Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Razor512
    Razor512 Posts: 1

I have been having similar issues.

uKYbv86

99% of my use of teamviewer is literally controlling my laptop that I will have on the desk next to me while I am on my desktop PC and want to do maintenance like driver updates and other things, but don't want to bother with the laptop keyboard and trackpad.

Beyond that, on rare occasion I will use it to help a family member out, with some basic things.

• I posted this in another topic but think it suits here also...

I wish I could buy a personal license!

I'm happy to pay for the software, I get good use out of it but just can't justify the price of the corporate licenses, especially when the cheapest is £31.90/month, so ridiculous.

Recently 2 devices have been coming up with suspected corporate use which is impossible as I don't connect to any devices that are on a domain but now I can't use the software and can't view my friends computers.

I've put in a request but who knows if that will work or not.

Going to have to look at alternative software, which is really unfortunate and annoying Smiley Sad

• Filoor
    Filoor Posts: 1

I'm facing the same problem any work around?

• nafeesra
    nafeesra Posts: 1

Same thing happen to me . I have contact teamviewer and  fill the form where I have mentioned  I am not using this product for  commerical use but still no luck . Teamviewer is dead product for me . Teamviewer company become money greedy now 

• Why can't I connect to my PC at home? I've seen a message which says commercial use dectected, but it's incorrect - this is personal use.

Was working fine last week, just getting this error today. 

•  good morning, I use teamviewer exclusively for private use to control family computers.

lately I get a message that blocks the link:

Connection blocked after reaching the maximum time .....

How can I avoid this blockage? I repeat the use is absolutely private

thank you

• herv55595
    herv55595 Posts: 1

Hello,

I have the use of teamviewer to help my friends to update the norton antivirus.

I help them maintain windows 10 in general everyday.

here is the essence of the use I make to help at a distance.

since a few days for your software teamviewer everything is cut after 15 seconds.

a message tells me that you assert me that I have a teamviewer use in a way that is not like an individual.

I write to tell you that I have nothing of a business. I am a human being who helps others be human for their computers and smartphone.

if I would be remunerer for it would be great except that no.

to finalize my message. I look at the price you offer. it's more expensive than the price of my internet access. it is imposssible for me to meet the requirements firancière. I am too poor for that.

and above all, I could not be a business on my own, I am handicapped in the world of employment.

but, thanks anyway for blocking me.

thank you for your attention. cordially

bonjour,

j'ai l'usage de teamviewer pour aider mes amis à mettre l'antivirus norton à jours.

je les aide pour la maintenante de windows 10 en général au quotidien.

voila l'essentiel de l'usage que je fait pour aider à distance.

depuis quelques jours pour vôtre logiciel teamviewer tout est couper après 15 secondes.

un message me dit que vous m'affirmer que j'ai une utilisation de teamviewer de façon qui n'est pas comme un particulier.

je vous écris pour vous dire que j'ai rien d'une entreprise. je suis un être humain qui aide d'autres être humains pour leurs ordinateurs et smartphone.

si je serait remunerer pour cela se serait génial sauf que non.

pour finaliser mon message. je regarder le prix que vous proposer. ça fait plus chère que le prix de mon accès à internet. il est imposssible pour moi de répondre aux exigences firancière. je suis trop pauvre pour ça.

puis surtout je ne pourrait être une entreprise à moi tout seul, je suis handicapé face au monde de l'emploi.

mais, merci quand même de me bloquer.

merci pour vôtre écoute. cordialement

• Ibox
    Ibox Posts: 1
    also, it warns you that you have 5 min and after 30/60 seconds disconnects.
  • bemo47
    bemo47 Posts: 1
    same for me.... all connections give this message after very short time !!!!
  • Ash18
    Ash18 Posts: 3

So I have 3-4 computers for my own personal use around the house one which is a server and others which are my laptop and home PC.

Since this new Teamviewer release, I've been having issues, which are whenever I go to connect to my computer which is upstairs or wherever in the house it then comes up with Auto commercial use? and restricts me to 5 minutes and this has been annoying...

