Posted by JackHK
Tetragon

Re: Commercial Use Detected

I submitted the form in January, but still blocked until now....You are so lucky!

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: Commercial Use Detected

@WyldAnimal wrote:

Hello, 

I did find and Fill out the Form.
I explained in detail how I use Team viewer, and My Free use was returned.
But , as far as i know,  it was done without acknowledgement or reply to the form.

It's back to working without timming out.

So I do Recomend Finding the Form, and Submitting it...

You must be unique!

My experience and that of hundreds of others has been absolutely "no activity" in spite of filling in the form.

Some exceptions: the free use has been reinstated only to find a week or so later that the "commercial use" warning bobs up again.

Posted by johnnyboydotcc
Digon

Re: Remote connection disconnects after 5 minutes

Found v14 for armhf but this only works on Stretch and not Jessie. My previous statement still applies, as most of the Raspberry Pi computers run Jessie and it looks as though I will be employing other remote management methods instead of TeamViewer.

Coupled with regular and somewhat sinister 'possible commercial use detected' warnings when I change hostnames. this is fast becoming a management issue that's taking up too much time for me personally. The application was useful for a long period of time but it's now becoming a pain.

Posted by burak
Electron

Connection time limitation

I also opened a personal account for academic purposes at the university. I'm getting a commercial usage error recently (exp: time limitation, comication blocks ... etc.). How can I solve this problem?

Posted by seanleo
Photon

teamviewer become commercial.

recently my teamviewer suspected i used for commercial. But i only use it for personal use.

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: Connection time limitation

@burak wrote:

I also opened a personal account for academic purposes at the university. I'm getting a commercial usage error recently (exp: time limitation, comication blocks ... etc.). How can I solve this problem?

Bin TV and use **Third Party Product**.  :-)

Posted by jweaver100
Henagon

Commerical Use - Kicking me out after 30 seconds, not 5 mins

I am a long time user of TeamViewer and use it at work to check my PC at home.

Today, I have started to get a warning that Commercial Use is detected and I can only connect for 5 mins.. Whilst this is not true (as I am using it for personal use) I get why TV is saying this as I am using it from work, so I accept this.

But, it says that I an connect for 5 mins, which is fine as in general I am usually just doing some simple admin.. But I am being disconnected after 30 seconds... I am then limited from re-connecting for a further 10 mins..

This is now unusable and a huge disappointment as I can't use TV at all.

Anyone know why I am not getting the 5 mins I am told I will?

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: teamviewer become commercial.

@seanleo wrote:

recently my teamviewer suspected i used for commercial. But i only use it for personal use.

Join the club - see all fifty odd posts in this thread!

Posted by JackHK
Tetragon

Please fill in the form and wait.....wait.... wait.... good luck!

Posted by JackHK
Tetragon

Please submit the form and wait wait wait... Good luck!

Posted by Stu_1971
Henagon

...make that more than 500 posts in this thread... (The number at the bottom is the number of pages. Each page has at least 10 entries.)

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Of course - brain in neutral this morning!
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

@Elliot2    Your post has been gestapoed as has my response!  However, not until after both messages had arrived in my email client so I, along with I suspect, hundreds of others will have read both posts anyway.

What do they think they're achieving other than disastrous publicity.   Does nobody at TV understand about marketing, reputation and customer service?  

Some of us have used it personally on our own LANs but, if like me, free users are in the software business, I've given TV many, many recommendations over the years for genuine commercial operations.   Never again!   And I'm still developing software for clients!

What is amusing is that in the PM notification for post removal they talk about "respect"; it's laughable since they show none to those who've been loyal to the brand for decades!

Posted by jo90
Neutron

Re: Session disconnects after 5 minutes (Free License, not commercial)

seems teamviewer is having trouble with the concept of "team"

if its not sorted will look for other systems 

@cseder wrote:

I've set up a computer for remote management at my fathers house to help my him with computer problems occasionally.

I've added it to my list of computers and the connection works great, except that I get disconnected after 5 minutes, and then I have to wait for a while before re-connecting or I get an error message.

I've tried to make things as easy as possible, and register his computer in the "My Computers" section in the TeamViewer manager by installing the Host version and enabling "easy access" from my account.

Should this be set up in a different way? With him creating an account and that I use this to connect to his computer through my contacts or something?

If this is a limitation of the Free License, I'll rather use a different solution for this sporadic support need.

**Third Party Product** or something is really all I need, but I figured using a trusted provider like TeamViewer would be both more safe and easier to manage.
Doesn't seem like this is the case.

Posted by whybother
Henagon

to get around all this lunacy with TV, and commercial use,  I started using **Third Party Product** for the remote desktop part, and openssh paired with FileZilla to get the file transfer GUI part . DONE, for me, its the exact same functions as I used with TV with no more hassle. 

Posted by krugern
Trigon

This is hilarious. Getting two email notifications for every post with a third party product mentioned. First the original post and then the edited one 😂 😂 😂 It's not like we don't get the product name mentioned 😂 😂
Posted by JackHK
Tetragon

Re: Session disconnects after 5 minutes (Free License, not commercial)

Fill in the form and wait, good luck!

