Teaviewer keeps logging out of account

DialM043
DialM043 Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited March 27 in Account

For the last few days, Teamviewer has logged me out of the account when using the software, and when I try to put in my password and log back in, it just sits there and I have to exit completely out of Teamviewer, restart it, in order to log in to the account.

As well, because I thought there was a glitch, I uninstalled and reinstalled Teamviewer, only to have it continue with the problem, but now, it is showing as a Trial account, and I have no idea how to connect it to our business License.  I click on Already a Customer and nothing happens.

I can't get ahold of anyone at Teamviewer, do they even have anyone that helps?  Does anyone have any answers or can someone assist me, please?

Comments

• Alan111S
    Alan111S Posts: 6 ✭✭
    I noticed that this started happening after the latest Teamviewer 13.2.14327 Update. I even made my account easier to log into (removed 2FA and made the password simpler) - because it is such a pain.
  • DialM043
    edited August 2021

I was able to get Teamviewer support to assist me and this is their solution, after I sent them some logs.

Thank you for your message and the logs.

The analysis lead me to believe you are being affected by what looks like a bug on the latest version 13.2.

Your case was sent to our development team and I will let you know when I have more information about it.

For now, something that you could try is uninstalling TeamViewer 13.2 and installing 13.1 again. You can download 13.1 from the link:

[file removed as it is no longer active link]

• Alan111S
    edited August 2021

@DialM043 wrote:

I was able to get Teamviewer support to assist me and this is their solution, after I sent them some logs.

Thank you for your message and the logs.

The analysis lead me to believe you are being affected by what looks like a bug on the latest version 13.2.

Your case was sent to our development team and I will let you know when I have more information about it.

For now, something that you could try is uninstalling TeamViewer 13.2 and installing 13.1 again. You can download 13.1 from the link:

[file removed as it is no longer active link]

Hi @DialM043

Please reply to this thread when Support have resolved the issue, so we all know that it's fixed.

I was able to find TeamViewer_13.2.5287_Setup.exe on the Filehippo website which is still 13.2 but doesn't have this issue.

Once you install the earlier version, you may find that Teamviewer keeps upgrading itself.

In Advanced settings you can prevent Teamviewer from auto-upgradingSwitch off Auto UpgradesSwitch off Auto Upgrades

Obviously, once the issue is fixed, these settings can be restored back to the previous defaults which I think is 'Weekly', 'Updates within this major version'.

Alan

• Alan111S
    Just a quick reply to say that this happened again using 13.2.5287 so I will be going back to 13.1 via the link in an earlier post in this thread
  • I also have this issue for the last couple weeks. Awaiting a real fix and not a uninstall/reinstall an old version fix. If you're (teamviewer) going to enable automatic updates by default, be prepared to quickly roll out a fix when new versions have issues. 2+ weeks to still not have a fix is unacceptible. 

• It's happening to all my computers and my buddies computer too. You click on your contacts and it wants you to sign on. I enter my PW and nothing happens. Have to terminate the program and open it back up. Enter my PW again and then it works again. Pain in the **bleep** if it's your only remote to your home server. Good thing I have just the RDS working fine. I only keep Teamviewer running in case I need to access it with my phone.

• This isn't technically a server. I just called it that. It's a home PC Windows 10 Pro. All updates performed. Teamviewer version is 13.2.14327. Teamviewer works, but after a half day of running or so, when I open the program (Still been running in the background, just minimized) it wants me to enter my PW to log in. I enter my PW, but nothing happens. Just sits there. I have to completely terminate the program and reopen. Then it again asks for my PW, but this time when I hit login it works. Previous versions never had this issue.

• Yes. Our team is having exact same problem. It intermittently logs us off (sometimes few hours, sometimes a day) and when we provide the password and click "sign in" nothing happens until we exit completely and re-run and login. Very annoying.

• The same issue here as well, so I now installed 13.1 to see if it will work better.

One more thing: since I have a business license, it seems I can login in TeamViwer only into one Windows account. If I use a non-admin account and login in TeamViewer, it logs me out from TeamViewer in admin account and vice versa. Is there a solution for this, so the account stays logged in both Windows accounts I use on the PC?

• If you get this issue and are on a terminal server teamviewer will sign you out and you get the sign in glitch where you can't type the password etc..

