Teamviewer on Galaxy S3 running Cyanogenmod 13...?

Hello everyone, new user here from Montréal, Canada :D

Is it possible to use teamviewer to remote-control a Samsung Galaxy S3 running cyanogenmod 13? The device never shows up online from the desktop computer (running linux mint 18 64bit) even after manually installing the "support" app  "TeamViewerQSAddon.apk" to the phone's /data/app or /system/app directory.

Thanks for any assistance on this!

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi delt

Thanks for posting!

Unfortunately (As a cyanogen lover myself) we do not currently have support for custom ROMs. Only Stock OS on the devices listed here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/341-how-can-i-control-my-android-device-with-teamviewer

However, there may still be some functions you can perform. I am unsure what you mean by the "Support" app. The QuickSupport App will only work while the app is open, to have the device show all the time, you will need to Download the "Host" version of the software (not the samsung one as this is incompatible).

I hope this helps :)

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • delt
    delt Posts: 4

umm... not sure i'm following. I would like to remote control my galaxy S3 running cyanogenmod, for example to type text with the computer keyboard instead of touching the on-screen keyboard of the phone.