Posted by pv7721
Pentagon

@krugern : yep, as you get an email with each post, you get it once as you made it, and a 2nd time when it gets edited. So the editing of 3rd party product names is only an illusion, anyone browsing this huge thread will eventually notice that 3rd party product names are more and more often mentioned.

Posted by krugern
Trigon

Even better, I got asked to fill out a survey on this very website. Can't say I gave them a positive review. 

Posted by pv7721
Pentagon

@krugern : yeah, happened to me as well :)

Posted by 7leagueboot
Trigon

I have said this already in this thread however, given the moderators behavior and the total lack of proactive response from the company itself, I think it is worth underlining how many TV users may now be reacting.

Instead of applying damage control and rescuing the situation, you chose to double down on the removal of free users. Like I said before, if you don't want us, all you need to do is remove the Personal Use option from your website. The fact that you won't do that yet accuse all of us as liars indicates you are keeping the Personal Use option to act as clickbait.

If you seriously believe that getting people with zero intention of commercial usage to download, install, and use your product, only to accuse them of commercial use later is a good method for selling licenses, well as the Americans would say, "I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you."

Just look at this thread...
You are literally destroying ALL your company's credibility with this insane policy! I promise you, none of these people have anything nice to say about you now and many are busy shouting from the rooftops.

It's not as though you are unaware of it either. Everytime someone uninstalls your product they are asked to explain why. Unless you never read those comments, you must be getting hit with 100's if not 1000's of furious ex-users explaining why they have chosen to refuse your paid option and install a THIRD PARTY PRODUCT.

Oh, and by the way, just in case you get it into your heads that deleting this entire thread will solve the problem, I'm here to tell you it won't. It will just make matters much worse. For a kick-off, I have saved a screenshot of every single page which I keep updated as more and more people post about their frustration. The day you delete this thread is the day I will release the lot as a PDF to both your competition and to reviews such as PC Magazine. I'm sure it will make an impressive story!

Posted by Clive_Thorne
Henagon

Having free easy to use version was a great marketing strategy, leading to many licence purchases, with the free version making it the first name that came to mind. It might still be 'free' but it's certainly not easy to use anymore (having to submit forms and wait for any action).

Unfortunately it looks like "Game Over" for TeamViewer Free, and I shall be moving myself and family members to an alternative product.

Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

@Stu_1971 

"Each page has at least 10 entries."

I counted 50 entries each on page 57 and 58. Oddly, page 1 has 52 entries unless I miscounted.

I've noticed the page numbers don't seem to increase as quickly as the I'd expect based on the number of emails I receive. Maybe when this thread started a year and a half ago there were fewer per page??

Posted by pv7721
Pentagon

@bazbsg : TV moderators often merges in this one topics opened by other users not aware of the existence of this one. This might influence page counts and posts per page (and recently noted posts being deleted).

Posted by Nefeco
Neutron

Over aggressive detection of "commercial use".

Hello,

For about the third time now TeamViewer's over-aggressive "commercial use" detector has deemed my use as being commercial when it isn't. I've completed the relevant form, it's been re-set to "free" and then about a week later it re-detects something it thinks is commercial. It's just getting beyond a joke and the product becomes so restricted as to make it useless.

There's no detail given, no dialogue, no explanation as to what's triggered it *again* - no nothing, just "fill in this form" for a 3rd time - after which nothing happens for (last time) over a month before it gets reset. That's one broken process.

If anyone from TeamViewer can resolve this properly then please could you? I think TeamViewer also need to have a look at their over-twitchy detection algorythm!

N.

Posted by Doversole
Digon

Re: Please upgrade your license - personal use.

I got the same issue.

I filled in the form with name account, email address and an explanation on how I am using Teamviewer.

Guess what? No replies. And still detected as commercial use.

As stated above, really a **bleep** CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Posted by pv7721
Pentagon

@Doversole : when did you fill the form? The resolution time is completely random.

Posted by raysnothappy
Henagon

Thats it for me.

I am going else where. Dont know where but I will find it

Posted by 7leagueboot
Trigon

@Closed account wrote:
and I have nothing to do with dogs!

You mean, not that you would want aired in public... LOL!!

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

@7leagueboot wrote:

@Closed account wrote:
and I have nothing to do with dogs!

You mean, not that you would want aired in public... LOL!!

I guess you found the sites LOL!

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

I've just received an email about a post by @bazbsg and, when I click on the link, I get 'Access Denied'.   

Would you believe it?

Well, on reflection, I suppose YES, - this is the gestapo forum after all!"

2 Replies
Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

@Closed account 

I got an email stating that my post was removed because I was advertising competitor products.

I didn't mention a single competitor product. I just asked if I switch to any other product if I would have to give up two features of teamviewer that I like, file transfer and VPN. How come other post just have the competitor product name censored but my entire post was deleted?

I wonder if the censors work 24/7 or just during Germany working hours.

Posted by JackHK
Tetragon

Me too! Moved to the alternatives and which is good so far!

Posted by JackHK
Tetragon

I waited 5 months but still blocked. I gave up now and switched to an alternatives. That is very similar to TV and free of charge!

