Announcements

Become a product development partner for TeamViewer. Read more about it in our Announcement.

Posted by Andrewt81
Henagon

Teamviewer: Commercial use

Good Morning,

i use teaviewer to manage my  private remote observatory.

This morning it returns the message i cannot connect because the destination is used for commercial purposes.. but this is not true because is my private Windows 2008 Server i use to manage the observatory. How to solve this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by iainwels
Pentagon
Solution

Re: Teamviewer: Commercial use

Hello Andrewt81,

I think that when you are trying to connect to a server it thinks it is gonna be used for business because a 99 of the 100 people do not have server for personal use... 

A teamviewer business account is not all that expensive 32 euro's a month 
https://www.teamviewer.com/pricing/

I hope this helps.

Thank you for using teamviewer!

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
Iain Wels,
ICT-Support
If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
3 Replies
5 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by iainwels
Pentagon
Solution

Hello Andrewt81,

I think that when you are trying to connect to a server it thinks it is gonna be used for business because a 99 of the 100 people do not have server for personal use... 

A teamviewer business account is not all that expensive 32 euro's a month 
https://www.teamviewer.com/pricing/

I hope this helps.

Thank you for using teamviewer!

Iain Wels,
ICT-Support
If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
3 Replies
Posted by Andrewt81
Henagon

Not interested in a commercial License, i'm in 1% who use Server OS for personal use and as stated in License Agreement i want my free account. Nowhere is written that operating system is a requirement from free to commercial.

Who i need to contact to restore my regular free license?

Posted by iainwels
Pentagon

Hello Andrewt81,

I've fact checked myself, and it is correct that you'll need to buy a licence to get a connection with a server. The only thing that you can do if you want to connect to a server is buy a licence... I am sorry but there is nothing that i can do that helps youy solve this issue! I am sorry.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for using teamviewer.

Iain Wels,
ICT-Support
Posted by Former Staff Jonathan
Former Staff

Hi Andrewt81,

Thanks for your post's!

@iainwels thanks for your help on this one.

@Andrewt81, please have a look at the following article, and notice in the first paragraph it says "Alternatively your machine runs a Windows Server operating system, classifying usage as commercial automatically"

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-TeamViewer-trial-Your-trial-period-h...

If you are indeed using TeamViewer on a server, this will require a license.

All the best,

Jonathan

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Posted by truckdriver
Henagon

i have THIS problem too,always will be ok and now Commercial USE! WHY? If Administration of TeamViewer dont fix my account,i will uninstall TV( and install Ammy Admin!