Posted by dictator4
Henagon

Teamviewer Transfer Speed is so slow

Hey.

Both upload and download speed is ridicolously slow in teamviewer 12.
Its used to be good on Teamviewer 10 and the older versions.

I have another computer like 15km away, same isp (hungarian digi kft) , one of them is on an 500/200mbit connection, the other one is 100/50.

I had like 10Mb/s (or a bit more) transfer speed on windows 7/7 to 10/7 on the older versions of teamviewer. I have tried now with no antivirus softwares, without routers, etc. Anyone have a fix for this? 

Since teamviewer stopped working as it should be, im using torrent, to transfer files, it works perfect, but it would be easier to connect on teamviewer and send the files.

7 Replies
7 Replies
Posted by Traffic
Digon

Re: Teamviewer Transfer Speed is so slow

I have also upgraded to teamviewer 12 since it's release and the transfer speeds have been awful. I paid for the upgrade because they were advertising the new high transfer speeds.

I have tested using multiple high speed lines on different machines but the speed is being cappped.I have asked teamviewer to investigate the problem. They told me they are aware that its a problem on their side but they don't know when it will be fixed. so far I've been waiting 2 months. I'm very dissapointed to be honest.

Posted by dictator4
Henagon

So basicly they know that something is messed up in their system, yet they cant fix it. That!s sad :(

What alternative program(s) do you use, for both transfering files, and remote desktop?
(that can handle high transfer speed)

Posted by Traffic
Digon

Until they fix it i'm using a combination of private hosted FTP's as well as file transfer services like WeTransfer.

It's not ideal but with Teamviewer 12 being so slow I dont have a choice until they can actually fix it. :smileymad:

Posted by glawin
Henagon

Teamviewer file transfer is slow for me a as well.  I do remote tech support for a living and our company moved away from GotoAssist to a corporate version of Teamviewer.

They don't advertise how slow it is when taking that yearly payment.

I'll keep looking for an answer on the community forum.

Posted by Untamo
Photon

I have two Windows PCs in the same network (behind the same router) and I access them from a remote network. When uploading to the PC #1, I get "unlimited" speed, only limited by the 1000/100 optical connection limits, so up to about 10MB/s. But when uploading to PC #2, the upload is capped at 120kB/s. Both machines are quite identical, with all the same settings on the TeamViewer Hosts... What gives?

Posted by jlbahr
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer Transfer Speed is RIDICULOUSLY slow

I live in a town with city-wide fiber Internet.  My transfers from my house to another house in the same town as per Ookla are about 500-800 Mbit/sec.  Transfers between the two house with TV file transfer are about 1000 times slower -- even 100 MB may take 10 minutes.  This is completely ridiculous.  TV is a great product, and this REALLY slow transfer rate is relatively recent.  Why don't they fix it?

Posted by rcorrea
Henagon

Two years after this post, I'm having the same problem and I can't find a possible solution from Teamviewer staff people.

Does any one knows what's a possible solution? I'm working on a Mac Mini, 3.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4. Internet speed on both ends is over 100 Mbps.