Teamviewer did not work for over 10 days

Hi. i am an enterprise user and our office is located in Shanghai, China, It has been 10 days since teamviewer stopped working from 9th April. I have submit a support ticket, but I did not get any reply after your supportting team collected my diagnose information from 10th April, even if i reply their mail and pushing for a feedback, i got nothing. The ticket ID is: 3115748.

As I know, massive users in China are expericening this issue. I really do not want to post this message here but you left me no choice because my work is serisouly affected. I really doubt your quality of services and ability of dealing with critical issues. I will reserve my right of choosing or recommending your software to my partners.  

Regards
Destin

Comments

• Flying
    Flying Posts: 7

I feel you! :smileymad: It's really been painfully troublesome since 10 days ago... And they have not seemed to be able to even pinpoint the root of the problem yet.

Flying @way
  • Same issue here , my ISP is China telecom. Anyone could talk to high level in China telecom?

• hklebe
    hklebe Posts: 2

Hello,

I am very often on business in china and the main problem is the chinese regulary / great firewall and the overbooked international bandwidth of all ISPs in China. Services within the country usually work very well. As soon as services are offered outside from China, they do not work at all or often very badly.

Teamviewer works amazingly very well, I had occasionally already problems, but it was always the fault of the ISP...

• Flying

I‘d usually concur, but not this time round.

The problem now may not be related to GFW, AFAIK. My observation is that all TV servers’ hostnames are direclty resolvable (inconsistent with cases of GFW blockage), servers are pingable (also inconsistent with GFW practice). Furthermore, China Mobile subscribers are reporting okay (further inconsistency), and one of my two China Telecom networks works fine, too (again, inconsistency). One the network where TV doesn't work, even using a proxy that can circumvent GFW failed to allow me to login!

So if anyone really want to point finger to GFW for all the problems w.r.t. TV service in China since 9 Apr, please kindly point me to some credible technical analysis. While GFW is really a very bad thing that the government is doing right now, I don't think it's right for technical support to simply point finger at them without careful analysis with evidence.

Flying @way
  • DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

If I had the opportunity to sell a pen to every single person in China, I would be rich. Very rich!

So, why a business company should prohibit for an important market like yours to use (free use or commercial use) its services today?

Yes, you need a technician to fix this, but I think it must be a technician of your ISP: try running a PingPlot (pingplot.exe) and send it to the Technical Support of China Telecom.

GFW is not the problem, have it established in many: routing remains a defect or other communication stuffs.

edited: however, the fact that you can resolve a name (DNS) and ping an address is not equivalent to establishing that there is actually behind that address the service you expect.

Regards.

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• hklebe
    hklebe Posts: 2

The biggest problem is the overbooked international internet bandwidth, because  this generates a lot of packet loss. During the day it's absolutely terrible, at night it is much better.

Do you have test the connection with WinMTR?

https://github.com/White-Tiger/WinMTR

This provides better insights as to whether the connection is good.

If the packet loss to high, then it may happen that a tcp connection does not work, because the TCP retransmission rate are to high.

• Desting
    Desting Posts: 3

hmmm. i think the test result is positive... 2017_04_19_16_10_44_Host_properties.png

• DomLan

Hi Desting,

are you sure that master1.teamviewer.com is your preferred TV server?

Take a look in log file (search in this community where to find "Teamviewer log"): inline you'll find some failed request to masterX.teamviewer.com. Check also these.

Regards

Domenico Langone

• Desting
    Desting Posts: 3

Hi DomLan, 
    Thank you for your reply, i checked the log file, it shows that the application tried from master1 to master12 but all of them are failed to connect.

Regards
    Destin

• Flying

I've done similar tests -- TV's own support analysis tool performs similar tests.

Just in case, I ran WinMTR (Redux) v1.00, and the output showed about 2-3% packet loss from my laptop to master1.teamviewer.com.

Flying @way
  • DomLan

Hi @Flying and hi @Desting,

to understand more about the problem you are having is necessary to analyze the entire outgoing traffic from your machines: Fiddler can be the utility to collect this information as alternative to official TV tools. In any case, the data collected with this tool are among those protected and sensitive, so it would make little sense post them here.

The road taken with Ticket for the resolution of this problem is the correct one, unless you want to supply the trace directly to other operators of this community, at your own risk.

The contributions from the community, I think, terms here.

I am convinced that the opened ticket is certainly in load technical support TeamViewer.

Regards

Domenico Langone