Teamviewer can't connect to older version??

Highlighted
Posted by
Tetragon

Teamviewer can't connect to older version??

A client was trying to connect to her work computer this morning.  It told her that her local TV12 needed to be updated to a newer version...so she proceeded to allow it to update to version 14.

After updating, when she tried to connect into her work computer, it told her that the *work* computer needed to be updated!  Obviously she cannot do that remotely...

I was able to login with my TV and saw the TV version was 12.  I proceeded to upgrade to v14 and now she can connect.

This is not an anomaly as it happened to two other clients last week as well.

TV was always able to connect with a newer version into an older version.

Please fix your ridiculously buggy software guys.  Don't appreciate shelling out all this money for junkware...

6 Replies
6 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: Teamviewer can't connect to older version??

Hello @afeudale,

Thank you for your message.

You will find all the information about where we are asking our users to update their software here: Enjoy using the best version of TeamViewer we made so far! - How to proceed?

We understand that a dysfunctional might generate some frustration, but I politely ask you to stay respectful towards the hard work our developers and support do every single day. I thank you in advance for respecting our Community guidelines.

Best

Jean

French Community Moderator
Did my reply answer your question ? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful ? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
Highlighted
Posted by
Tetragon

So is this a "forced" upgrade to the latest TV14?

What happens if a user with TV14 is trying to connect into an older version, like v12 above?  It will fail?

TV has always been of the opinion that newer versions should be able to connect into older versions.

Is this another money-grab by TV trying to get everyone on the latest version?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

I cant access my remote desktop  physically with tv. And no one else can. So how to force the tv installed in it to upgrade if i cant access it to enable the update manually??

You need to provide a solution

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Hi

Is there a solution available to this issue? I have a machine which I believe is running v13 and of which I do not have physical access to. 

I tried a suggestion in another post which said to use QuickJoin in v11 however I could not connect as I didn't have a meeting ID.

I've tried installing earlier versions of TV on my own machine however all versions I've tried (v12 & v13) show the same error, that the remote machine is running an outdated version and it cannot connect.

Many thanks,

Carl916

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Hello,

I am running TV 9 on two computers;

1. imac running os 10, 
2. PC running win. 10 home

TV on each computer indicates is ready to connect, however when attempting a connection from either direction, the message is remote computer is running an older version and needs to update.

I have also set each computer as "trusted".

Please advise how to correct this problem.

Thank you,

Peter

Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Hello @Peter_Berdos

Thank you for your message. 🙌

Only customers who bought TeamViewer 9 are able to connect use this version.

If you are using the free version, you must update your TeamViewer clients to the latest version.

You will find all the information you need in our Knowledge Base article here: Enjoy using the best version of TeamViewer we made so far! - How to proceed? 

Note: If your hardware is not compatible with the latest version, there is nothing we can do to make the free version work. We thank you in advance for your understanding.

I hope this could help. 🍀

Best,

Jean

French Community Moderator
Did my reply answer your question ? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful ? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.