Digon

Re: Just google 'Teamviewer alternatives'

@pv7721 wrote:

@stefanw1337 : you take BitCoin ? :D or Libra? :D 

Sure! :D

Posted by xCraftRayX
Electron

Commercial version, how to undo?

Hi I use TeamViewer to look what drawing my friends in gimp etc.
Why I got commercial version?

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

@stefanw1337 : funny, they didn't mind naming 3rd parties :D that were not TV, but not competitors either :D 

Posted by ant0nwax
Digon

Re: You can't open a ticket, instead look at the first post i...

I filled the form for Team Viewer Non Commercial Use because i am an IT geek and I would like Teamviewer People to get a professoinal user more with many technologies for testing.

I am waiting since 1 month for an answer to the filled form, no reaction, no scheduled timeline for a process, I say this form and the info provided by me just goes to /dev/null (Trash/Bin) name it anyhow...

Teamviewer Support Team

you have 1 day (24 hours) to fix my accounts status to Non Commercial, before I will show how you hurt my feelings with your policy

Just because I use a Domain Authentication on a FreeNAS Storage, that runs on a 12 year old server you suspect Commercial Usage, very unprofessional decision about who is professional and who is not. So I suspect Teamviewer Support ignores user requests of technically interested people and wants to claim money from people who just do this for their own hobby.

If you would offer a valid HOBBY style license for 20 EUR / year I would support your product, otherwise I will wait 24 hours from now until someone changes my accounts status to NON Commercial and if this does not happen

Teamviewer will be uninstalled on my MacOS Server, WIN10 Server, Laptop1, Laptop 2., Android Phone 1, Android Phone 2, Android Phone 3, Android TV

and all the tests and results according teamviewer I offered in the past to this support community will be deleted

And all this because Teamviewer Suspects Commercial Usage because I am authenticatingon a 12 year old Active Directory Server for Fun and my only Entertainment

Namaste

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

@ant0nwax : it has been mentioned countless time a personal license fee, either one-time only or annually, there was no reaction whatsoever from TV

Highlighted
Posted by ant0nwax
Digon

TV Support is not even reading these community threads on their own platform, they just sit with their goldchains in their big cars running Android TV cruising in the world and they run a teamviewer session to home because they dont need to pay for private license and they are not suspected of commercial use. TV could you not share us a Hobby License Key?

2 Replies
Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

@ant0nwax : oh but they do, or it's only a bot that comes and looks for 3rd parties being mentioned, like:

T

h

i

r

d

P

a

r

t

y

P

r

o

d

u

c

t

or **Third                                  Party                                        Product**

or whatever :D 

LE: Haha this must be an automated toold, it respected my original spacing! :D Too funny! :D 

Posted by Hiroya
Trigon

This matter has been solved but it is unsolved.
Let's continue to denounce until everyone is truly resolved.

Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

@pv7721 Wow, TV Gmbh has a sense of humor. Too bad they don't have a sense of responsibility too.

Posted by ant0nwax
Digon

Application Sent!
We will review your application and will contact you if it's a good match.
Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

@ant0nwax : it's too good the email notification, one receives long gone messages! :D but the eficcacity of those aforementioned is not 100%, they cannot (yet?) interpret seemingly random phrases which oh my God! do reveal something else! :D

Posted by asalt
Henagon

Still have problems with comercial use message

I receive this answer from your support team in 12 June to my problem with comercial use message that I see when use Team Viewer in one of my home computers.

At the same day I fill form for declaration of private use and send back email to mentioned mail in point 2 (form-service@teamviewer.com) but month and a half till now I haven`t received confirmation from your team and the commercial use message is still popping up.

Can you help me to resolve my problem with "commercial use message" because I have need more time for my sessions (not only 5 minutes) till message appears?

Posted by Isval56
Henagon

Free license

TeamViewer greetings.

I am a user of the free version, exclusively for private use, but lately the software is blocked because it identifies me as "Professional Use".

But I use TeamViewer only to help inexperienced internet browsing friends, or to clean their PC from residual files and uninstall programs, because they are old or very inexperienced people, they are my direct acquaintances and not strangers.

I don't have a support site and I'm not a computer scientist and I don't ask for anything for the time spent helping my friends and relatives when it happens.

So paying a license like that of TeamViewer and not even being able to recover its cost you understand that it wouldn't be right, I don't ask anyone for even 1 cent.