Good luck!

Posted by tinkerstoys
Trigon

Feedback is like respect you must give it to get it!!! Thanks!!
Posted by Serpiko
Photon

Help activation commercial license for error

help I had activated the commercial test and now at the expiration tells me that I can not use teamviever with my account because license expired, but I am a private user how can I solve?

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: Help activation commercial license for error

@Serpiko wrote:

help I had activated the commercial test and now at the expiration tells me that I can not use teamviever with my account because license expired, but I am a private user how can I solve?

I suggest you do a search through this thread.  That question has been asked hundreds of times and much advice already given.

Posted by Grant837
Trigon

He all, what could we post say on LinkedIn, where our professional lifes are attached, about TV treatment of those who they claim there is a free version, and the very poor service without ruining our reputation as 'complainers'?

Is there one good post here, or outside, we can all amplify?

I think TV needs to learn the power of social media now....

Just an idea...

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

I’m starting a blog on my own website shortly. :-)
Posted by Funk
Digon

Still no response from Teamviewer my end.  **bleep** 'em, I've got a perfectly good alternative up and running and won't be looking back.

Also the company I work for will never use Teamviewer now, nor will the clients I supply!

Well done Teamviewer. Well done.

Posted by VsUK
Digon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

I've been using TeamViewer for years as a free user. This software is still offered for free for personal use only. And I only use it to connect to my 3 son's computers to fix any problems they have when they're at home with their mum. It saves the yo-yo trips back n forth every time they have a problem. But I've started getting commercial use detected randomly popping up & limiting my connection to 5 minutes & then blocked for 10 after that about a year ago. 
I filled in the form & they responded, resetting my ID within a month. But it happened again & again & again. Until it happened again in Fab & I filled in the form & I am yet to receive a response. 

I'm starting to feel like they're trying to push us to buy a licence. Which if you ask me, is way over priced & I would never dream of paying that sort of money, just to connect to my childrens PC's every now & again. Until they stop offering this as a free service for personal use only. They should handle these resets in a timley mannor. No way should this take this long for a reset. And the fact that it keeps on going back to commercial use detected, even though I've not added any new PC's that I connect to, nor have 4 or 5 session windows open, the max has always been 3, due to having 3 children. I feel there's something fundimentally wrong with the way it detects. I don't think its accidental either. More deliberate. I've always recommended Teamviewer to friends who are looking for something to use personally. But I've stopped recommending this due to the blatent forced nature of trying to make you buy something they say should be free. 

Posted by JackHK
Tetragon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

Haha! You know their tricks now! But you still can use for almost 1 year before they forced you to buy the super pricy package from them!

Posted by JackHK
Tetragon

Fill in the form and wait, good luck!

@Serpiko wrote:

Posted by gift666
Henagon

Re: Commercial use alert every few weeks.. its driving me crazy.

Exactly it is ridiculous.  I have a Raspberry pi on the SAME LOCAL NETWORK so it's obviously not commercial use!  It doesn't have a monitor so I have to use teamviewer. 

I tried using the 5 minutes you get to install **Third Party Product** (alternative) and it ended after 30 seconds so they lied about that aswell.

The only way of contacting them is that form which they don't answer, and if you leave feedback with their system you get an error.

Posted by gift666
Henagon

Re: Commercial use alert every few weeks.. its driving me crazy.

I can't even use the 5 minutes to install alternatives because THEY LIED it's 10 seconds!

Its on the same local network for goodness sake, like im at work remoting into a computer right next to me!  Why can't they detect it considering local network?  Because like you say, they are forcing you to pay for it.

I'm so annoyed about it, I just need to access it to install a better alternative!

Posted by dx4
Henagon

Commercial use form problem?

It's that time of the year again where teamviewer suspects commercial use for no reason.

I filled our the form here but I didn't even recieve quotation by e-mail. Is the form working? It's been 2-3 weeks and I've never recieved a single e-mail from teamviewer support.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug in the form? Shouldn't I at least recieve a quotation by mail when I submitted the form?

Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: Commercial use form problem?

Hi @dx4 ,

thanks for your post. Welcome to the Community!

Please send me your email address, so that I can check in our system, if we received your request. 

Have a nice day :)
Alena 

Spanish Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below. You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
English Community |  Deutsche Community | 日本語コミュニティ |  中文社区 | Communauté française | Comunidad española

Posted by shay3k
Henagon

I'm having the exact same issue where TV is telling me that I am using it for commercial use yet I am using it for private use. Filled out things and STILL got no response and having issues using it. When will this be resolved?

Posted by shay3k
Henagon

Hi Alena, please check mine as well because i can tell you for a fact I am not using TV for commercial use. **please do not post personal information** I need this issue resolved.

Posted by Moderator Moderator

thanks for sending me your information @dx4 and @shay3k ,

I can confirm that we received your request and that it is still open. Our dedicated team will take care of it as soon as possible. Please be aware that we receive a lot of requests and that it takes some time.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and patience

Have a nice day, Alena

Spanish Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below. You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
English Community |  Deutsche Community | 日本語コミュニティ |  中文社区 | Communauté française | Comunidad española