Teamviewer 12: Is there a way to save a resolution for Clients in the "my computers" list?

Hi there,

this is the first post ever :-)

I have an annoying problem with teamviewer: I have serveral Computers (i.e: Teamviewer IDs) linked to my "master" Account. I use it to connect to multiple computers across my home.

It all works great save for one really annoying problem: Teamviewer always defaults to a low resolution and more egregiouly a 4:3 aspect ratio. Is there a way to save resolutions for you Clients?

BRlarge.png

It should default to this :-)It should default to this :-)

This is the list of "my computers"This is the list of "my computers"

Best Answer

Answers

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @teamviewerneeb

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

And thank you for your post :-)

In the properties of the devices in your Computer & contacts list you have the possibility to define different individual settings incl. remote resolution:

Resolution.png

Here you can choose the perfect resolution for your device.

Just click on the gear-weal beside the Computer name in your Computers & contacts list.

Please excuse that I am using this post as a chance to recommend you to change the layout of your TeamViewer to the new and improved interface to have an even better TeamViewer experience: Options --> General --> Enable "Use new user interface" --> OK and restart your TeamViewer

I hope you like it :-)

All the best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• First of all: Thanks alot. I switched to the new UI ;-)

The described option is not displayed?The described option is not displayed?But the recommendation you gave me is simply not display in my teamviewer app ;-( (see picture below). Maybe its because i'm a mac user? Is there a way to fix that?

BR

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi again,

I am sorry, I did not pay attention to your OS :-(

Well, you are right: This option is not (yet) available for Mac. But: please feel free to add this as a feature request to our Ideas board to let our Product Management know, that you need this feature as well. 

Thank you and have a great weekend, Esther

Former Community Manager

• JoshFreeman
    JoshFreeman Posts: 2 ✭✭

Can we please get this option, since you've **bleep** up the resolution settings and now it resizes to 1280 everytime...

Also would like it on ipad...

• xerces8
    xerces8 Posts: 13 ✭✭

Where do I find the "Computer & contacts list" ?
    I have TV 13 on Windows and can't find it.

Edit: Found it, it appears after signing in to the TV account.

• DaveBoston
    DaveBoston Posts: 1

So will setting screen resolution ever come to macs for TV12?

• abpostman10
    abpostman10 Posts: 1
    edited October 2021

Esther said ... 4 years ago : Well, you are right: This option is not (yet) available for Mac

It's a pitty we need to proceed with teamviewerneeb 's hack for saving settings :(