Trusted device - Pop-up message.

Announcements

A new TeamViewer version for Windows has been released. Read the Change Log for 15.7.7 here!

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Trusted device - Pop-up message.

Hello,

Whenever I want to log in on the forum (I have 2 PC recognized several times) I receive this message:
"We could not check if your account has been used on this device before.
To ensure your account's security, you need to add this device to your trusted devices".

Thanks

6 Replies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Trusted device - Pop-up message.

Hi Auguste,

Thanks for the upload.

It looks like the 2 facor authentication is not acitvated for your account. Therefore you are getting the Trusted Device emails when you try to log in.

As soon as you activate the 2 factor authentication, you won´t get the Trusted Device emails any longer.

Just choose the option you prefer most: using 2 factor authentication or working with the Trusted Device emails.

I hope the info helps.

Best, Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Auguste_264

Thanks fort your post. 

I created a new thread for it.

You may want to have a look at this article: What is “Trusted Devices” for your TeamViewer account?

The TeamViewer community account is also your TeamViewer account and so the Trusted Devices or 2 factor authentication is required for a login to the TeamViewer community.

I hope the info helps you.

Thanks and best, Esther

Community Manager

Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Always the same and it is not activated. I can not insert screenshot.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Auguste, 

uploading a screenshot should work again. Can you re-try?

Thanks, Esther

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Hello,

Thanks for the Photos.

teamviewer_authentification_2_facteurs_01.png

Highlighted
Community Manager
Solution

Hi Auguste,

Thanks for the upload.

It looks like the 2 facor authentication is not acitvated for your account. Therefore you are getting the Trusted Device emails when you try to log in.

As soon as you activate the 2 factor authentication, you won´t get the Trusted Device emails any longer.

Just choose the option you prefer most: using 2 factor authentication or working with the Trusted Device emails.

I hope the info helps.

Best, Esther

Community Manager

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Hi Esther,

Ah it's one or the other. Indeed I receive each time a mail of confidence. I thought it was possible to disable everything but I understand very well that we must keep a security.
There I understand better.

Thank you so much.