But it is the second time that connecting with a friend after a few seconds TeamViewer closes with the writing that I am making a professional use and it is not true.

Last time I uninstalled your beautiful program and you told me that you had checked and fixed it giving me private and non-corporate use and it seemed to have gone well.

But this problem has probably occurred again.

I repeat, I don't make professional use of it and if I can't use TeamViewer I will use Zoom which allows remote sharing or I will use Skype with the mouse using the interlocutor, or some other remote sharing program, but always free.

I can't pay a business license because I don't take any compensation for this use, I don't have a company, I am a private individual and I only do it for friendship.

Can you help me?

Thank you very much and best regards

Posted by genx4343
Henagon

Please Unblocked my account

My Account is Personal type but TeamViewer Blocked and send messages to me "my account is commercial"
Posted by myo007
Henagon

I use TeamViewer for personal but Commercial Error shown, please help

Hello, I was being using Team iewer for my personal usage have been long and never happened 5 mins issue with commercial detect asked to buy before , whenever each install Teamviewer IDs seem to changed however my ID has linked with my email address ( my login email didn't change) so this issue has linked with my email now I believe. I used to only connected to home to home network only for personal usage but when once connect to a computer of family member this month who was at work to help something online then started to happen, may be due to that receiver computer at work has detected problem by your software before but yet it is still shouldn't effect into my account which just incoming connection to that machine  and I do not use for commercial purpose at all. Please may kindly help, thanks.

Posted by mikeoxlarge
Henagon

**bleep**? commercial use???????

I recently got a popup saying that teamviewer thinks I am using the software commercially, is this a joke? I am unemployed and I help my friends out on their PERSONAL COMPUTERS when they are stuck on things, I was about to reccomend teamviewer to my sister who IS in business but not very computer literate as its a good solution with all the extra functions like remote training and so on which I have used ONCE to show her, I don't know what triggered your system but I wont be reccomending teamviewer any further as there's obviously something wrong there and I'm curious what makes you think I'm using it commercially ffs, just for clarification, I don't work, I'm mega geeky, nobody will give me a job because I am autistic however all my friends ask me to help with their PERSONAL!!! PC's when they are stuck and I make NOTHING!! other than the satisfaction of being some use at least to someone, thanks for shafting that for me, really appreciate it >:(

Posted by khyuri
Henagon

Re: I use TeamViewer for personal but Commercial Error shown, please help

And I too

@myo007 wrote:

Hello, I was being using Team iewer for my personal usage have been long and never happened 5 mins issue with commercial detect asked to buy before , whenever each install Teamviewer IDs seem to changed however my ID has linked with my email address ( my login email didn't change) so this issue has linked with my email now I believe. I used to only connected to home to home network only for personal usage but when once connect to a computer of family member this month who was at work to help something online then started to happen, may be due to that receiver computer at work has detected problem by your software before but yet it is still shouldn't effect into my account which just incoming connection to that machine  and I do not use for commercial purpose at all. Please may kindly help, thanks.

Posted by lienbacher
Henagon

"commercial use detected" keeps locking me out repeatedly despite having been approved for free use

Dear Teamviewer, 

your commercial use protection system must be a complete **bleep** up. Despite having been approved for free use twice, the second time just fricken last week I just again had the popup window regarding commercial use detected pop up again stating I have 5 minutes of connection time left and then disconnects me after 1 minute, locking me out for 10 minutes. 

I understand you wanna make sure the terms and conditions are respected. But please then respect them yourself. It takes you weeks to do the approval. You lock out people earlier than you say. What do you expect your users to think about your company? 

Please help me to be able to manage my private-use servers in a reasonable timeframe and stop locking me out of my system. Stick to what you say and don't have the system change it's mind all the time. PLEASE! 

this is really not funny in any way :( 

Posted by Neilft
Henagon

personal use

was using for personal use now for the last three months teamviewer claims used for commercial use, it wasnt and never has been, tried emailing loads of times i got one reply stating it had been reviewed and i could use it again which wasnt true . is there anything i can do ?

Posted by damborik
Photon

Re: personal use

The same for me
Posted by NTN
Henagon

Re: "commercial use detected" keeps locking me out repeatedly despite having been approved for free use

I have now been locked out from my PHONE??? Dont know how do You guys detect commercial usage but it is as bad as it gets...

