Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Hi all,

I am a private user of TeamViewer, using it a most 10x a year to help a member of the family with her computer. After I installed TeamViewer 13, I got a message that my free license had expired and that I need to buy a license. Yet, the website still mentions that TeamViewer is free for private use. Could someone advise me, please? Thanks for your help! Michael O.

• Hi Teamviewer, I greatly value your product as a student and need it to access files and control my computers for measurements. I accidentally clicked both commercial and personal use  (under the impression it wouldn't matter) but sadly it led to me being unable to use teamviewer.

Is there any way to correct my mistake and allow me to use the free license of teamviewer?

Kind regards,

Jochem

• I am a PRIVATE but under one installation ON UBUNTU i have same problem, limit to 5 minute on both directions (IN and OUT)

I'm used teamviewer ON MY PRIVATE COMPUTER WITH MY PRIVATE CONNECTIONS not on COMMERCIAL! But this is happen ONLY when connect on Ubuntu not when connect on my private's windows pc's!!!!!!!!!!

• trying free instalation for personel useage having all kinds of problems. I am 84 yrs old not a computer **bleep**, which I was..

rosalie

• ZairaT14
    ZairaT14 Posts: 1 Staff member 🤠

The free version can only be used in a private environment - for example if you help friends or relatives in your free-time and do not receive any money for it. Commercial use is every usage which has to do with your work life. This means that if you use it at work or support customers and colleagues it is commercial usage. Therefore you are not allowed to use the free version of TeamViewer in any office environments. As soon as one of the PCs participating in a session is connected to a commercial network (office/school/etc.) it is considered commercial use.

• How to Reinstall TeamViewer"Free-Version" on PC(OS-10x64) after Complete uninstallation, including Registry-entries -(It's unable to reinstall it on the Same PC)?

PLEASE HELP ME !!!

• Hello,
    I can use old version of Teamviewer (11 for example), but after installing the version 13, I got the message that I am using for commercial purposes.
    Is it not right, because I am vorking with this program, 1 or 2 times in a month.
    You did help me before. Please do something in the settings, that are incorrect for me.
    Vitus Zoltan Brasov Romania
  • i have THIS problem too,always will be ok and now Commercial USE! WHY? If Administration of TeamViewer dont fix my account,i will uninstall TV( and install Ammy Admin!

• JimmyM
    JimmyM Posts: 4

ugh. Total **bleep**. So I'll have to bring my perosnal laptop when I travel.

• Hey guys, i only use my Teamviewer in private enviroment and after Update to V13, i get a message, that my TV license has expired.

i only use it sometimes and mostly from my iphone to control my PC.

please inform me how to activate it again for private use.

Thank you!

• Greetings,

I use TeamViewer on work laptop to manage my home devices, not work related activities.
    About a month ago got a popup message saying that commercial usage has been detected. 
    Guessing it's doing an IP lookup.
    Then license got downgraded to trial and now it expired...

Any way you guys can revert that?

• Bragon
    Bragon Posts: 3

Dear,

I use your program only for private help for friends. I 'm not a professionnal, but I connect my self from workplace also.

Your program detect a professionnal area and ask a licence I don't need (private use only).

What can I do to remediate at this problem (connection for 5 miunutes only when I'm connected from the professionnal area).

kind regards

Alain

• Localhorst86
    Localhorst86 Posts: 5 ✭✭

I would also like to know if this is still considered private use. I also use TeamViewer quite often from my workplace PC to either connect to my PC at home or to PCs of relatives. Since I am doing this for my own private purposes I would consider this to be fair use of the free license even though I am accessing these private devices from within the company network. Or will I have to find an alternative to TV?

• Bread
    Bread Posts: 1

so i manged to join some sort of beta, and now my trail license expired.
    i use teamviewer personally. and cant change it. i even submitted a Form (ticket ID: 3787626)
    and i have not gotten an answer back. in quite a while so im wondering what i can do.

• drewj
    drewj Posts: 1

Is there a document explaining the limitations of the Free License?

How soon does the 3 hour limit reset? (https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-General/Free-License-Limitation/m-p/16273/highlight/true#M8943)

-drew

• bump.

