Posted by PaulGSBS
Henagon

Trusted device email never received

Hi, 

I have set up 20+ accounts within my managemnt console but for some reason a few of these accounts never get the email to activate or trust a device. I have used the link to login for the 1st time https://login.teamviewer.com/cmd/joincompany

but it always then tells me to check my mail for the trusted devices link and  it is this I never receive. Is there another way to get this link? 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Posted by DragonSlayr
Henagon
Solution

Re: Trusted device email never received

I never get the emails either. I'd like to know the email servers the messages should be coming from so that I may whitelist them.

Posted by Moderator Moderator
Solution

Hello @Robama,

Indeed, it is not the expected behaviour of the system.

What I recommend you to do, it to log in from a computer that works, and to set up the 2-factor authentication for your TeamViewer account. We even have a video tutorial that explains how to set it up: How to configure the Two-Factor Authentication (Video tutorial)

With the 2-factor authentication, you don't have to validate the trusted device via e-mail. The login goes all through the 2-factor process.

Note: Here is the list of the supported apps for 2-factor authentication

You will find general information about 2-factor authentication in our Knowledge Base article here: What is two-factor authentication for your TeamViewer account?

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

French Community Moderator
Did my reply answer your question ? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful ? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
14 Replies
Posted by DragonSlayr
Henagon
Solution

I never get the emails either. I'd like to know the email servers the messages should be coming from so that I may whitelist them.

Posted by DragonSlayr
Henagon

I also just now tried on a free account to replicate as that email is a gmail account. That account did not get a email to allow the device to connect..

Maybe someone can try to access their account from a differant browser or something, then look at the headers and give us a hostname  and ip that the email comes from.

The only way I can get to management console is:

From the machine running the teamviewer account, in the teamviewer app,click on connection, then management console. It will open the browser and then let you connect. If I simple open the browser myself and connect, I can not, because of the error about trusted devices. Yet on neither account do I ever get the email.

Posted by rlillard75
Henagon

Okay guys I found the issue and how to resolve it. It looks like you have to activate "Two factor authentication". You will have to be at a computer that is already logged into the TeamViewer software. 
1.) From the software click on "Connection" Then click on "Open Management Console".
2.) From the Management Console click on your name on the top right of the screen and choose "Edit Profile".
3.) Now click on "Two factor authentication".  
4.) You will need a smartphone app to generate the security token and to use when adding computers or for logging on to TeamViewers website.  I use Duo Mobile. The only drawback to the Two Factor Authentication is that you have to use your mobile phone when logging in.

I sure hopes this helps! I am not sure why Teamviewer hasn't responded with this solution. I was beating my head against the wall until I figured this out.

Posted by event1software
Henagon

I've started running into this issue just last week.  The email link has always come through in the past without issue.  Checked my inbound SMTP to make sure it wasn't blocked by spam filters.

While I appreciate the suggestion to enable Two-Factor authentication, I don't see this as an actual solution since I've made no changes to my infrastructure and do not wish to require my mobile device every time I need to add a computer to my list.

Posted by Radioactiv
Photon

Hi!

I had this issue for serveral weeks .. i changed my email adress and now its working again! 

Posted by madmax71470
Photon

Same for about a year would drive me nuts!

Changed email address from last working pc (not password) to use a different email. Wow I got confimation of email change email, and add trusted device email. So I downloaded teamviewer on my home server, and noticed it said login with user id, or email!.... so I tried user id/ password. It connected right away with no add device nag!!! Tried to change email back with no luck.  no email at all. Actually it did not even change as it said it did. Add device emails still come to new address. At least it works.

Posted by joeytel2
Henagon

I have an account on aol mail but whenever I want to add a computer it says it doesn't recognize the pc and will send an email which I never get. I then set up anoyher acount on gmail and with that account I can add a computer and get the link in the email.

Posted by joeytel2
Henagon

signin-noreply@teamviewer.com is the address I received from them

Highlighted
Posted by WabtecSLM
Henagon

I will try that email address.  I agree that two step authentication is not the way.  This software leaves much to be desired.  The documentation is piece meal and depends on the user community to do the work and fix the issues.....I am getting very frustrated!

Posted by Robama
Henagon

I have this same problem after my trusty old machine died and I had to reinstall on a new PC.

I now get the message about sending me a trusted device email that never arrives. No mail in junk folder to anything else to indicate that the email has actually been sent :-(

I have validated that the email address and password still work by logging in from a browser on a different machine (same machine pops up trusted device email from another browser, also never received).

I assume there is an issue/filter at the TV end, how can I contact someone to get things working again?

This is so frustrating! Any help gratefully received.

Solution

Hello @Robama,

Indeed, it is not the expected behaviour of the system.

What I recommend you to do, it to log in from a computer that works, and to set up the 2-factor authentication for your TeamViewer account. We even have a video tutorial that explains how to set it up: How to configure the Two-Factor Authentication (Video tutorial)

With the 2-factor authentication, you don't have to validate the trusted device via e-mail. The login goes all through the 2-factor process.

Note: Here is the list of the supported apps for 2-factor authentication

You will find general information about 2-factor authentication in our Knowledge Base article here: What is two-factor authentication for your TeamViewer account?

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

Posted by Robama
Henagon

Hi @JeanK,

Thanks for the quick reply. The problem I have with 2 factor authentication is that I will always need my phone to login on the PC which is a pain.

Is it possible to enable 2 factor, add the device, remove 2 factor so I can continue to use it without the need to have a phone nearby all the time?

It seems there is some kind of email address validator that is being over aggressive given the number of posts about this problem in the community?

Thanks

Hello @Robama,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, what you suggest is not possible. Once you will disable 2-FA, the system will ask you again for the validation e-mail for this particular device.

You will have to choose between the trusted device system or 2-FA. :-)

Cheers

Jean

Posted by mymaus
Henagon

PLEASE HELP! Not receiving Temviewer trusted device email

Has this problem EVER been actually solved?  I searched the community and MANY people have the same problem but there is NO response form the Teamviewer people.

My situation is...I am on the free version. My host systems are set up. I wanted to use my Ipad and my Samsung S5 android based smart phone to access my hosts. My ipad was successfully trusted through the email I received. When I tried to get my phone working, it gets the message that the email is coming and....I never get an email. I reied unictalling and reinstalling TV on the smartphone...no success.

I read on the community that supposedly, setting up 2 factor authentication would help, but that makes this a major hassle.  Are there any real answers out there? This seems like a VERY simple thing to resolve. Anyone?   Anyone? Bueller?

Thanks in advance for any help! Tom