Announcements

Shape the future of TeamViewer with our Product Team. Click here to join!

Posted by kfsutops
Trigon

Re: 5 minute Limit

I tried **Third Party Product** and I like the option but I had once problem. You had to be on the remote computer to accept the request or give a request number (Can't remember the specifics). 

I may have been doing something wrong but that was my impression. I am using the softwared to contact a remote computer on my network in another room. 

As of today, TV still hasn't responded to any of my requests to fix this commercial joke.

Posted by jwfuhr
Henagon

Re: Commercial Usage

I have signed a Teamviewer statement concerning commercial use stating that I only use Teamviewer to access my laptops at my summer and winter places. I monitor my heating and cooling systems and security systems. I have talked to your support people about this and they told me not to worry about the emails from Teamviewer stating I am using it for commercial use. Now Teamviewer will not even work as it kicks me out stating it is being used for commectial use. I am SUPER disappointed!!! I guess I will have to start using a different remote access program as you are leaving me with no alternitive.

Posted by tjhall1000
Digon

you are rich enough to own summer and winter places? and you dont just buy their service lol. thats like a smack in the face to them i bet

Posted by Klas
Photon

Personal usage

Hi,

My teamviewer says that it suspects that I have a Commercial connection and its not. How can I get this to disapear. I only connects between my own laptop and Stationary Computers

Posted by WB4IUY
Trigon

Re: No response to free use/Commercial Use.

@QuietDad wrote:

That would be fine if someone actually replied to the form that says you try an resolve things in 7 days. It's been a month or longer now and nothing.

Been monthS here, many times I've sent it in, still nothing.

Dave

Posted by WB4IUY
Trigon

@tjhall1000 wrote:

im still having this issue as well. i contacted support and they told me they fixed my account by marking it as free again, but i still get told commercial use is detected. so im stuck having to contact support again....super sad

How do you conact support and actually get a resonse??

Posted by mikee
Trigon

Trial expired with only a free account.

One of my home computers with TeamViewer stopped working saying the trial has expired and I had to get a license. I never did a trial and I did install it correctly for Personal Non Commercial use only, but here it is. This is the same machine that somehow switched to insider builds a couple months ago, so I don't know what bugs it might have. I do know of the official instructions found Here, but I did install correctly.

I installed TV, but kept the settings. When I reinstalled, the installer defaulted to Personal Non-Commercial Use confirming that it was installed correctly, but it still said trial expired when I tried to connect.

Then I uninstalled one more time, but this time used the remove settings check box.

When reinstalling, I had to select Personal Non Commercial Use, and the install went smooth. And this time it works normally as Free with no indications of a trial.

I am trying to figure out what happened. I never did a trial, just like I never changed to insider builds. Will my TV start saying that my trial expired in 30 days or less and can I prevent it?

Posted by Technut
Trigon

@gerrym52 wrote:

Submitting the 'form' is no longer the correct process.   Their email states basically.. .this forum is now how such issues are resolved.    Here is what they sent to me.

----------------------------------------------

Dear TeamViewer Customer,

We are continuously working to optimize the way we handle your requests.

Which is why we have discontinued the usage of the support email address: support@teamviewer.com We now have a form on our website, solely dedicated to handling all your requests: www.teamviewer.com/support Please use this form for any future request to TeamViewer.

For readily available tips and ongoing expert discussions on TeamViewer-related issues, please join us on our community https://community.teamviewer.com and be part of the global TeamViewer Community.

Thanks for understanding.

Your TeamViewer Support Team

•  

@gerrym52 you have misunderstood their email to you. They are NOT telling you to use the community FORUM. They are saying you must use the FORM to get a reset.

https://www.teamviewer.com/reset

They have explained that we can no longer submit a support ticket or use the support email address to get a reset.

In the first post in this thread they explain the proper procedure. It also explicitly says:

Hint: Please be aware that this is NOT an issue that can be resolved in the community. Posting messages about commercial usage will not help to get the reset. For getting a reset you need to fill out the form.

I just wanted to correct the record because it's not helpful for you to post that people should submit their requests here on the community FORUM. That is not going to get them reset.

