Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• bd2acaeb
    bd2acaeb Posts: 7

Also getting SAME "Commercial Use Detected" message for 3 days now across ALL 6 of my home PC's.

Just sent a complaint in to "fix" the issue via the "Personal use Verification" web portal at https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/

Portal indications it could take up to 30 days to receive a response from the SALES DEPARTMENT! :smileymad:  :robotsad:

30 DAYS FOR A RESPONSE IS UNACCEPTABLE! 

The few times I have posted a message needing help on this site or sent a complaint to them via the app indicating "Something is bothering me" I have never received a reply from a TeamViewer Help Desk rep.

Guess NON-PAID USERS GET THE **bleep** treatment here and only $$$ counts to them. TIME TO LOOK INTO OTHER FREE REMOTE CONTROL APPS.

• Entium
    Entium Posts: 2

I have been using Team Viewer for my 8 PC's and devices at home, and as of two weeks ago this has happened to me, I have emailed Teamviewer and no response, What the **bleep** is going on?  I'm sorry but if your software can't determine the difference between business use cases and home use cases, I will go else where.  Its not hard to set up VPN for my systems but Team Viewer was working fine for over a year and now this? 

As a free user I understand that support is not spontaneous but 2 weeks guys........

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

@Closed account

I can confirm rfennimore is not a staff member.

They are a regular user just like everybody else. Believe me, it's the first thing we check.
    Just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean they have an ulterior motive.

Of course you are free to not believe me as I am sure you will choose not to, but I thought I would confirm it anyway for rfennimore's sake

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Bogmore
    Bogmore Posts: 8

I'm sure one of the professional criteria is using TV from a different country to your home country.  I used mine to buy a lottery ticket in the UK from abroad on my mobile. Got back from holiday and BOOM! BANNED! 

• BillBittel
    BillBittel Posts: 11
    edited March 2022

After having TeamViewer Support hang up on me, my connections stopped being interrupted. Not due to the call, since they never even asked who I was, or anything specific about the ticket I submitted. She hung up on me before we got that far. Anyway, it started working again but since the detection, accusing, and disconnects are evedently specific to each machine ID, I would have to run around to every machine and check to see if it can establish a TV link without being disconnected a short time later.

I guess I could do that but the thing is, with all of these reports of people's accounts being "cleared" as personal use, and then getting disconnected again anyway, I just don't feel like I can rely on TeamViewer anymore. How they implemented their "crackdown" has caused a serious backlash, and now it seems like accounts are getting enabled and re-crippled in a random and haphazard fashion. That is not something I need in a remote access utility!!

My big thing was finding a reasonable service that handles multiple monitors on the remote end well. Most of the computers I remote into have 4 to 6 displays, so being able to jump between them quickly is important to me. TeamViewer does this well, but if I can't depend on it working, its not much use to me. So, like some others, I am moving on whether my machines are approved as personal use or not. I can't trust TeamViewer anymore. [removed per Community Guidelines]

• Drekko
    Drekko Posts: 2
    edited March 2022

Teamviewer **bleep** now

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭
    @Bogmore, if your ticket wins then TV might consider you are commercial because you made money. Better let them know if you didn't win.
  • Faisaltv
    Faisaltv Posts: 2
    I used to use the program as personal in my mobile but sudenly it stop working and i am getting message that . This programm is used as commercial although i am using it only to control my personal pc. Help please
  • Faisaltv
    Faisaltv Posts: 2
    I used to use the program as personal in my mobile but sudenly it stop working and i am getting message that . This programm is used as commercial although i am using it only to control my personal pc. Help please
  • sman583
    sman583 Posts: 1

Yes me happening the same all the time 

• I am having the same problem. I tried the above suggestion and it did not work. I still got the warning and was disconnected.

• [comment removed per Community Guidelines - #9 - Sales/solicitation policy]  I've used TV for many years for personal use only and then it kept saying commercial use. Oh well TV is done

• tarascon
    tarascon Posts: 14 ✭✭

LOL. I just received an email that my account was restored to non-commercial. Guess what- I can't connect to a single computer of mine. All flagged as commercial. LOL

• DanoNH
    DanoNH Posts: 4 ✭✭

Stop the TV software/service and/or reboot...

