Teamviewer 14 "Corporate license" displaying as "Free license"

eldin
eldin Posts: 4 ✭✭

As the subject suggests, recently Teamviewer 14 is showing up as "Free" even though licensed. Never had this issue previously in the past 7+ years of using a licensed Teamviewer version.

There appears to bug/glitch with the Teamviewer licensing in either the application or licensing servers.

teamviewer_14_01.pngteamviewer_14_02.pngteamviewer_14_03.pngteamviewer_14_04.png

A Teamviewer "Sign Out" and "Sign In" does not correct the problem, neither does a computer restart.

Thanks!

Eldin

Comments

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 895 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @eldin,

Thank you for your post.

I was unable to replicate this on our side; this could indicate an issue with your specific license or device.

Would you please reach out to our support team directly so they may further assist you? You can find local numbers here.

Thanks in advance.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• eldin

Thanks @JoshP.

Keeping this information here in the instance of a reoccuring issue for others.

I have contacted support directly as suggested by phone, the initial support agent was not able to correct the problem when connected and suggested that it would require escalation. Since then I was provided basic troubleshooting steps and that I was asked to perform - which I did, but did not correct the issue.

Here is the email response after creating the ticket #4715844 via the phone.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hello Eldin,

Thank you very much for speaking with me earlier today.
    I am raising this ticket in our system for your issue where the software is showing you as free user, despite being signed in correctly to the software.
    This was a known issue with some devices, and a fix has been identified.
    Could you please complete the following steps -

1) Restart TeamViewer in Services.msc ( Please type Services.msc in the search bar. This will bring up a list of services that are currently running. Please locate the TeamViewer installation and restart.)
    This should fix the issue, and if this doesn't, please proceed to the next step -

2) uninstall TeamViewer, remove services (Refer to this link https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-TeamViewer-on-PC/ta-p/16835)
    3) Please install TeamViewer afresh. (Use this link to re-install - https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/ )
    4) Please confirm that you are correctly signed in to TeamViewer

If the issue still persists, please do let us know and we may need further information to provide a solution.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

TeamViewer Customer Satisfaction Team - Subodh -

Thanks,

Eldin

• eldin

A further update received on email. Fairly cryptic, but I guess this means an issue has been identified on the licensing servers - your guess is as good as mine.

Hello Eldin.

Thank you very much for your patience on this ticket.

There is a further update, and it appears this issue will be fixed by tomorrow. You should be able to use your installation of TeamViewer after correctly signing in.
    If there is any further information, I shall inform you in this same email thread.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

TeamViewer Customer Satisfaction Team - Subodh 

• eldin

This "issue" appears to corrected now - as suggested by Teamviewer support yesterday!

They held up their end of the deal, case closed.