• Almost the same problem. Previously used V12 and tested V13. Now assigned to Business Premium but still have "Trial expired" notify and non-working software.

The special congrats to regional phone support which IVR does not work yet.

• I've been using this for years and only recently starting to have this "commercial use suspected" error, and I see many others are posting about the same issue here.

I noticed that people reply to those threads, telling users to "submit a ticket".  lol?  The website won't accept tickets from free users.  Ok so now what?  I'm just out of luck then?  

• Firstly its allready a few years i use Teamviewer and have great apreciation for the program

i use t for a lot of things but lately it started to falsely accuse me of commercial use and limit me in the use of it.

if Teamviewer feels they need to falsely acuse me thats their idea and if that makes them happy so be it , but you cannot acuse people of things without any form of decent support cuz you are not a paying customer,  they have in no way contacted me and tried to figger out how i use it,  so they have no idea and thus falsely acuse people of stuff they cant prove ..

if they do not want people to use their **bleep** for free , then dont offer it for free ,

else if you do suspect people to use it commercially., contact those people and TALK to them beofre you acuse em of something they did not do !!!!

• Jochem
    Jochem Posts: 2

Can anybody help please?

What should I do?

• Jackinabox
    Jackinabox Posts: 41 Staff member 🤠

Hi there zcypher,

Thanks for posting!

In regards to your post, please refer to this article below.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-use-detected/ta-p/5265

I hope this can help you in resolving your situation.

Thanks again,

Yuhi

• Dear support teamviewer,

i use teamview do support my friend, i have mistake setup Teamviewer version 13 Company on my laptop win 10. And now this version has expried.
    Please guide me change to version personal. I want use version free.
    thanks.
    tv.png
  • Localhorst86
    Localhorst86 Posts: 5 ✭✭

@kiliasovI have used the "suspected commercial use" contact form and unfortunately I have received bad news:

"This means, if you use it at work or support customers and colleagues, it will be commercial usage. Therefore, you are not allowed to use the free version of TeamViewer in any office environments. As soon as one of the PCs participating in a session is connected to a commercial network (office/school/etc.) it is considered commercial use."

It's nice to have a clear answer/definition now but that means I have to find an alternative to Teamviewer as - even though I use TV for private sessions to my own PC at home or the PCs of my parents - the fact that I am using the PC at my company's office disqualifies the free usage of the tool :(

Buying a commercial license for 500€ to help my parents is obviously not a valid alternative. Guess I'll have to install **Third Party Product** and set up port forwarding through NAT :/

• KanaChan06
    KanaChan06 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello,

Then, look at **Third Party Product**. It can be usefull for you as a replacement for Teamviewer, and is more friendly than **Third Party Product**.

• Does this mean that if my son uses Team Viewer on his laptop at school, to access a file he has left at home on his home computer (eg file transfer of his homework) that I need to purchase a commercial licence (his computers are on my account as I look after them and my wife's). I though "educational" was included along with "charity"?

At School he is connected to the school network - or perhaps if he fired up his own personal hotspot with his phone that would still be personal use?

• Hi

I have used Teamviewer for about 6 years. When trying to connect the program says that the license period has expired?

I have upgrade into 13 and I am not sure if I choosen "private/non-cemercial" when I  updated it or not. I have reinstalled it and chosen "private/non-cemercial" this time and it show your test period is over every time now?

What to do?

Best Fredrik

• Morning

during the installation, I select for commercial use, but I don't use TV for commercial use. I try to uninstall and reinstall it on the machine but it's always showing me that the trial period is expired. I delete everything, even in %appdata%. 

Many thanks

• I've used TeamViewer for personal purposes, but for some reason it detected it as commercial usage and now I cannot use it anymore. What should I do?

• I submitted a ticket as well and have not heard back from anyone.  From looking at the tickets they seem to only care about the paid versions and don't answer people that have the free versions.

• LiverTime
    LiverTime Posts: 1

Hi,

I use teamviewer from my tablet, mobile phone and laptop to access my home desktop remotely. Recently, my tablet no longer logs in to my teamviewer account. Checking the log file on my tablet, I see  that my ID is blocked. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn’t help. It works fine from all other devices. Any idea why this is happening and how can it be unblocked?