I'm not claiming that the proper procedure of using the FORM works all the time, or that they'll even respond to it. But the FORM is still the correct procedure.

https://www.teamviewer.com/reset

Kse Dyna --
Posted by eddieyjones
Henagon

Presentations close in about a minute

I am using TeamViewer 14 to remotely tutor my son on his engineering classes . My presentations stay open for less than a minute and gives me a window stating "team viewer session has timed out and will now close". I checked "extras-options-advanced' and set the "timing out inactive session" setting to 0 and later 8 hours but it still closes. What could be causing this?

Thanks!

Posted by gerrym52
Digon

Thank you for setting me straight.  Yep, misread the response I received.   Would like to delete that post because it is NOT correct but don't seem to see a way to do that.     My apologies.   I'll see if I can find a way to delete it.   

Posted by mdboxberger
Digon

What a fiasco is this how you treat your paying customers as well Grace period

'Guilty until proven innocent' - seems to be the approach for Teamviewer with regard to the recent 'policy' of blocking use because of 'commercial use' -- as best I can tell just accessing my home machine from my work network, since I'm not doing anything commercial with it.

'Bait & switch' is another term that comes to mind -- I start using the product to occasionally access my home PC, and one day I'm shut off unilaterally.

How about a 30 day 'grace period' for personal users to fill out a form, or have our use audited before shutting off your tool? 

Posted by mabrams
Photon

Re: Teamviewer usage on university

I am using my student email, and it still detected my use as "commercial" after forcing the upgrade to the newest version.

Posted by Schapirolisa
Electron

Teamviewer is booting me off the system saying I'm a commercial user when I'm a private user

I have only ever used Teamviewer for private use and never for commercial use. My account says my licence is free and there is no indication that my account is a commercial one. Yet when I try use teamviewer after 5 minutes it boots me off saying that commercial users can only use a session for 5 minutes. I am not a commercial user. Please, can I receive support to do something that I can freely use teamviewer as I have in the past for a session without getting booted off after 5 minutes? Thanks, Lisa
Posted by gorsoun
Henagon

Limits the session for non-commercial use

Hello.

I have been using TeeamViewer for a long time to help relatives with their computers remotely.
For almost a month now, TeeamViewer has been interrupting my session, although I use it for non-commercial purposes.
How can i change this? I do not have time to help anyone a few minutes before the session is interrupted.

Regards,
Gorsoun Robert

Posted by amsterford
Henagon

Commercial Use Detected

Hello!
This summer I already have contacted you for helping me with this annoing restriction. Now problem is back. I try to connect to my work computer – and this dialog box appears saying 'Commercial Use Detected'. Please help me with that.

User: Amsterford

Posted by Steve-in-FL
Trigon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially! FORM WORKED!

(See EDITs, below)

FORM WORKED! Problem solved for me. I hope the following will help someone.

I use TeamViewer Free in a non-commercial manner, just to connect to friends and family. I was getting the "suspected commercial use" pop-ups and followed the directions to submit a form for each ID I connect to. I submitted one form for each ID with an explanation that the 13 IDs are all non-commercial, friends and family. Same text on each form, listing all the IDs, but each form was entered for one of the 13 IDs.

A few days later, I tried to connect from one ID to each of the other 12 of my contacts. It worked for 11 of them. I resubmitted the form for the one that got the pop-up.

I never received any confirmation from TeamViewer, but I now do not get any pop-ups and I do not have the 5-minute limit. (I just tested and had a connection up for 8 minutes and was not disconnected.) So the process appears to be working.

Your mileage may vary, but the process worked for me.

-------------------------------

EDIT: 09-17-2019 ~13:30 - Spoke too soon. One machine gets commercial use message and refuses to connect for a period of time. I resubmitted the form and I will keep this post current. 

EDIT 09-17-2019 15:41 - All fixed. For about an hour I could not connect in consecutive sessions. I got a timeout period between session attempts to that machine. I did get logged on, finally, and stayed on for 45 minutes without interruption. When I tried again, I was connected, but it also sent me to a web page to buy a license. I tried again and, at this moment, I can connect with consecutive sessions and do not get sent to any web site. Did they act on my form submission so quickly? Is the problem fixed? It appears so.

