Teamviewer VPN on Windows 10 not connecting until I open "Network and Sharing Center"

Hi, I have a problem on my Windows 10 computer with Teamviewer VPN. When I try to open an VPN connection from another computer to my remote Windows 10 computer, I cannot ping to it. If I run the command ipconfig in the remote computer there is no connection nor IP assigned to the VPN adapter. But if I manualy open the "Network and Sharing Center" in the remote computer and try again to ping to it, then it works and running again ipconfig shows an IP assigned. What is wrong? Thanks for your help.

(This happens since Teamviewer 12 and now I have last version 13.1.1548)

Comments

• Bertrand
    Bertrand Posts: 1

I use the Teamviewer VPN feature on multiple PCs to map remote disks and it works well. But today on one of the PCs, strangely I encounter the same problem as LiamZ and I just have to go to open once the "Network and Sharing Center" for the ping and mapping to work ...

TeamViewer v 13.1.3629 - Windows 10 v1709-build 16299.248

• liamZ
    liamZ Posts: 4

Hi, thanks a lot for your comment. I've never had this problem on Windows 7, but on Windows 10 I,ve done a lot of tests on virtual machines and I've found that after turning off some privacy settings this problem starts to happend, (but unfortunately this has not solve my problem):

"Let apps on my other devices open apps and continue experiences on this device",

"Radios",

"Other devices".

Maybe you're luckier than me, and if you have any of these settings turned off you can solve your problem.