2»

Answers

• KDenis
    KDenis Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 22

@Tom44 wrote:

[removed per Community Guidelines]

Thanks! We'll have to try

• I notice now i can login with both my accounts (my personal with which i help family, my corporate with wich i help customers).  However i have not helped someone out with my personal yet, so i have no clue about the 5 minute time limit.

Is it possible now to use both accounts from one (my company) computer?

Since the solution Josh marks as solution does not feel like a solution to me.  Why is it possible to indicate "use this device for personal and commercial use" during installation?

thank you in advance

• ehrw
    ehrw Posts: 2 ✭✭

Dodging around the problem like this is not okay. They're completely ignoring the problem and charging more for the business suite if you want to do remote on mobile. I'm not going to use Teamviewer privately anymore and recommend to my organization that we drop it. It's the only way to get through to people nowadays

• PrimozR
    PrimozR Posts: 1

Smooth, Teamviewer censoring the solution to their problem that's been around for 3 years. Makes much more sense tan to actually fix the problem...

• Tarquinio
    Tarquinio Posts: 1

Hello. I just had a problem trying to connect t my home computer using teamviewer.

I get the error "Alert: Our system has detected commercial use of Teamviewer software by you or your connection partner. To continue this connection, at least one of the parties needs to have a commercial license". I do use Teamviewer mostly commercially in my company, using a company account. And we do have a premium account for that. 

I'm usually logged in the company account. I logged out of the company account, logged in my personal free account and got the error trying to connect to my personal computer at home. Is this against the rules somehow?

I also had recently given access to my personal account to the computers in my company account, so I didn't have to keep switching accounts. Could this be the problem? I though this would be allowed. And reading the error message also seems this would be allowed.

• I also fail to see why this is an impossible task. Upon installing Teamviewer, choose which licenses can connect TO the device. But allow you to login on the device with an account type of your choice and allow remote connections FROM your device to any other device type.

This means i can login using my companys commercial license on my personal pc, to provide urgen assistance even if i'm at home. This would also allow me to connect to my home desktop while at work. But it won't allow for a personal license to connect to my laptop pc or a commercial license to connect to my home pc.

With corona hitting the world, and working from home being encouraged, it'd be nice to be able to sit at my comfy desktop pc with proper audio, keyboard and mouse, while connecting to my work laptop which i put in a corner somewhere. Naturally my company won't invest in a monitor setup or docking system for my work laptop @ home.

Besides, using teamviewer for web i believe these restrictions don't apply.

• 144J
    144J Posts: 1

Bumping this again to point out that this policy needs to be updated for a post COVID-19 reality.

I am working from home using my personal computer. After my work day it becomes entirely a personal computer. I just got kicked out of my grandmas computer and was not allowed to reconnect for trying to help her install Zoom for a doctors appointment because I was trying to avoid an innapropriate use of the company license.  I had to log in to my work account and burn a connection for what was most definately not a work related connection.  That has the potential to create a huge problem at work if anyone else (also working from home) needed that licensed connection for client while I was on. It could potentially lead to serious consiquences for myself and my career if such a problem turned into a serious incident.  

There are solutions to this problem. Some have been suggested here. The simplest solution would be to simply be more relaxed about the detection. There could be configurable "Work hours" or a "corporate mode" toggle. I get that they are trying to force companies to pay for what they use, but the way they are handling is punishing employees being asked to use these products.

• STR__
    STR__ Posts: 2 ✭✭

I want the same possibility.

I have a paid account, but sometimes I want to access my private PC, without burn-marking my free account.

• STR__
    STR__ Posts: 2 ✭✭

I want the same possibility.

I have a paid account, but sometimes I want to access my private PC, without burn-marking my free account.

• thofer
    thofer Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello, Since you are restricting users to use their private account in combination with a corporate account (Bad decision from my perspective so please complain to product management). How can I now sign in into an account that requires the corporate license but I do not want it to show the the computers and partners that I have on my list?

• th1984
    th1984 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2023

Hi guys,

I have an annoying issue. I'm sometimes working from home and use my company commercial account to login and to connect to my company users computers.

I also have a private/free account that I'm using to help family and friends (managed computers using unattended access).

The problem is when I log out from commercial account and connect to my private one to connect to a managed computer, TeamViewer says it detects a commercial use and blocks me.

I tried to use a portable version to have 2 separated consoles to have 2 separated connections at the same time but it's just not possible.

The problem is the same when I'm connected at work (other way around). The only way I found is to use another software (**Third Party Product**) but honestly I'd prefer to keep using TeamViewer as all private computers I manage are already there.

Many thanks for your help.

• ingenting
    ingenting Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2023

Why is my personal account blocked saying I need a license to keep using it?

The sad thing is, my company have a Teamviewer business lic for my team which I'm trying to, with all my power, end today due to this **bleep**.

Never in my life have I mixed these two accounts nor have I've ever used the same two account to either act as client or remote host on (or from) the same installation. So my only guess here is that you've been tracking our activity based on IP and you've come to the conclusion that "this guy must be cheating".

Personal is personal, business is business.

I mean, what the problem here - I'm I guilty to helping friends, family and other ppl out remote, and based on activity on the same network I'm getting banned/locked out/restricted to use the software since my work desktop is making connections to customers via a TW business account on a different computer?

I call **bleep**. Never spending money on this software on a personal level.

Can't even make a ticket about it, since its my personal account that's having these issues and not my business account, so I'm forced to take my issues in an open forum too which **bleep** a bit too.

• PistolPete76
    PistolPete76 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I use licensed TV for work, but I also have free account I use for personal use, like access my pc at home or my moms pc at her house (don't want to mix them) .

few days ago I got the message that this pc is bookmarked and have to get license to use remote access for my free account. I use same pc for work and personal. There is no one i can contact about this. How to I get my free account to be free account and my paid account paid account on my work pc? Thanks a bunch

• Tsanguine
    Tsanguine Posts: 4 ✭✭

I have a commercial license that I use for work. I also have a free login that I use for my own personal devices. I don't want them to mix. Am I no longer able to use my personal free account while I'm at work?

Typically, I would log out of my commercial license and switch to my free person license when working with my own computers. Now the connection is timing out and disconnecting or giving me warnings that I need to get a Commercial license.

Is there a way to make this work or do I have to put my personal machines into my Commercial, "for work use only," license.

• Tsanguine
    Tsanguine Posts: 4 ✭✭

What a dumb response from TeamViewer. I certainly will never give you my money.

You think that I shouldn't be able to remote into my personal servers or desktops when I'm on my work provided laptop or desktop?

Or that I can no longer use the personal free version of Teamviewer on my own personal desktop because I also occasionally use it to remote into my desktop at work?

I will use another provider then. Most of the techs I know support many family and friends. Many of us also use our own desktops because they are better and more powerful than any work provided machines.

To me it's like saying, here is a work provided phone but you aren't allowed to talk to your wife on it. I manage 200 classrooms worth of technology but I can't yet control what software our organization uses. If I ever get a say, I won't be supporting TeamViewer and will urge others to do the same.

My employer wouldn't care if I loaded my computers using my commercial account but on principle, I won't load TeamViewer on anything person any longer.