EDIT 09-18-2019 09:55 - Back to being blocked for that one ID. I tried this morning, got the Commercial Use pop-up, then connected. Then on subsequent attempts, I get the "can't connect until xx:xx time" (about 6 minutes) message. All other IDs work perfectly. Not sure why that one ID seems to be hard to fix. I will not submit a new form for the next few days to see if this clears.

Posted by Soccerdu25
Henagon

Flagged for Commercial Use

Recently flagged for using the software commercially. I have teamviewer installed on 3 computers, all mine. I have logged in with my account on each to remote access throughout the day. I only connect every couple of days for a few minutes at a time. 

How can I get this flag removed? I now can only connect for 1 minute every 12 minutes.

Posted by mssalem77
Neutron

Re: Flagged for Commercial Use

The same exact thing has happened to me!

Posted by randypetersen
Henagon

Commercial Use - Only Friends and Family - No reasonably priced offering

Trying to help my Grandmother make a card on her computer. So painful to try and help her over the phone. Teamviewer helped out so much being able to see her screen and help her. So much that I got it installed on my friends and aunt/uncles computers. 12 computers in total. 

Now I can connect to my Grandmothers machine for like 5 seconds before I get booted off for 20minutes, and I am not exaggerating, it's not 30seconds, it's 5 seconds. 

Now, I know I could go to a different free service, but I'd prefer to just keep using teamviewer since it's all installed and ready to go. I am not opposed to paying some money to be able to use the service to connect to my friends and family. However, I can't afford $50/mo to help them out once every few days... Do they have a plan that's $20/year that is for non-commercial usage? Maybe not so many features? 

Any advice? 

Posted by ilikethat44
Henagon

Re: Commercial Use - Only Friends and Family - We should consider Class Action

I am wondering how many people over the last couple of month expirienced the disconnects and the claim you are using the program comercially. Lets give credit to the company that they created a good product and ther commitment for none comercial fee usage. Thats said there is 2 reasons so many people complain, either your programmers **bleep** and cant detect comercial usage reliable or your marketing department decided it is worth **bleep**ing of the free usesers if you can convert 10% of them to paying customers. Neither is an acceptable practice. As they will ignore or brush people off who complain the best way is to force the issue. If you feel that you are wrongly prohibited from using the non comercial version, reply to this treat and if we have enough intrest we can look for a law firm who likes to take on class action cases. The profit they made from converting those free users will be gone faster then they think. 

Posted by Grilledcheese92
Electron

Re: Commercial Use - Only Friends and Family - We should consider Class Action

Yeah, Im leaving. I cant stand this. I use teamviewer to shut off my pc's and do updates on them. Im not going to pay for this. The way im using teamviewer, IS NOT COMMERCIAL. SEE YA! 

Posted by Zat4
Proton

Re: personal use HOW?

Have also used for years.  Have submitted forms & logs to 'certify' non compercial use a couple times.  I use it solely to access a couple of PC's that push CWOP (Citizen Weather Observer Program - operative word "Civilian") weather data to the web from our residence and a cottage a couple states away.  Oh and to support my wife and her home computer.  Was fine a week ago, but now get connections shut down after a minute.  If I wasn't sketchy last week (and twice TeamViewer verified personal user), why am I starting this morning?  Love the product, but enough is soon to be enough...

Posted by Steve-in-FL
Trigon

I am as frustrated as anyone with the situation, but I have had success in filling in and submitting the forms noted on page one of this subject. If you have not tried the form, I suggest you do so. I have 13 IDs that I use - some are local on my home LAN and some are in friends' homes, reached via the Internet. I submitted a form for each ID and 12 of the 13 are working correctly. The 13th has been an on and off issue. See my post, below (search for FORM WORKED!), for more details and EDITs as the situation changes.

To those looking for an alternative product, I have no specific recommendations, but I did a comparison and found most of the competitors are lacking in features that TeamViewer Free has (contact list, notification of logon, for examples). For that reason, I will not change unless TeamViewer becomes completely unusable for me.

