Using Microsoft Teams meetings via remote TeamViewer connection

Hi Community.

My daughter is working for her company and remotely connecting to her desktop. Works fine for regular stuff.

Her colleagues are using Microsoft Teams for calls and she's having difficulty getting the audio pass through. Ok for speakers, but not for Microphone.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

I realise her organisation should be using the native Teams app but her laptop is locked down and only permits remote via Teamviewer. Also they could use TeamViewer calls or Blizz.

Thanks, Bill

Tagged:

Comments

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @bill_blackburn,

installing Teams locally could be the easiest and most effective solution.

Regards

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• Jeff_C
    Jeff_C Posts: 1
    edited June 2021

This answer, while perhaps easy, is not the correct answer. I use to have Microsoft Teams installed on my personal computer, but after I discovered that Microsoft Teams allowed my company to scan my computers local drives, and they received notifications of my activity on my personal computer I uninstalled Teams on my personal computer. Now I am only connect to my work computer via TeamViewer.

So I have to ask for the correct answer please. How do I run Microsoft Teams on my work computer AND connect my headset on my local computer to Teams on the work computer?

• BernardoMB
    BernardoMB Posts: 2 ✭✭

Any update on this?