Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• SteveP666
    SteveP666 Posts: 8

@CodySp wrote:

Whatever, we had a good run TeamViewer. Too many good alternatives these days to keep getting hit with this **bleep**.

What are some alternatives?

Yes, good while it lasted.  I used it in China last year.  It poked thru' "the great firewall" so I was able to access my PC.  If they had a reasonable fee for personal use, I would gladly pay it.  Has been a really great service.

• SteveP666

@claytone wrote:

@SteveP666 wrote:

@MaGiiK wrote:

I filled out the form, and after a week I was good to go to connect to my other PC again.

Do you happen to know what goes in the Affected TeamViewer ID field in the form?

It's looking for the numeric ID (### ### ###) of one of your machines.

Kind of odd, you think it would want your screen name or email, which would cover all your machines.

Just for reference, here's the form again:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

Thanks!

• I just accessed my home computer from my cell phone and received the commercial use prompt.

• SteveP666

@Clanks wrote:

i got booted out today but only on one of my computers. and its the one i absolutely need it on because i have no monitor hooked up to it. i think mine got triggered because i just got a brand new macbook so because i have 3 computers on the same account, plus my phone, it probably thinks im using it for commerial purposes

super annoying, please fix

Only one of mine got blocked also.

• ed111
    ed111 Posts: 2

so Teamviewer .. when will this be fixed...??

a new one.. I kept bypassing the Commercial warning to get by.. but now it is locking me out for a specific amount of time???

come on guys.. write proper code

PS  I am not, nor ever, used this for commercial use. 

• I am having the same issue with getting the commercial use message and getting locked out of the computer in under 5 minutes and then not letting me back in again until a specific time.  Why is this happening all of a sudden?  I am not using this for commercial use.  Nor have I.  When will this be fixed.

• Glassdub
    Glassdub Posts: 79 ✭✭

Yeah, started this **bleep** again blocking  SUSPECTED business usage just because I used a PC at work, for PERSONAL reasons to connect to my home PC, pain in the **bleep**.

• Glassdub

Even my PERSONAL laptop is now detected as COMMERCIAL, using the guest WiFi network at work, so what the **bleep** is personal any more? This is crazy, worthless...

• sornord
    sornord Posts: 16

Same here.  Used it on my tablet to access a pc in another room in my house earlier this evening.  Now accessing that same computer from the same tablet gets the "commercial use detected" prompt.  And despite using TV  with no problem from this same tablet for a few weeks, just now it changed to an "untrusted" device.  Went through this with TV a year or two ago and eventually was deemed a free license compliant user, which I am.  Use it to access computers on my home network remotely and from room to room and, occasionally, my mom's remotely at her home about 375 miles away.  Never any commercial use.  The only difference between then and now are replacement cell phones obtained a few weeks ago.  Must be new "management."

• forrp
    forrp Posts: 1

argh, teamviewer even hassled me leaving a comment.

Love Hate relationship is much more hate these days.

Come up with a price for family use.  Teamviewer free for family use is german **bleep**.

• xbee2
    xbee2 Posts: 17

I've been told straight up by TeamViewer connecting from work environment, will be considered Commercial, no matter what the use.

But me being locked out again WITHOUT using it in the work environment, because I work from home, without VPN either btw, so it's 100% home network. Just remoting to my sister's PC at her home, to help with PC issues, and a friend's - and now I'm getting the messages again.

• Glassdub

"I've been told straight up by TeamViewer connecting from work environment, will be considered Commercial, no matter what the use."

Well this is not in the TOS & renders it absolutely worthless BTW.

• Damian777
    Damian777 Posts: 3

Is there a form that I should fill out? Can you send me a link ?

Thanks

• sornord

I retired seven years ago so not using it now, nor ever used it commercially.  On rare occasions I remote to my home network while traveling or from an MD's waiting room.  Nearly all my use is room to room at home between my tablet and one of a few PCs around the house.  Got the commercial access **bleep** doing just that tonight. 

• ed111
    ed111 Posts: 2

ADDITIONALLY .. some have used different computers to access..so there might be thinking that the software is being "confused".. by different systems

Well I only use ONE laptop to access ONE desktop at home.. yes from 2 locations but..

**bleep** .. thats what it is supposed to do..

fix it

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

@ed111 : I guess that they would have had it fixed by now, if they had wanted. Obviously, this is not what's intended. 

• it_gramma
    it_gramma Posts: 2

Same here. I was attempting to assist my 82 year old aunt, with her email issue, received the commercial use detected message, and was promptly disconnected.  Unable to direct her over the phone, I ended the conversation and just to test, I attempted to connect to my husband's laptop.  I received a message prompting me to subscribe to paid version and was promply disconnected from his computer as well.

