Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• romina
    romina Posts: 1
    Please note that the use of the program is totally personal 
    and is not used for commercial purposes.
  • dkc1959
    dkc1959 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same issue ... barely get 1 minute before it closes connection

• hexing
    hexing Posts: 4

I too am suffering a false positive on my personal use.  I submitted the form and my logfile last month, but still no response.  Meantime my TeamViewer has been getting more and more restricted (now logs me out after 5 minutes and I have to wait before reconnecting).

Who can help me

• Turiican
    Turiican Posts: 1

I know exactly what you are going through.
    I had my account unlocket 2 times in the past years and today, again, i am locked.

I am using my account for family (4 people) and around 8 friends of mine which one is, as I know now, in a domain at home which triggerd it once. maybe this time again?

This is just getting annoying...

• mattdud
    mattdud Posts: 5 ✭✭

Last Saturday I had an issue with Teamviewer logging me out and blocking me as it thought I was using it for commercial use, which I wasn't! I addded a topic to get help.  NOT ONE attempt to help me with this problem! I can't call the tech team as I don't have a commecial licence.

I will go else where if I don't get the support I need!

• DigiDom
    DigiDom Posts: 1

I am currently trying to fill out the personal use verification form here. However I am unable to submit a log file as I only use the portable version on the pc that is being flagged for commercial use. I have no admin access on the flagged pc so i am unable to install teamviewer.

I've always recomended teamveiwer to anyone that asked but after this im not so sure.

Please Help

• You can fill the form at https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected
    But, since we are free users, expect them to act for a relatively long time. I have filled the form since about 3 weeks ago, and still no luck till today.
  • patrick37
    patrick37 Posts: 1

exactly what happens with me also

i am now blocked for the seventh time!!

every time they unlock me and one month later the same happens

and the price is absurd!

• xprt0071
    xprt0071 Posts: 1

Hi

I started this thread and actually after getting the above problem, I thought it would be too cumbersome going through the suggested process of convincing the Teamviewer team, I was using the laptop/teamviewer only for prvate stuff. I do not know, since I have re-installed Windows on my laptop a few times since then, whether that played a role. In such a case, my "new" PC, which had been added to my account was no longer there. Apparently, Teamviewer does not recognize the old entry or connect it to the pc. That's why I was originally asking how one can remove such PCs from the online account.

Anyway, i decided not to add my PC again and actually did not use the account based approach again. Instead, I decided to install on the "fresh" laptop just the simple portable version.

For my friend, we removed the Teamviewer version allowing account use and installed the simple portable version. This worked with no issue. I cannot just access his PC and for each session, we use Skype or email to to get the ID/password and can then I can connect.

Recently, for yet another guy, who apparently had this other version connected to the account, I was using my portable version, but he still had the account connected version. His 1.5 year old son was recently knocked down by a car. I was helping him urgently draft a report to the police & insurance to be sent that day, and then we get this outrageous cut-off, allegedly because of commercial use.

I was so angry... anyway, we had to find other means to do that. I later uninstalled the version on his pc and installed a portable version. I also deleted all PCs on my account and that very account itself. I had to log in using another hardly used account to post this.

We have been able to use the portable versions so far. I would suggest, unless you go the way of convincing Teamviewer ... to remove the 2 PCs from the account, uninstall the version of Teamviewer you have and install portable versions. Before each session, though, you have to get via Skype or some other means the ID/PW of your wife.

I'm sure that's a quicker solution and will work at least for a while.

I hope it helps

• woodyboy
    woodyboy Posts: 9
    Same here. See my C&P ticket below:
    Ticket ID: 4151798
    Subject: Request from Commercial Use Suspected form
  • GoNz0
    GoNz0 Posts: 4

Every couple of years I get this but now I have to go through here?

Well it has happened again so can someone please unblock my account, nothing has changed since last time.

• sparani
    sparani Posts: 2

Same for me, just using it on my private PCs at home and I always get these messages nowadays:

TV1.pngTV2.png

• GoNz0
    GoNz0 Posts: 4

Something has changed for them to do this to us, they are obviously pushing the free users away as they do not need us, probably due to the excessive pricing structure. Instead of offering a home network licence £382 for a single connection licence per year is a total joke.

I guess I will start looking at other RDP solutions, I did like teamviewer as I also use it for work but even they are looking for an alternative due to the price they pay to use this to support us field techs who need assistance deploying computers to our clients.

