Teamviewer promo spots on PAID license hanging the console

So, whenever TeamViewer wants to advertise some new product, service, discount, whatever, they often show a message on my console after I disconnect from a remote endpoint. And I always click the box to not show me that again. Then a few days later or so they show me another promo. And again I click to not show me again. And so it goes ad infinitum. OK, that's already annoying enough.

But for the last day or so, that ad window that normally appears has been blank and it hangs the console. No exit button, no "don't show this again", nothing. Closing the console isn't enough, either. I have to terminate the service knocking off all my still-connected endpoints.

Here's a pic:teamviewer_hang_with_promo.png

Obviously this is a bug. The best fix would would be to eliminate this ad altogether for paid users. Pester the free users but please stop bugging me.

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @valkyriebiker,

It's great to see you posting again! ?

This seems, as you correctly said, to be a bug. I recommend you to make a full uninstallation of TeamViewer and to reinstall it on your device. We explain how to proceed in this Knowledge Base article right here: How to uninstall TeamViewer on PC 

Regarding the in-app promo spots, please check the answer of @Esther's post: Re: Why am I getting ads in paid teamviewer?  

We are sorry for the inconveniences caused. ?
    If you need any further information, please let me know.

Best,

Jean

Community Manager