I have used the free version of TV since 2014 and have not, to my knowledge, violated the agreement term for the free version. I have not been notified by email of any changes to the terms of the free for personal use agreement. And, if our free use is using up to many resources, I have not received notification of a discontinuation of the free for personal use version so that I can make other arrangements. I am unwilling to bill my family members for the price of the single user commercial version and there is no pricing for a personal/family use version even offered. 

I have submitted Feedback and a ticket requesting reinstatement of my access via my free use license.  However, after reading this discussion board, it seems that my time is better spent looking at other alternatives if I am to continue to assist family members that are scattered across the country.

• Glassdub
    edited March 2021

This is the last straw, I moved to **bleep** this company I hope they fold.

• NHarvey
    NHarvey Posts: 1

I'm also having this problem. Very strange because there's been no changes to my account. I use Teamviewer on 2 PCs (same network) and my Synology NAS. 

• Looks like I am not the only one who is suddenly experiencing this problem. Went to connect to my personal desktop today and got the commercial use message, was not sure if it was because I was using my work laptop to connect to the personal desktop, so tried with a personal laptop, same error. 

Here's hoping it gets fixed soon, in the meantime I will be looking at alternative options.

• Glassdub

"fix it"? They won't, its best to just move onto other options this company is worthless.

• sornord

I get it that using TV to manage servers is considered commercial use.  In my situation, however (as I said the last time I got all these commercial use pop-ups) I have a DVR or high-end audio-equipped computer attached to every TV in the house.  TV is on each for troubleshooting and file transfers (media files mostly).  There are media servers on these computers that allow media recorded on one DVR to be viewed on another in the house (or if that doesn't work, the AV file is simply transferred to wherever needed for playback.)

Have NEVER used TV in a commercial context, and was already unlocked a year or two ago.  A piece of hardware may have changed (new tablet, phone, etc.) but that's the only event that's happened since then.

• idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 10 ✭✭

Ok, so last week i recieved a message and i was all happy that finally, someone at teamviewer was doing their job. The message asked for some info correction, and i replied. That was 5 days ago and nothing.

So i just filled out my 4'th form.

Honestly, i do not think teamviewer actually wants to fix their issues, i do not think they care even the slightest. [removed per Community Guidelines]

• Glassdub

"Honestly, i do not think teamviewer actually wants to fix their issues, i do not think they care even the slightest. Doing a simple google search for alternatives reveals there's several, all doing the job equally as well as teamviewer. Maybe that's the path people should take over wasting their time and energy with this."

Yeah, I have done so, I just want to flog the dead horse a few more time to spite them...

• IN the same boat as others on this thread and the other louder thread on the topic.  Hopefully the number of recent issues points to a bug vs. a change in policy.  Frustrating as this is, TV is a commercial company, and they don't make money on free users unless we influence purchases by others, so if they've decided they can no longer afford to support 'free', its a shame but its their product.  

• dknappert
    dknappert Posts: 1

Same problem as many people here, team viewer detected that I'm using it for commercial purposes. I do have several computers saved and use it often on new computers. I'm an  IT guy but I don't use team access for that. I help many friends, family members and 2 small non-profits for free. I never use it for my job (they have their own program) and I never use it for profit. But because of the functionality, I have recommended TeamViewer to people who have purchased it for commercial use. So it's frustrating to see this now becoming an issue. IG i'll be looking for another free software

• LMVA
    LMVA Posts: 1

How do I reach out to the moderators?  I don't see a way to get this resolved.  I use Teamviewer between my two computers, and to access the computer at my church, so that I don't have to go over there every time I need to do something.  I've used Team Viewer this way for years.  Now it thinks I'm using it commercially.

• Anthony7
    Anthony7 Posts: 1

I am having a very similar issue. I never use this for work purposes. I will connect from my work computer or my cell phone app  to work on school work  that is saved to my home computer  when I have free time at work, or started a Steam download so it would be done when I get home. I have also used this program to assist my mother with PC issues as I am not always availible locally to work on  her PC locally. However latley I connect to my remote computer and I am told that the connection has been flagged as commercial use and unless I  purchase a license my connection will be terminated in five minutes, but the connection closes after about  45 seconds and then places a 10 minute cooldown period before i can reconnect.

Would like contact support about this issue but cannot find a link to send them a message and I dont feel like being "brow beaten" by a person trying to make a sale $600 bucks a year.

• lopesajo
    lopesajo Posts: 1

I am having this same problem. I use TW only to access a single PC, which is at the University where I do my PhD. I use TW only for academic purposes - scientific research - and I can't even 30 seconds of continuous access.