Teamviewer keeps disconnecting an external contractor from the server.

We have an external contractor working on one of our servers that keeps getting disconnected due to commercial use.
I have signed into the teamviewer client on the server and activated the license using a valid corporate license but the problem keeps occuring.

I've read through the licensing activation documentation and it looks like only one end needs to be signed in for the license to be valid.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-activate-your-license/ta-p/4326

What is the fix to these constant disconnections?

Comments

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi maximumboost,

Thank you for posting.

With regards to the activation, please make sure that you sign in to your licensed account on your local side. 

If you have a license and receive the error message such as commercial detected, normally it has not licensed on your local side. 

It depends on how you use TeamViewer though, normally we recommend to activate license on a local side, and a remote side can be remained as free version. It should work with no issue. However, as you mentioned, signing in is a only way to activate license at the moment.

If you have more questions, I cannot talk your specific license in Community, therefore please contact our support team so that we can support you.

Hope this will be helpful for you.

Best regards,

Former Japanese Community Moderator