Issue also occurs when using software like RDPLUS and other software that allows concurrent users logged into a pc.

Short term work around was to end the teamviewer process, end the teamviewer service then run teamviewer again.

• Went back to 13.1. No further issues.

• Why is this issue still ongoing? Its causing major productivity issues throughout our business.

• ivn
    ivn Posts: 2

Same problem here. It seems teamviewer logs out every time I connect with RDP to my PC where teamviewer is installed and logged in.

So I've got back to 13.1 and it works just fine.

• dterrot
    dterrot Posts: 5 ✭✭

I have this problem on v13.2 on my Mac, please can you post v13.1 for Mac as the supplied link apears to be for windows.

• everyone at my company is also having this problem with version 13.2.14327

Any fixes to this yet?

• Alan111S

I think it would be really useful if someone with a paid TeamViewer account could put in a support call. There are 31 MeToo! s registered for this issue but not one single reply from anyone at TeamViewer. Basically, we have no idea if they even know that an issue exists, let alone whether they are attempting to fix it.

I tried to report this myself but was told that TeamViewer won't talk to me as I'm not a paid subscriber and that they are not aware of this issue, although I did that when the issue first started happening.

So, tlamming, if everyone at your company is having this problem, that implies you have a commercial account and that Teamviewer might listen to you !

• DialM043

@Alan111S, I am the one who posted this message and contacted Teamviewer Support over this issue.  I have a paid account and I posted their response to me in this thread (third post in).

They ARE aware of this issue and for the time being their workaround is to uninstall version 13.2 and install version 13.1 and uncheck automatic updates of the software.  This has resolved the issue for me, and others here.

And I agree, it is frustrating, but until Teamviewer resolves it, at least the workaround works. At least they are working on fixing the glitch in Version 13.2, or so they say.

• DialM043

@dterrotI found this link for older versions of the software for other Operating Systems.  I hope this helps.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/old-versions.aspx

• Alan111S
    Thanks @DialM043. I should have re-read the thread. To be honest, when you said that you 'managed to get support to assist you', I assumed that meant you weren't a paying customer. Anyway, I think it's just frustrating that we haven't had any updates from Teamviewer.
  • dterrot
    dterrot Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Thanks DialM043
  • Same thing happens to me. Every morning my teamviewer account gets logged out and i have to restart teamviewer to be able to log back in. This is very counter prodictuve when I have to do tech support quickly

• Same for me on Mac

on Teamviewer 13.26558

• GerZah
    GerZah Posts: 3

Same here, with TeamViewer 14.1.18533 (but also with various versions before) for Mac running Mojave (MacOS 14.4). … Astonishingly enough: I have the same version running on two different Macs, one running Mojave, one running High Sierra (MacOS 14.3), and neither of them shows this issue.

So I was thinking about completely uninstalling TeamViewer and installing it from scratch. I actually tried to do so, but perhaps I forgot some files or it simply didn't help: Same as before, each and every day my TeamViewer is logged out from its address book.

• Alan111S

An update for all you people.

I'm still using Version 13.1 and am not planning on updating until I hear this issue has been resolved. It would be good if some of you who were afflicted by this issue could post back to say whether it has been resolved in later versions. If nothing is posted, I suppose I will have to update and test it myself!

• Same thing has been happening to me with 13.2. The 13.1 link is not working anymore. Does someone have an updated link?

• GerZah
    GerZah Posts: 3

Huh. Since I posted my reply about a week ago, mentioning that I was using version 14.1.something for Mac, there seems to have been an update – as I'm typing this, it's version 14.2.2558, dated March 12th.

And what can I tell you: Currently, when checking on a daily basis, there doesn't seem to be an automatic logout from my address book anymore. Should version 14.2 be the salvation we've all been longing for?

• Anguel
    Anguel Posts: 5 ✭✭

On one PC I have the same problem, it occurred under v14 and now under v15.

Very annoying...

• BradOZ
    BradOZ Posts: 5 ✭✭

having the same problem on windows with v15

• walkermacy
    walkermacy Posts: 2 ✭✭

I'm using the current version (15.19.5) and this is happening repeatedly on two different computers (both Windows). I had this problem way back on v13, as did the OP, then it went away for a really long time, and now it's back again. It's incredibly annoying to deal with when it's happening every other day. Really wish they would FIX THIS for good.