White (or dark) square covering the interface in Teamviewer

Specul8
Specul8 Posts: 7
edited May 2023 in General questions

There's normally either a dark tinted or white tinted square covering the information panel on the right of the window, as can be seen in the screenshot - it looks like about 85 - 90% opacity. Seemed to start about a month ago. Any ideas why it might be happening?you can see the white, almost opaque panel  covers the  contact details in the interfaceyou can see the white, almost opaque panel covers the contact details in the interface

Best Answer

Answers

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,587 Moderator

Hi @Specul8 

Thank you for your post.

Can you check out How to uninstall TeamViewer on PC please, then to follow the steps to  unistall, download and reinstall TeamViewer

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • Hi Ying. Unfortunately it didn't work (although it did change from white to black).

2019-09-02 20_48_19-Window.png

• Hi

I have the exact same issue.

Please advise

Gavin

@Specul8 wrote:

Hi Ying. Unfortunately it didn't work (although it did change from white to black).

2019-09-02 20_48_19-Window.png

• I am getting the same issue and was able to screen capture the menu and reverse the colors to show the embedded display, so it's a submenu reversed color issue. I'm using Teamviewer Version 14.5.5819 C, and Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.18970.1005 (rs_prerelease).

Tv14.JPGTv14a.jpg

• Windows 10 64bit

TV version:  14.5.5819

• SNAG-0059.png

• @Ying_Q just to confirm, there are now 3 people that are having the same problem, and we don't yet have a solution. 

• Thanks Filipe!

• Hi,

What is the release schedule for the Sept release of TeamViewer?

Thanks,

Rob

• Dear friend filipealazaro ...your post is no solution! Just a warning!!!

For Windows Insider users that has this problem, Open Teamviewer and just click on Extras > Options and uncheck "Use new interface GUI" or something like that .... close the Teamviewer and re-open ... now all itens show correctly .... if you want new intreface just click again on menu Extras > Options and check "Use new interface GUI" ... close and re-open Teamviewer, now  all works fine  again!!!

teamv.PNG

• This appears to be fixed in version 14.6.995 Preview

• I am using Teamviewer 14 and now everytime I log on - the initial screen looks fine - but when I try to logon to my accoung or show the computers in my group - there is a black box covering up the left side of the menu screen as shown below  Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Sol

Teamviewer ScreenTeamviewer Screen

• Have you upgraded to version 14.6.995 Preview?

You may need to check 'Receive insider builds'

• Hi Philipe - Confirmed this issue is now resolved - Thanks for the quick turnaround :)