Teamviewer and Terminal Server

One of my clients is running terminal server software on a windows 10 pro machine so that multiple workstations can have RDP sessions going at the same time. I would like to use Teamviewer to remote in from my office but this often connects me to one of the RDP sessions rather than the server desktop. Is there anyway to solve this issue within Teamviewer or should I resort to using a VPN?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @EthanatQuinn,

Thank you for your message. ?

This error is often related to connecting to a server operating system with terminal services activated.

On a server OS, there is always a server ID, additionally each user profile will have a unique user ID.

If you connect to the user ID rather than the server ID then this message appears if there is no active RDP session into the specific user (or it is minimised).
    The user ID is only online when there is an active RDP session as otherwise the server would not generate a desktop and hence there is no screen for TeamViewer to grab.

In most scenarios it is the server ID which is where users want to connect into. The server ID is always online and accessible.

It can be found during the connection by the following:

• Full version: Help → About TeamViewer
    • Host: Right click icon in system tray → About TeamViewer

You will also find additional information about this in our Knowledge Base article here: TeamViewer on Windows servers 

I hope this could help. ?

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• Hello,

we have the same problem. It is not on windows server but on windows 10 with terminal server TS Plus. On windows 10 there is no server ID.

Juraj Hatala

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @JurajHatala

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

Unfortunately, we only support the official Windows Server OS.

I thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager