Teamviewer initializing display parameters and hangs Version 12.0.71503

Comments

• Mulsambe
    Mulsambe Posts: 8 ✭✭

Thank you for the suggestion.

However, TV11 will not work for login on the remote PC running TV12.

I will have to downgrade to TV11 on both PCs, and also on all other family PCs already running TV12...

• thado
    thado Posts: 2

Ok, a couple things have changed and I am able to connect without issue.  In fact, I am typing this on my remote machine now.

1. Updated both remote and local to 12.0.77242

2. My home version was saying the typical "license has expired".  I re-entered my corp license.

3. On a suggestion posted here, I changed my power plan settings to never / never for turning off the display and put the computer to sleep.

I have tested multiple times since these changes and haven't had an issue.

• Mulsambe

Unfortunately, this does not work for me.
    - checked version 12.0.77242 on both computers
    - no license needed : says Free license (personal usage)
    - disabled display sleeping on remote laptop

I have 4 machines running TV12.
    Only this one is unable to remotely log on any other.
    And only this one rejects remote login.

Could be linked to latest Windows version installed recently.
    Current version : Windows 10 Professional 10.0.15063

Do someone use TV with this Windows version ? 

• AAApparel
    AAApparel Posts: 3

I already have it not installed on both ends and I still have the issue.  Based on the message saying that I can connect to any "active session" I'm wondering if this is on purpose for some legal reason?  I don't see why seeing as it still takes up a TS session anyway.  Please update if this is solved.

• gadgetgeek
    gadgetgeek Posts: 8 ✭✭

I am having this trouble with many of my users and computers. We are all on Version 12. Downgrading the entire company to Version 11 is not a solution. Please correct the issue.

• gadgetgeek
    gadgetgeek Posts: 8 ✭✭

Getting on the remote computer and restarting processes is not a solution. The entire point of remote administration is that I can't easily reach the remote computer to do that. Whatever is causing the crash/lockup needs to be found and fixed.

I grabbed the logs from my computer and the remote computer when it happened. But this new board doesn't let me attach files.

• Economy
    Economy Posts: 1

I have the same problem on teamviewer 12 "teamviewer initializing display parameters stuck".

If I can connect to remote computer the "right mouse click" on desktop to set "Display options" also does not work. I get an error message.

But usually I get stuck in "initializing display parameters"

• douglerner
    douglerner Posts: 7

Had a reliable solution to this problem been found? This just started happening recently to me. My friend is 98 years old and I help him via screensharing frequently. But the last month I've been stuck on this "initializing display paramenters."

We are both on the latest Mac version. 

I tried rebooting both machines. And I did a minor upgrade of my version 12 today but it didn't help. 

Thanks.

• kratjuh
    kratjuh Posts: 1

I had the same issue. Both machines Version 12 and Windows 10 Pro, stuck in Initializing display parameters.

I was able to work around it: In TV client go to Settings -> Remote control -> disabled "Remove External Background" and selected "Optimal Quality" under quality. Then I connected and it worked again. Rebooted the machine to be sure.

Note: I use a Dutch version so the translation may be different in your TV.

• Shayne
    Shayne Posts: 2

I have version 12.0.77242 and it does the same thing occasionally.  Still looking for solutions.

UPDATE:  FOUND SOLUTION BELOW!

• Shayne
    Shayne Posts: 2

@kratjuh wrote:

I had the same issue. Both machines Version 12 and Windows 10 Pro, stuck in Initializing display parameters.

I was able to work around it: In TV client go to Settings -> Remote control -> disabled "Remove External Background" and selected "Optimal Quality" under quality. Then I connected and it worked again. Rebooted the machine to be sure.

Note: I use a Dutch version so the translation may be different in your TV.

This solution worked for me as well.  Thank you so much!

• Chris2
    Chris2 Posts: 2

I had the same problem, and this fixed it for me:

1- Go into the properties for the connection (where you can assign an alias or change the password); 

2- Click on Advanced +   at the bottom.

3- Change the Scaling to "100% (original)".  

I also changed a few other settings (listed below), but I'm pretty sure the Scaling was the key.

Other settings I also changed:

- Remote Resolution:  Changed from inherited to 1280x1024 (smaller than my screen)

- Initial screen:  Changed from inherited to "1"

- Action settings:  

-- Authentication mode:  Changed from Inherited to Windows Authentication.  

-- Remote Input:  I think I might've set this to "Enable Remote Input" (or maybe it was already there).

• thulasak
    thulasak Posts: 4

got it!

on the  TV remote host little window, hover over (or click) the new bulb to get info on multi user thingy. use the given alternate id (use same password ) and things should work without needing to tweak anything else!

woohooo!

• simrick
    simrick Posts: 7 ✭✭

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me. I remote-updated my friend's computer from v11 to v12 and now I can't login. I suppose it would be easy enough to reboot the remote system, except for the fact that he is gone for 2 weeks. I had changed the power setting from never shutdown to shutdown after 5 hours. Maybe that caused the problem? I don't know. This sure is frustrating!

And now, after fiddling with display parameters, I get Authentication Rejected. UGH!

• Chris2
    Chris2 Posts: 2

I don't see an option to edit posts, so I'm replying to my own post with a retraction, of sorts; the thing described below, which I thought had fixed the problem, was not actually what fixed it.

It turns out that the reason TeamViewer was sticking on "Initializing display parameters" was that TeamViewer on the system I was connected to was set to only allow connections when someone was logged in; what had fixed it was that one of my colleagues had remote destopped into the machine.  As soon as he logged out, the problem came back.

The fix was actually to uninstall TeamViewer, delete the TeamViewer registry key (from HKEY_Local_Machine > Software > Wow6432Node > TeamViewer), and reinstall with "Allow Unattended Remote Access" selected.  There might've been an easier way to do that, but I knew that way would work when I recommended it to my colleague, and it did.  (No restart of the server on which TeamViewer was installed was necessary.)

My apologies to anyone I gave false hope / led astray with my premature "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!"  :smileyembarrassed:

@Chris2 wrote:

I had the same problem, and this fixed it for me:

1- Go into the properties for the connection (where you can assign an alias or change the password); 

2- Click on Advanced +   at the bottom.

3- Change the Scaling to "100% (original)".  

I also changed a few other settings (listed below), but I'm pretty sure the Scaling was the key.

Other settings I also changed:

- Remote Resolution:  Changed from inherited to 1280x1024 (smaller than my screen)

- Initial screen:  Changed from inherited to "1"

- Action settings:  

-- Authentication mode:  Changed from Inherited to Windows Authentication.  

-- Remote Input:  I think I might've set this to "Enable Remote Input" (or maybe it was already there).

• thulasak

@simrick wrote:

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me. I remote-updated my friend's computer from v11 to v12 and now I can't login. I suppose it would be easy enough to reboot the remote system, except for the fact that he is gone for 2 weeks. I had changed the power setting from never shutdown to shutdown after 5 hours. Maybe that caused the problem? I don't know. This sure is frustrating!

And now, after fiddling with display parameters, I get Authentication Rejected. UGH!

yeah got to have rdp or physical access to remote host.

• Mulsambe

It doesn't work for me either.
    I have upgraded and rebooted all my machines (4 PCs).
    And now, I am no longer able to log from any one to any other.
    Very sad...

• thulasak

@Mulsambe wrote:

It doesn't work for me either.
    I have upgraded and rebooted all my machines (4 PCs).
    And now, I am no longer able to log from any one to any other.
    Very sad...

don't you have rdp or physical access to them?

Capture2.png

maybe pic above will give some clues.

this is when i rdp to remote host. NOT using teamviewer.

i click the bulb to popup info box.

sorry. i had to erase some info.

• reeyon
    reeyon Posts: 3

@Djago wrote:

I'm having the same problem BUT I can give TV programmers a hint:

1 Try to connect with TV and get the Initializing display parameters window

2 Connect via RDP to the computer. At the same moment TV will connect! You'll have both remote connections: TV and RDP

3 Sadly, if you disconnect RDP, TV will give you a message informing that it "at this moment you can't capture the screen. It can be due to the user fast switch..." (or something like that; I have the program installed in spanish)

Same problem here. TV version is 12.0.77242. 