Good luck!

Posted by mikee
Trigon

It happened again. I have a computer that switched to insider builds (on its own and then said trial has expired) When I did a full settings uninsall and reinsall everything was normal. But today once again it is on Insider and trial has expired even though it says free in the interface. What is going on and how to stop it?

TeamViewerInsiderVersion.png

Highlighted
Posted by Owls21
Photon

Asking for commercial license

Hello. I only use TeamViewer for personal use. It is now telling my that it has detected business use, and that I need a commercial license. How can I fix this?
7 Replies
Posted by Rykros
Electron

Re: Asking for commercial license

Same here. How can we fix it?

Posted by phoenixop
Photon

Connection Blocked After Timeout

Just this morning, I am receiving the following in a dialog box.

Connection blocked after timeout

Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license.

Connections to this partner will be blocked until (time shows here)

What is going on. I have a free license and have been helping my girlfriend with her computer and phone. Have not had this problem until this morning.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Posted by peacefulcheast
Henagon

Re: Connection Blocked After Timeout

I have used TeamViewer to access my phone from my school which is at a remote location for personal use, and it has worked just fine up till this point. Yesterday it began thinking I was using TeamViewer in a commercial enviroment, and now times me out after 5 minutes, and makes me wait 10 minutes before re-establishing the connection. I hope this can be fixed.

Posted by lagolad
Electron

Re: This is redicilous: TV thinks I am using commercially, and offers no way to appeal.

I am having this same problem as of this morning. I'm using TV from work but TO my home, with only a few computers listed on my account. Please fix this. I stopped using TV a while ago when the site was breached and only started using it again recently. Would hate to have to find another solution.

Posted by Sharv
Electron

If Teamviewer is detecting your use as commercial, and you're actually only using it for personal reasons, you need to fill out their form here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

Then hope they get back to you in a reasonable time and believe you.

Posted by lagolad
Electron

Yeah, I've done so, but this is stupid. I'm looking for a replacement.

Posted by Sharv
Electron

Agreed, and same.

Posted by edawen
Digon

I wonder if I tripped a security mechanism or something because I think I fell asleep waiting for it to something. In anycase It's not like I do much with TV, mostly It's to maintain mom's PC. She has problems getting the telephone on and off of loudspeaker so the computer can be a bit of a challenge for the luddite in her.

[removed per community guidelines - Sales/Solicitation policy]

Thanks.

Posted by Valorian
Henagon

Team viewer thinks im using the product commercially

I only ever use teamveiwer for my own personal use. and this website just keeps redirecting me in circles not letting me send a ticket and just taking me here. so im making this post in hopes of getting my account unflagged, because its extemely annoying 

Posted by genekornegay
Henagon

Suspected Commercial Use

I'm a free user for 3-4 years.  Recentlly, I started getting the 'suspected commercial use' popup and after a sort use, the system timed me out and went into a 10-15 minite hold.

Have submitted request to unblock followed by a completed and signed 'Declaration of Private Use" on 9/10/19 to which there is no response.from Teamviewer or the Community.

My use is personal to remotely access my main desktop and occassionally to assist family members and a few friend.

What can I do as it seems I am being ignored and maybe this is Teamviewer's way of pushiing away 'free users'>

GeneKorn
Posted by Johnhoward28
Trigon

Using the new "Quick Support" app got me blocked for "Commercial use". Good grief!

After years of using teamviewer to help my elderly parents with PC problems, I started using the QucikSupport app last week to help them with their Android smartphones.  Now my account is blocked for "Commercial Use" after a single use of the QuickSupport app. 

Just be warned, people.  You use the QuickSupport app, you lose your free license. 

Posted by cevat
Henagon

About commercial usage

The software said I'm using it in commercial.
Actually I using it for games, can anyone please help?
Posted by peatey
Neutron

Re: About commercial usage

Everyone should file an FTC complaint here: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/GettingStarted#crnt

TeamViewer is claiming to be offering a free personal license, but based on the volume of comments here, they are no longer actually doing so. They are not responding to requests to fix the problem, and just leaving everyone high or dry.