Posted by ShafC
Electron

Re: TeamViewer showed me a message "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session durat

Same here, im getting commercial use suspected, and it keeps dropping connection opening there website for me to pay.  i have a few machines in the house, Probably use like a couple times in the month. but this is getting annoying. i have been in touch with teamviewer over the last few months, but no help, just keep putting me through to the business side. 

Is there any free software similiar to this, that dont try to force you to stupid business rates for software that is being used for personel home use.

Posted by toremf
Trigon

Re: TeamViewer showed me a message "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session durat

Let us get it right. TeemViers leadership with the filthy rich individuals CEO Andreas König and our CMO Stefan Prestele never get enoiugh. They have seen too many Wallstreet movies and think "Greed is good". Not only that, they think "Greed is God". They completely ruined a good product, by trying to **bleep** the 2 bill. customer base to the max.

I have uninstalled all Temaviewer products from all my computers. I tried **Third Party Product**, but it didn't work properly so I used **Third Party Product**, free, fast and easy to install use. You do it too.

Anyone believs this **bleep**?

TeamViewerNonsense2.jpg

Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

I just did a google search for two of the alternatives mentionedin @toremf 's post that didn't get censored yet. In both cases, Teamviewer came up as the #1 result because they paid for an advertisement. The alternatives that I was actually searching for came up as the second result because they didn't pay for an ad. I guess this helps to explain why Teamviewer is trying squeeze professional license fees from personal users, to pay for the ads.

Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

Here's an interesting twist. I had been getting a gentle warning every time i connected to my downstairs TV (television) PC. They suspected commercial use. I did a number of tests to determine that it was that PC that was flagged and not any other of my other PCs.

Today, the gentle warning was upgraded to a full threat. See the attached two screenshots from two separate connection sessions below. Both informed me that my session would time out in five or an unspecified number of minutes. Yet the sessions were not terminated. And I waited at least fifteen minutes. Two years ago when I was hit by this problem, they told me five minutes but actually only gave me thirty seconds. Notice too the second image now says they know I'm using TV commercially instead of it just seeming so (but still threatening to cut off the session).

I also had been getting requests to upgrade the TV PC TV to the latest version. So I decided to do so now and after I did, I stopped getting messages about commercial use whenever I connected. I tested thta three or four times and no message.

Interesting. So does the commercial use detection algorithm include a check for old versions? How does that make it commercial?

Screenshot 2019-07-29 12.35.04.pngScreenshot 2019-07-29 12.46.28.png

Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

I've posted two messages today. they are not showing up? have they been censored? neither was offensive nor broke any rules.

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

@toremf : even bots are sleeping during the night! :D Your message still standed intact when I arrived and read it this morning! :D 

Posted by speedreach
Henagon

Session timeout after few seconds (no "commercial use" issue)

Hi,

I have read all threads about session timeout so here is to clarify:

- the timeout doesn't happen after 5mins, but much, much less. More like 30 seconds
- I need to wait 10 minutes before I can log in again
- I do NOT get a message about commercial use! It says (translated from German): "Connection is locked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session duration. New connections will be blocked. Please try again later or upgrade your license. Connections to this partner are blocked until [t+10min]"
- I get this on any of my PCs. All PCs are Win10 latest update and latest Teamviewer version (14.xyz)
- I do use TV on different platforms, but I haven't tried if the Linux version behaves the same or not, hence I've only added the Windows label to this.

This makes the free Teamviewer version totally useless. They could as well abandon the free version (30 seconds!! Come on!) Please let me know if this is a temporary glitch, or if I have to move on to a different software. Thanks.

Posted by keyreel
Digon

I'm tired to be suspected. I'm a musician. I don't do anything commercially with TV

I'm an old user of TV. I'm helping my parents and couple friends remotely from time to time. I'm really sad to see TV management don't care about free users anymore. It is so sad to see this happening. Suspecting me in commercial usage.

I mean yes I have multiple devices Desktop, laptop, iPhone, iPad and yes, ocasionaly traveling, who doesn't?

It is not fair to put a sign it is FREE for personal use. Cause it eminds me a jail or concentration camp - step right, step left - shoot! Scary!

I'm finally arrived to my parents house which was like 6000 miles away. Updated OS, updated TV to TV14. And?