@tarascon wrote:

LOL. I just received an email that my account was restored to non-commercial. Guess what- I can't connect to a single computer of mine. All flagged as commercial. LOL

• Last week, any my connections will dropped in 1 minute. And after that I get a restriction for 10 minutes. Who knows what is it?

• Grandmstrbud
    Grandmstrbud Posts: 12
    edited March 2022

If they put as much effort into fixing the issue as they did removing posts that spreak the truth then it would be resolved by now. Yes [removed per Community Guidelines]

• tarascon
    There ia no issue that “needs to be resolved”.
    Don’t you get it?
  • Users who have their accounts being flagged and not being able to use them even though is for personal use isn't an issue? TV advertises it as free for personal use but yet they are not allowing is even if it is for personal use? And somehow you think that's not an issue they should address? If there's no issue here then why are there 30 pages of posts? Wow that comment just amazes me

• Hey!

In my mind, I have been interested in how you determine commercial use.

So I have the home-user and help friends and relatives about once a month updates and other.

I am constantly receiving notifications of commercial use.

Finally, I would like to know why.

Whether it's the number of connections, the number of trusted devices, or the number of machines on my list.

I constantly get sent because of the commercial use of logfiles to you and ask to open a free use.

For information:

I have read the Terms and I think I have acted according to them.

I have no business and I can not get this money.

I even looked at a paid license, but I can not pay 400 € per year

I would have enough access to 20 machines even though 100 € a year, but such a license you do not have.

Tell me now why do your system always report for commercial use?

I do not want any automated system response but really discuss this

• Hi all,

I eventually reinstalled on my pc and eventually the issue went away.

Good luck!
  • Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

@Closed account

I didn't say anything about the users opinion.

They were called a staff member which is a false statement.
    I simply confirmed they were not a staff member and they do not speak for TeamViewer.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • dean50
    dean50 Posts: 2

Hello, Teamviwer manager.

Well, it seems my account got a sanction again.

The notice says me that my account is being used for comercial purpose.

I only use my account to access an online game 'Maplestory' at the outside of my house.

To be honest, my PC (that is used for playing game) doesn't even have 'Microsoft Office'. I don't install the office programs because I don't want to make my pc slow.

I have total 2 pcs and 1 mac book. But I only use account on a pc and macbook for gaming.

My 1 other pc is for work but I don't use Teamviwer on that pc tho.

I wonder why I'm keep getting this sanction.

Please help me.

Sincerely,

Dean

• abrs110
    abrs110 Posts: 1

Hi all can anyone help .

I use teamvier to log into my PC at home I am kno wgetting a message you using for comercila use.

How does fix this as i am not using for comerial use it private

• rosebud
    rosebud Posts: 3 ✭✭

I am using thre free version 13.x of TeamViewer and have received a notification that I'm using it for commercial purposes.  I am not and connect to my PC and laptop via my phone for personal use.  This notice has been displayed twice in the past years and was resolved with my sending logs.  I do not see a location on the web site to contact anyone to send these logs so this misunderstanding can be resolved.

Please help.

Thank you!

• BoobFrog
    BoobFrog Posts: 1
    Hello my account was flagged as commercial, although I only used it privately.

How can you change this again?
  • RemotePC
    RemotePC Posts: 4

The easiest would be switching to a different provider that is not constantly **bleep** their users....

• tarascon

@DanoNH wrote:

Stop the TV software/service and/or reboot...

@tarascon wrote:

Nope. Still blocked. It was worth waiting 3 weeks /*sarcasm*/

• bobkoz
    bobkoz Posts: 1

I've been using Teamviewer free for personal use for years and now I'm being asked to buy a commercial license. Why am I getting this message? I just use it for personal use.

• I've used TV as long as it's been around and then this. Oh well I don't mind [Removed per Community Guidelinesthough it's pretty good

• Kennycr
    Kennycr Posts: 1

Thanks for the tip.  I too switched to [Removed per Community Guidelines].  Even a professional license is [Removed per Community Guidelinesnot Thousands