Announcements

Remote Control for all devices running Android 7+ is here!

(Incl. Google Pixel series, Xiaomi smartphones, Oppo devices, and many more)

Learn more

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Wake on LAN "Wake Up" button missing for members of shared group

This is from the TeamViewer-Manual-Wake-on-LAN-en.pdf:

Note: If the computer (that is to be wakened) is in a shared group, all TeamViewer accounts
with which the group is shared can wake up this computer.

I have several shared groups that I have setup within our organization. I have shared them with two other co-workers and have granted them Full Control. I setup Wake on LAN on 3 computers and have successfully woken them up under my account with the "Wake Up" button that appears for them signed in as me. My co-worker does not see the "Wake Up" button for the computers like I do when signed on as him whether he accesses his Management Console on the web, uses his desktop client or his app on his iPhone. I see the "Wake Up" button on all 3 of these methods for all of the computers I set it on. Why is this?

2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Wake on LAN "Wake Up" button missing for members of shared group

UPDATE: 

Some of the computers that I enabled with Wake On LAN now show the "Wake Up" button for my co-worker. Did you TeamViewer folks do something in the background?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

I cannot see the "wake up" button in shared group

Hi everyone. I met the problem with Teamviewer's "wake on lan" features. My co-worker has some computers which he can turn on by using WOL feature. He has added me on the teamviewer group and give me full rights so i can see the available or unavailable computer. I wonder why i cannot see the "wake up" button on my teamviewer account but my co-worker can see it and use it normally. Please support me. Thank you for your assistant !

My problem seems like that: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/General-Questions/Wake-on-LAN-quot-Wake-Up-quot-button-missing-f...