I'm probably done here. Will look for External IP option for my parents probably and will use built-in options of Remote acess. And also will not recommend this product anymore to anyone. Really dissapointed. "Thank you" new Teamviewer team!

freepersonaluse, free, freedom, fakestatement

Posted by paparoup
Henagon

Commercial Use Detected

Hello everyone,

It's been more than 1 1/2 months trying to get my ID unblocked. After explaining that i'm using TeamViewer only for connecting to my home PC form a public open space and not used for any commericial use, i received two email letting me know that my ID was unblocked after reviewing my request. But i still keep getting the Commercial message , can someone help? Should i do any action after i got those emails cause i guess it was a whitelisting from TeamViewer and no action is needed form my side

Thanks in advance

Posted by jamaln8
Henagon

Re: Commercial Use Detected

Me too experiencing the same issue..anybody knows the fix.please help.........

Posted by glnz
Tetragon

Same here, starting today also.  Cannot find a way to submit a ticket either.  TV fixed this last time, maybe two years ago.- they asked for logs, I sent them and they reset me to Free.  But not today.  Hope this isn't the end.

Posted by 03buecoupe
Trigon

Same here starting this morning (07/29) - no way am I a commercial customer. It won't let me open a ticket because I don't have an actual license..... I think we're all now in a state of limbo....

Posted by 03buecoupe
Trigon

paparoup,   You have a contact email address for TV?!?!? Care to share it? I'd like to send them a note as well.

Thanks

Posted by paparoup
Henagon

Hi 03buecoupe, sorry but i don't have an email address for TV

Thanks

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Dear TeamViewer User,

hey, on friday i got an Mail from TV. i will send the Form this week. I will keep you up-to-date.

Have Fun ;-)

-------------------------

Dear TeamViewer User,

Thank you for your request regarding being unblocked from using the free version of TeamViewer. After reviewing the information provided to us, we were unable to confirm that the submitted ID is being used privately.

Requiring commercial users to purchase a license is also part of our effort to maintain the free version, and to therefore make help accessible to everyone. The free version is for people who are using it to help family and friends.

To continue using TeamViewer, there are two options for you to consider:

1) We encourage you to purchase a license that fits your needs: https://www.teamviewer.com/pricing

If you need help finding the perfect license, our sales team will be happy to assist you personally: +49 (0)7161 60692 50

2) THIS FORM (link deleted - Form is on my ID) is a declaration of private use that needs to be printed, signed personally and sent back to us to the following email address [email address removed  by moderator- requests not associated with an already-submitted ticket and already in-process will not be accepted]

When you return this to us, we will review your response confirming your declaration of private use and use this to determine whether we can re-enable your use of TeamViewer.

For more information regarding the commercial use of the free version of TeamViewer, please refer to our community statement: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-...

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Your TeamViewer Team

TV.jpg

Posted by bendx
Neutron

Re: Dear TeamViewer User,

Wow $50/mnth for one connection what a rip off! I used to use it a lot up till today, 5 family members requiring assistance occasinally plus I use it to control my other home computers instead of flipping the monitor and keyboard back and forth. Good program but not interested in filling out forms or paying **Please do not discuss price**. I would've sprung for **Please do not discuss price** just to get rid of the nag and not have to reinstall another remote control everywhere. **Third Party Product** will be fine thanks though for forcing me to waste a bunch of time. Sorry I ever switched to TV and told people how good it is.

...Not to mention how concerning it is, from a privacy point of view, to know TV is collecting and processing data to make such a judgement.

Posted by MaGiiK
Henagon

Team Viewer Commercial Use

I have been using TeamViewer for a year or so now. I had an issue about 6-12 months back complaining that I was using TeamViewer for commercial use... After looking at my connection history, the support team made me sign and send a form saying something along the lines that I assure I am not using TeamViewer commercially. I filled out the form, and after a week I was good to go to connect to my other PC again. The time has come yet again where I am getting the We Believe Team Viewer Is Being User Commercially prompt, and closes my connection after about 2 minutes. 

How do I use TeamViewer:

I use it to connect to 1 PC on that's on my home network when I am at home, or sometimes I will connect to the PC remotly using the TeamViewer app. 

What I don't use TeamViewer for:

I don't have an association with TeamViewer connecting to any buisness, or doing an I.T. related issue for other people.

I don't use TeamViewer to earn a profit.

