free version there is a 3 hours connection limitation. I don't know for the professional version.

But this limitation just shut down the connection link, not the targeted computer.

Thus, You can still reconnected just after the time limit for another 3 hours connection...

Hope it helps.

• Daratorn
    Daratorn Posts: 7 ✭✭

Thank you both, it was a problem of the remote pc that was losing connection and it made me think that it was a problem with team viewer.

Thanks again

• Hello

Beginning of october i Have got a message saying that I was using free teamviewer in a professional environment and due to that my connexion will last 5 minutes only. I wrote teamviewer that I dont use teamviewer as a pro (my mail was in french) teamviewer replied to me that there is no support for foreign language so i wrote a new time in english it was the 9 th of october. I am a bit surprised because I did not get any comment to my mail. I can confirm that i am not a pro I just help a few friends ,I dont understand why teamviewer team thought i am a pro. How to solve this misunderstanding? thanks

• Coucou :)

Ne t'inquiete pas, teamviewer fais juste sa pour que tu achete une license chez eux. Sa fais des années que tous les 6 mois mon compte et bloqué pour utilisation Commercial alors que je n'utilise que pour aidé quelque amis ou pire pour me co en local sur mon pc portable qui est a coté de moi mais pour eux je fais de l'assistance utilisateur.

Bienvenue chez Teamviewer, au passage ta chopper ou le lien pour avoir le support je le trouve plus