• dian2n
    dian2n Posts: 2

I get limitations in sessions when using thimiever and I'm prompted to buy the paid version. I do not use the program for commercial purposes, and I believe that your estimation algorithm is based on data that can be interpreted in two ways. As a result of misinterpretation, I am accepted as a business user. This is not true. I have two places where I live and I have computers there. I go to work during the day and occasionally connect with computers in these places to make sure everything is fine there. I do this from my computer at work, where I identify myself with my user name in teamviewer. Other my colleagues also use this program on the same computer. They use their login name.
    I have no idea how your algorithms are working to detect business consumption, but that does not happen to me. I do not take money to support foreign computers. The computers I'm accessing with Teamviewer are just mine.
    What can I do to reuse the free version without restrictions. What should I do to prevent myself being mistakenly recognized as a business user from your system

• I have the same problem!!! HELP PLEASE

• Tsoots
    Tsoots Posts: 2

Very same problem here. Helping my +80yrs old Mother is suddenly considered commercial and not allowed without buying a license. She does cook me a lunch or dinner every now and then but not even weekly but still I would not count that as commercial use of Teamviewer. What are the Teamviewer options.

• sylviae
    sylviae Posts: 1

i too have had "suspected commercial use" and running a "Business network" when it is a home network and i only use TV on average twice a month to help friends free. i wrote to them and included logs which prove my case, but no reply.

[competitor link removed by moderator per community guidelines]

• trekfan1
    trekfan1 Posts: 17
    Problem: cloudberry remote assistant do not have a Linux version...
  • Thanos81
    Thanos81 Posts: 1

Good Morning

When I try to connect to my PC from my office your software give me an allert I am using it as a commercial usage.

I already had this problem in the past and I specified I do not use teamviewer for commercial usage, I only connect to my home PC during the day I am at work, from my working PC, to check my personals E-MAIL, chat with friends via whatsapp web and similar things that are not for work. 

I think this is a personal usage not a enterprise one even if I use it almost every day for hours. How can I fix this issue? I really need and love your software but I am not going to pay 334€ for year to use this function.

Can you please help me or indicate me how to fix this problem?

Thank you so much

King regards

problem.PNG

• Аналогично. На мой взгляд, полное свинство - критерии коммерческого использования нигде не указаны. Я использую TV исключительно в личных целях, и получил эту гадость совершенно неожиданно. Хорошо хоть, не в заграничной поездке, а в часе езды от дома.

• mattdud
    mattdud Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Thanks for this! Called customer service who refused to help. Called back and have waited 30 minutes so far with no answer! NOT IMPRESSED!!!!
  • Hi.

I'm a user of Teamviewer.

I have been using it for many years and I'm really greaful to use this kind of program

Actually, I don't use the Teamviewer as commercial purpose.

I just try to check my e-mail or playing game by it.

In this case, should I purchase the license of Teamviewer ?

If not, please let me know how can I use this program without license.

Best regards

• Arminio
    Arminio Posts: 3 ✭✭

Same problem here since today. Session time out after 1 minute... and after 3 tries I get blocked for a certain amount of time... what is happening here???

• majerpain
    majerpain Posts: 1

After fresh installs of Teamviewer 13 on both mine and dad's Pc's I lookafter his via Teamviewer as he is over 3 Hrs. drive away.

"Connection Blocked after Timeout" Your licence limits the maximum session durations connections to this partner will be blocked untill This occurs right at logon help please

• Same problem, after 1 minute will disconnected, anyone have a solution? thank you

• Azsde
    Azsde Posts: 1

My account has been flagged as "suspected of commercial use", I can't connect to my computers anymore !

I always have used this software on a private level and never made any commercial use of it.

Now I can't log into my computer without beeing kicked out in less than 2 minutes, and locked out for another 10 minutes !

@Esther I am NOT the only one having this issue.

Can you please investigate the matter ?

• Hello

TV say i am pro but i am not a pro...

how can I do?

regards

Max

• serverhack
    serverhack Posts: 3 ✭✭
    I have the same problem, I've been using TV for years only as personnal use and today I have received the banner to buy license, even nothing has changed...
  • vishnu03
    vishnu03 Posts: 1

Is there any solution for this

• b45t4rd
    b45t4rd Posts: 1

Hello,

Im using a Businessaccount with two channels. Now i want to do some work with my ios devices, but it shows me "Commercial use" an quit my session after five minutes.

What do i do wrong?

greets