Teamviewer Stores Credit Card Information without Consent

AK111
AK111 Posts: 15 ✭✭

Hi, on renewing my subscription today I was surprised to learn from the customer service representative who called me that Teamviewer stores credit card info without seeking the customer's consent first. I went through the payment process today and there was no option for me to indicate whether I want to have my credit card information saved or not saved. I can't think of a major online business that does NOT give the customer the option to save or not to save credit card information.

This is very high-handed behaviour by Teamviewer, but unfortunately consistent with their corporate attitide it seems - witness my other thread striving to stop getting ads served to paying customers and have Teamviewer abide by its own opt-out policy.

Teamviewer please explain how you obtained my consent to store my credit card information. I did not grant it.

Tagged:

Comments

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @AK111 ,

Thank you for your feedback.

As this is a subscription license, we use the card on file for the auto renewal so the customer does not experience a service interruption.

Should you wish to not have their card information stored, please contact our support team so they are happy to remove it and send you an invoice each year.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.
    We thank you in advance for your understanding.

Kind regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • AK111
    AK111 Posts: 15 ✭✭

Hi Yuri,

This is not a responsible and honest online business practice.  Every major online business I deal with gives you the option to store or not to store credit card informatiion. Teamviewer's online payment processing is misleading and deceptive. It does not give you the option to store / not to store and furthermore it does not state that Teamviewer is storing this information. The fact that it is an annual subscrition is irrelevant. The decision to allow an online business to store my credit card information is MY decision.  Teamviewer is not disclosing it is storing this information. 

Please refer me to Teamviewer's privacvy or license agreement that states Teamviewer is storing my credit card information.

• Yuri_T

Hi @AK111 ,

Thank you for your reply.

I am checking and working on it internally to answer your question. As soon as I confirm it, I will get back to you.
    I apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
    Yuri

• Yuri_T

Hi @AK111 ,

I am sorry for the late reply. I have finally gotten an answer from the dedicated team.
    Please see the below answer:

We do not store customer credit card information. That information is stored by the payment processor. If a customer agreed to our automatic renewal policy, then we will ping the payment processor about the renewal.

As I mentioned earlier, we are happy to change your payment method from credit card to Invoice payment. Please feel free to contact our support team.

Kind regards,
    Yuri