To which my computers are still on the same network in the house just on different connections such as ethernet the upstairs wifi booster and the downstairs booster. I don't see that being the problem because they would all come under the same router IP?

Any ideas? 

Please help :(

Ash

• Dreinv
    Dreinv Posts: 1

Hello,

first, sorry for my english... I'm french.

I have a free personnal version of teamviewer. Today, teamviewer  say to me " commercial utilisation detected" and close. But i'm not a professional...

Why i'm detected in professionnal use.

Can you help me ?

• Dear Community

I've got the message that he think, that i''ve use teamviewer commercial but that isn't right. i had about a year ago for a half year a blockade because teamviewer say my trial license is ouver.

how i can show teamviewer, that i've dont use that commercial and teamviewer-members, if you read that thread, please note that i've alwaya use that privat. it's my personal computer what i've use only private.

[ID removed by moderator]

i know that this is pritty difficult because i'm a infonancial tecnology trainee but i've use that just private.

greatings, gian duri calonder, infornancial tecnology trainee

SUSPECTION TROUGHT COMMERCIAL USE

The Software looks used in commercial. Please look that the Free Version isn't for commercial Thinks use!

Thanks for your fairness

tv.png

• Ady
    Ady Posts: 4

Teamviewer is now unusable, it permanently says commercial use suspected, and session is limited to 5 minutes. However session lasts less than 20 seconds before termination, and can't get back in.

Unable to sumbit a support ticket as this for paid users, and unable to submit log file for analysis because there is an upload limit for 2.5MB and my log file is 3MB.

• Astaraelx
    Astaraelx Posts: 1

I've been using teamviewer for years to access my personal machine  for non commercial use. As I do access it from my workplace, I thought it was fair enough that I received the warning and immediately filled out the proper form to get my licence changed back to the free one so I don't have this 90 second limit on connection.

I logged my request 30 days ago now, and I'm still stuck with the limited connection. Multiple colleagues who use it for the same reasons as me from the same network have since been unlocked, most within a week or two.

Why is mine taking so long, and now over the 30 day advised limit?

thanks,

• skyspy007
    skyspy007 Posts: 2
    Good day Astaralex, I am pretty annoyed with them, i have been using the TV for years also, i am disabled and all of a sudden getting this nonsense of using it commercial. What can we do to get rid of this message, i have un-installed, registered with a new name and different email address and stil getting this message. Hope they do something about it. It is typical of the IT penpushers sitting and looking for someone to annoy!!!
  • Bankfodder
    Bankfodder Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Unlike many others here, I can't blame them for dealing with their own software the way they want to. However, I think that the incredibly poor customer service is shocking – especially for a German company which I would have thought would have had a little more empathy and also pride in how they treat people

I'm sure that it is useless trying to reregister or reinstall or use different email addresses. I think that the unique identity number is tied into the machine number of your computer and you would have to find a way of changing or disguising the machine number and then reregistering under an unknown email address – and that might do it.

Alternatively of course, get a new computer.

It would simply be nice if TeamViewer would communicate with people. I don't think that is too unreasonable.
  • Jbib
    Jbib Posts: 11 ✭✭

Hi Bankfodder

Unpleasant business decision for money, this problem will never be fixed !
    [comment removed per Community Guidelines - #9 - Sales/solicitation policy]
    Jbib

• joggs
    joggs Posts: 2

The support team should be back at work as germany totally **bleep** and are out of this world cup in soccer...

• matrixebiz
    matrixebiz Posts: 11

Hello, my computer says I have a 5 minute test of the software but it drops my connection after 30 seconds not 5 minutes. How do i fix this? Thanks

• foufouner
    foufouner Posts: 2

Bonjour
    J'utilise teamVievwer pour prendre le contrôle de mon ordinateur personnel car je suis hospitalisé.J'ai toujours utilisé TeamViewer à des fin personnel et non commercial cependant depuis hier j'ai ce message !!
    Capture d’écran 2018-07-02 à 13.07.18.png

pourquoi ?