• reeyon

@reeyon wrote:

@Djago wrote:

2 Connect via RDP to the computer. At the same moment TV will connect! You'll have both remote connections: TV and RDP

3 Sadly, if you disconnect RDP, TV will give you a message informing that it "at this moment you can't capture the screen. It can be due to the user fast switch..." (or something like that; I have the program installed in spanish)

Not only that. When user is not logged on (user signed out from server), the TV will goes off as well and not able to connect anymore. It shows "offline" in my TV contact list. 

The host has Hyper-V installed. TV is running on VM.

• thulasak

@reeyon wrote:

@reeyon wrote:

@Djago wrote:

Not only that. When user is not logged on (user signed out from server), the TV will goes off as well and not able to connect anymore. It shows "offline" in my TV contact list. 

The host has Hyper-V installed. TV is running on VM.

yes i think it meant to behave that way.

see and study the pic below.Capture2.png

so use the first id given by TV if you like to connect without rdp (or another user) already connected.

(this first id is different from shown as 'Your ID ->')

btw i'm using latest TV version with which i had the same issue as you guys. now solved by simply using the given alternate id.

• Hillandale
    Hillandale Posts: 1

So I am having the same issue and I am in my 7 day trial period of the corporate licence...starting to reconsider the move to TV...stability of the remote control feature is mission critical for support team so if it does not deliver that, the rest does not really matter.  Any suggestions?  am i over reacting?

• douglerner
    douglerner Posts: 7

I'm sorry I can't explain what I did to fix it, but I visited my friend's house, restarted his computer, tweaked with some system settings on his Mac, and when I came home I was able to connect to his computer via TeamViewer again!

But I don't know what I did to fix it.

One issue though: Each time I disconnect his computer gets logged out, and he has to login again, which confuses him (he's 98 years old).  If I reconnect I can see the login screen and login.This didn't used to happen. How can I end our session without him logging out? Anybody know?

Thanks,

doug

• reeyon

Thanks @thulasak
    This is really solved my issue.

• MichaelG
    MichaelG Posts: 19 ✭✭

Unfortunately, I cannot connect via RDP to my remote computers because of the firewalls.
    Has anyone who consistently has this issue submitted a bug report?
    It happens too rarely for me to duplicate the issue. Yet, I cannot take the chance of moving my company to TV if it starts happening on a computer 2000 miles away. 

• simrick
    simrick Posts: 7 ✭✭

In my case, someone finally was physically at the machine. There were multiple dialogue boxes open of "This has been a free session...", from every time I tried to connect after remote updating from v11 to v12. Once all those boxes were closed, I was able to connect. We did not even have to reboot the system - just closed all those boxes.

• Muplor
    Muplor Posts: 4

For any one still experiencing this problem here is how I solved it.

I was getting this hang error when connecting to a TViewer unattended host. happened on 3 core servers.

When setting it up and linking it to your account it will actually do so for the ACTIVE session e.g whoever is logged on at that time. That means you need to RDP on to that link in order for TV to work - as soon as you disconnect from RDP, then your Teamviewer will go pop too!

To solve this you need to open the Team viewer host options and then renter your details as it will appear to have lost them (looks like a bug). It will then create a second link in your teamviewe program with a different connection ID (the one used for remote monitoring of servers).

Then just delete the first one you made and the second one will operate fine.

Really stupid way of connecting up unnateneded hosts Teamviewer!!! This does not happen if you use the Full Program to setup annatended access -but for me I didnt want the host to be able to remote to anywhere else.

Hope this helps someone!

• Hello all,

it is stupid but with my case, i don't need to do any thing.

put monitor cable and start your server and check sever can start then unplug monitor cable you can remote normally.

Hope this help for you!

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠
    Hi Everyone,
    I would just like to clarify that I believe we have 2 separate issues in this thread. One is a connection issue, the other is to do with terminal servers having multiple ID's

As Thulasak said, this has to do with Server ID's and User ID's when working with client servers.
    When using a terminal server, when a user logs out, their client is essentially set to "off". They come back online when you log back in. This is to save system resources.
    To overcome this, The full version AND host will both install automatically with "Enhanced user management". This means that each user will have their own ID, but this will show as offline when they log out, or you will get connection issues when connecting if they are not actively using the session.
    To overcome this, open "About TeamViewer" and connect with the Server ID. This will take you to the login page and you can then log in as any user from here.
    I am sorry for any confusion.
    -Scotty
    Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • OMG, same problem... how do I fix this?