Warned to update, but then cant.

Hi,

When I start the connection to the remote computer (I'm in the US, remote computer in the UK) I get this:

"IMPORTANT: Please update the remote TeamViewer now, as it does not use the latest version. The remote TeamViewer version will be deprecated soon. Therefore please update otherwise your connection will be stopped after 5 minutes."

Then, after I complete the connection, I try to do the update on the remote computer and get this:

"You're up-to-date! TeamViewer 12.0.139437 is currently the newest version available."

I am aware that v.12 is not the latest, but I guess it means the latest for the OS on the remote computer. Both computers are running OS 10.9.5 and TeamViewer v.12.0.139437

I just tried it and it did indeed time out. I tried to reconnect and got this:

"Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license. Connections to this partner will be blocked until 14:20"

This is for personal use and I've had no license issues till now, although it's been a while since I used it.

I also wonder why I'm not geting the same upgrade warning on my computer, but just the remote one.

Anyone know what's happening here, and how to fix it?

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @gavspen,

Thank you for your message.

As you can see here, you are using a device which is not compatible with the latest version of TeamViewer.

However, TeamViewer is only free to use with the latest version: Enjoy using the best version of TeamViewer we made so far! - How to proceed?

In order to use previous version, you need to be a licensed user.

I thank you in advance for your understanding.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• gavspen
    gavspen Posts: 15 ✭✭

What, may I ask, is the logic behind that?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hi @gavspen

You will find all the logic behind in this article: Enjoy using the best version of TeamViewer we made so far! - How to proceed?

I thank you in advance for your understanding.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• You must update the target computer to OS 10.11.6 (El Capitan), a free update thru the Apple Store. One of my friends uses 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and TV 9 which was deprecated earlier this year, but with the latest TV 14 on my end, I now get the same warning to update with a 5 minute time limit, whereas before it would simply refuse to connect at all.

Apparently, we've all been given a short-term reprieve.

• gavspen

Well, not really.

I certainly understand why those who can would be encouraged to update, but there's really no logical reason expressed in that article as to why it makes sense to abandon those who are unable to, is there?

• gavspen

Well, 5 minutes is better than nothing, and I well understand the update process. I cant do it though due to other hardware incompatibilities.

What hasnt been explained is why TeamViwer is taking this punitive approach. The software still works, they are just denying access. Why? 

• Owen72
    Owen72 Posts: 3 ✭✭

I cant update a windows version on a very old computer in use by my mother. Its no solution only to get people on a up to date version.