I don't use TeamViewer as an addon to anything I sell... nor do I sell anything.

If a moderator wants to contact me, I will be more than happy to send all the needed files and discuss further how I use TeamViewer. I will also sign another one of those Personal Usage Forms if needed. These 2 minute connections, then 15 minutes in between is killing me.

Posted by LivingBeaverton
Photon

Re: Team Viewer Commercial Use

I would also like to find out how to get that form and connect to my home PC from Home and while I am at work. I also don't use it for anything other than connecting to my home computer. Not used for profit or commercial use in any way.

Posted by tonstartsbandht
Henagon

i have encountered the same problem today as well. i have been using it to access my home computer and all of a sudden my connection terminated because commercial use was detected

Posted by jasonn
Neutron

This is effecting me too.

I'd start by filling out their form here :https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

Hopefully they just changed something stupid and fix it quickly, but their FAQ says to fill out that form to get you working again.

Posted by KQRR4449
Digon

I am getting the false commerical use message again. I had the same problem in 2016. The ticket number at that time was #2765304 and this got fixed quickly.

I am retired and have been unable to walk unaided since 2006. I have used TeamViewer for several years to access the computers in my home. I also use TeamViewer to access my families’ computers. I have NEVER used it commercially and have NEVER earned any money using TeamViewer. I have reread your non‑commercial requirements and I clearly meet these requirements.

Let me be very clear. I have NEVER used TeamViewer commercially and have NEVER earned any money using TeamViewer.

I hope we can fix this situation quickly.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Kenneth West

[email removed by moderator]

Posted by dgarnsey
Henagon

I also use TV to connect to my PC at home from work. 

I am receiving commercial use messages and getting cut off today.

Posted by MaGiiK
Henagon

As I mentioned prior, I already filled out the form. I also sent a support email to them. This was all about a year or so ago, when this problem happened the first time. Now it's happening again and nothing has changed on my end.

Posted by Anthony2816
Henagon

Since this is suddenly happening to many people, I suspect it's a bug at Teamviewer's end. 

The timing of this bug is probably my fault, as I'm about to go on vacation for a couple of weeks, and was relying on Teamviewer to access my home computer while gone. Guess that won't be happening...

Posted by nairb
Electron

If anyone from teamviewer can get me that form I would be very thankfull.  Longterm user got this and I in no way am commercial, make/sell products.

I suspect me adding a PC and troubleshooting VPN slow connection caused mine as did thin in last 24-48 hour's. Or could be amount of time connected to my media pc.   I'm just hoping they can see mine are all on the same local network.

Posted by jt_lefebvre
Photon

Re: Long term user today got teamviewer "suspected commercial use"

I am also experiencing issues with this. I've absolutely NOT used this for commercial use and now I'm unable to remote into my home computers while I'm away. Please fix this. No, I'm not going to buy your software, I'll simply use something else. 

Thank you

Posted by claytone
Digon

The "commerical use" bug bit me today. I found the two similar but different forms below. I was finally able to submit the second one using the numeric TeamViewer id (### ### ###) in the device ID field. The first one asked for "TeamViewer ID", but didn't like the TeamViewer user ID I submitted. The second also asked for a log file, so I sent the latest one along. I'm not going to hold my breath, since the form says "answering your request may take up to 30 days".

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/

Posted by andre10_manole
Henagon

I also have this problem, can somebody solve this please?

Posted by claytone
Digon

Yes, I'm going to look around for a new product.I really can't justify spending [the price has been removed as per the community guidelines.] when for the most part I could just get up, go upstairs, and sit down at the other computer.

I found there are actually two similar pages for arguing your case, links are below. I got the second one to work by including the numeric device id (### ### ###) in the device ID field. This form also requires submitting a TeamViewer log file, which I did.

The "commercial use suspected" form asked for a  "TeamViewer ID",  and wanted the numbers as well. This doesn't make much sense, since the numbers identify a particular computer. I now have two blocked computers, I'd like to get them unblocked at the same time.

The two forms actually have different purposes, The first one talks about the commerical use messages we've been seeing, and promises a response in 7 days. The second one talks about an expired trial period, something to do with the options selected when installing TeamViewer, and says a response may take up to 30 days.

I've now submitted both forms, so we'll see what happens.I really thought the second form was just a different version of the first, but failed to read carefully, due to frustration over trying to figure out what the first form wanted.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification