Teamviewer plan not valid!

Hi,

Last week, I started  to get this message:

"TeamViewer plan not valid! Please get a new plan or upgrade your existing one."

I'm using teamviewer 15 with linux mint. I removed it then installed it again with no change.

Today, the exact same problem happened on my Windows10 PC. Please help.

Comments

• dscit
    dscit Posts: 3

1.png

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @dscit 

Thank you for your post. 

May I ask you to please contact our support team directly? We are not able to handle licensing issues within the community since we do not have access to your data. 

Thank you very much for your understanding and have a great day. 

All the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Hippus
    Hippus Posts: 2

I have this exact same problem. Multiple applet windows showing the error message "TeamViewer plan not valid! Please get a new plan" etc etc

Win10 machine with latest update.

Problem began appearing on 25th Jan. Teamviewer installed as "Free for Personal Use"

Uninstalled completely, then reinstalled but error message reappears. Error windows keep propogating. 

• Hippus
    Hippus Posts: 2

As a matter of interest I followed the Girly's advice above, and after a lot of usernames and passwords ended right back here, looking at the same entries. Perhaps someone who can actually offer some really useful advice might come on here. This is an issue that has only very recently become noticeable, there has been no major change to this Windows 10 machine at all, and Teamviewer is installed as For Personal Use only. What could possibly go wrong?

Thank you in advance to anyone with sensible advice.

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @Hippus 

Thank you for your post.

As @Natascha stated, please contact our support team directlyWe are not able to handle licensing issues within the community since we do not have access to your data. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• dscit
    dscit Posts: 3

Hi, 

The message is unclear but it is a licensing error.  Your device(s) may have been blocked by teamviewer as they seems to be using aggressive approches/algorithms to chase unpaid licenses. The block may happen even if you are using paid license(s).The TV id depends on your hardware, so even if you reinstalled the TV and OS, you may be still blocked. Anyway, you have to contact their "support"! Good luck!

Regards

• bbaum
    bbaum Posts: 3 ✭✭

So I was previously using mixed commercial and personal use.  For the last several years I've only used personal use.  Now I get the license error..

Several posts suggest opening a ticket, but there doesn't seem to be a way to enter a ticket if you're on a free plan, so it all just loops back here.  

So if I can't open a ticket to fix it I just have to switch to a different product??

So if you get this message, you need to start uninstalling Teamviewer from all of your devices and install somethign else? Is that the advice?

• bbaum
    bbaum Posts: 3 ✭✭

Update:

This seems to have been an issue with one particular computer.  

I was able to "reset" that computer with instructions readily available online, and was able to reinstall Teamviewer, log into my account, see all my other computers, connect, etc..

• Could you share the way did it?

• I've the same problem, please can you link tha istruction page to reset the login problem

• KDG007
    KDG007 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Does anyone have a solution for this? I tried uninstalling and still nothing.