File a complaint with the FTC - I did, and will continue working to resolve this issue.

Posted by steven_oharra
Digon

Re: Your trial period has expired!

Your form does NOT work. I have been trying to resolve this issue with Tech Support for MONTHs now (and yes, I filled out the form, emailed it, and got confirmation the account was reset  (BUT over a month after that email, the account continues to be frozen with the same commercial use suspected. Useless support. This product is CLEARLY not free.

I ONLY use it to access my home machines within my internal home network.

Never for business use and only for helping my daughter once every couple of months (or at least I used to until a few months ago. Countless emails to TeamView and calls were a wasted effort. Never have they replied except once several weeks ago saying the account was reset when in fact it still has not been done.

Posted by peatey
Neutron

Re: Your trial period has expired!

It's a joke. I love that it tells you 5 minutes and the connection is terminated in 30 seconds or less. I barely have time to connect before it kicks me out. I am literally just trying to install a competitor product so I can access my home computer away from home; I'll need to do it over about 20 sessions distributed every 15 minutes or whatever the lockout period is.

Posted by Steve-in-FL
Trigon

I am trying to EDIT a prior post to keep the information up to date. The EDIT command no longer shows up. How can I EDIT this post?

Thank you.

Posted by What_no_Sound
Henagon

Re: [SOLVED] Free TeamView 14 Timing Out Very Quickly

Same problem.

Both side are using the latest version. 

Nothing Sloved!

Posted by Locutus43410
Electron

Commercial use?!

Okay, so I used the form to request a review of my account over a week ago, and have gotten *ZERO* replies.

Here's the situation:

I have an IBM x3550 m3 server at home, it has Dual Xeons, and approximately 10tb of attached storage. It runs Windows Server 2012 R2. (Apparently the fact that I prefer to run a SERVER OS on SERVER hardware is the issue, here? **bleep** nonsense is this?)

I use this machine as a media storage server, a PLEX server for the TVs in my house, and for myself and my partner when we're traveling, and as a Minecraft server for my friends and I to play on together.

NONE of this is for commercial/monetary use. NONE of it.

I need to log into the server to update PLEX and apply an update to the Minecraft server, but you guys keep kicking me off after 2 minutes, and won't allow me to reconnect for 11 (who picked that number?) minutes.

Can this *PLEASE* Be fixed?

Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

Re: Commercial use?!

LOL Yep Edited out "**Third Party Product**" I guess they list the names of other companies that do the samething (maybe even a little better lol) in their filters. :) If you search you will find them. Or just upgrade to pro if it's really the only one you can use.

Posted by Johnhoward28
Trigon

It seems that a lot of people are reporting this issue in the last week. is there a problem with teamviewer that is causing this?

Posted by Hevytrevy
Electron

I guess I'll have to find a new remote program. I'm absolutely NOT using teamviewer for commercial use. I don't even have a job! **bleep** is going on?
Posted by Falcor
Neutron

Got a similar situation myself. I got a home server for personal game hosting with friends and family. No income at all comes in from this server. Not even donations. Flagged awhile ago and have yet to get a response from the review request. Honestly the lack of contact and the instantenous punishment for using their product for personal use is driving me to use literally anything else. 

Posted by knightryder
Henagon

Commercial Use

I get a message that commercial use detected when I use it on my own personal computer, but not my wife's. It seems to think it is used in commercial environments. Wont let me use it more than 5 minutes, and wont let me reconnect until after a certain time has passed. How do I fix this? 

Posted by knightryder
Henagon

Re: Commercial Use

Of course I find https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/ after i submitted this. This should be more evident somewhere and not had to jump through so many hoops to get stuff settled. 

Posted by jho2222
Henagon

Re: Commercial Use

For the past several months, I have been using teamviewer  without a problem to help my son and my grandchildre with school and family issues. A few days ago, I began getting messages that I will be blocked because of commercial use. Since I began using  Teamviewer nothing has changed in the nature of my use of teamveiwer. 3 days ago, I did a Teanviewer reset. Yet, the commenrcial use message  persists. I am retired and have no commercial interests.