• foufouner
    foufouner Posts: 2

@Jbib wrote:

La direction de TeamViewer à décidé de se débarrasser des utilisateurs à titre privé et personnel qui utilisent leur produit à titre gratuit.
    Tu peux leur demander de te rétablir comme utilisateur personnel mais ça mettra un certain temps ... il paraitrait au moins 2 mois, et s'ils veulent bien ?

Jbib

Pas cool ca !!

Cependant pour les alternative sous mac j'ai pas trouvé !

• Same with me the companmy is trying to scam people int buying their massivly over pricers product for those that would like to use their apparently FREE personal use licience its a joke 

if this was availible for like $10 a month i would buy it dfor personal use with less features 

I have applied for a so called personal licience wit tthier form but i have heard nothing and doubt I will as it is just am excuse to try and get people to pay the full corporate licince 

Will never recommend TV again to anyone as i am disusted with how the copmpany is acting

• [comment removed per Community Guidelines - #6 - Just the facts, please]

• I have this problem.

I really like Teamviewer and have been using it to support my daughter and parents as well as maintaining a couple of computers around my house - very useful as I broke my leg recently!

I have previously reccomended TV to my employers. I shan't be doing that again.

It appears to me that TV have been making a vast number of wrong calls in automatically and incorrectly detecting 'commercial' use on non-commercial accounts. So with that it mind I can no longer suggest that this is a reliable solution in a commercial context. This problem has affected me and my family but it would be worse if something similar affected a business.

Just in case it helps, as I have seen little in this thread about what may trigger this issue, in my case this is what occurred immediately before the ban hammer came down:

I used a hotspot on my mobile phone to connect through my usual Surface to my home media server. I forgot to close the hotspot on my phone and simply shut up the Surface.

When I returned home a couple of hours later I noticed that my hotspot was still active, my Surface was still connected to it and TV was still open. I closed it all down and switched to my laptop to connect again to the media server in my property.

I got the notice that commercial use was detected.

Since then, despite being promised 5 minutes of connection time, I get about 1 minute before it closes and then I'm unable to connect for 10-15 minutes. This makes all but tiny tasks impossible and I have been unable to assist my daughter with her homework (she often needs help with Photoshop and Office).

My guess it was the length of the connection, left idle through my hotspot that was flagged.

I've submitted logs, twice. The form submission has been acknowledged on both occasions and I've twice explained the situation at length. I'm now waiting on whatever happens next - although I'm deeply concerned I'm falling into the black hole so many others have descibed. I'm not really seeing anyone say "hey, I filled in the appeal form and everything got fixed".

As things stand, I've got to consider alternatives. There's pain in switching and I really don't want to. But as the window for a possible and uncertain resolution to this issue is so incredibly long I may well have to eat it up and somehow have my relatives install a different solution (I certainly couldn't do it for them inside the 60 second window I'm allowed and that's probably intentional).

Should that happen, TV have lost a fan and a potential customer and turn them from an ambassador to a vocal critic.

• KunjanChauhan
    KunjanChauhan Posts: 3 ✭✭

It is sad to say that after many years of happily using TeamViewer for personal use, for helping friends and family with occasional IT problems and for voluntary community work where every now and again we collaborate using TV, the software has now become unusable for me as well.

I struggle with repeated popups stating suspected commercial use and time limited connections that last less than the time to connect and handshake.  No they do not last 5 minutes!

[comment removed per Community Guidelines - #6 - Just the facts, please]

At this time, I too can no longer recommend "TV".

• I never own a cent with teamviewer... I did use  it to access my computers. Now, their algorithms said I've cheated, as private use.

I would like to purchase the license, but the price is non sense.

Ok, no problem.

[comment removed per Community Guidelines - #9 - Sales/solicitation policy] 

Thank you guys.. you did a wonderful job.

ANGELO
  • thduat
    thduat Posts: 1
    Dear Support Teamviewer,

I use Teamview do support my friends
    I have mistake setup Teamviewer version 11 Company on my laptop Win 8. And now this version has expired.

Please guide me change to version personal. I want use version Free.
    Screenshot 2018-07-05 10.31.49.png