Posted by Specul8
Digon

White (or dark) square covering the interface in Teamviewer

There's normally either a dark tinted or white tinted square covering the information panel on the right of the window, as can be seen in the screenshot - it looks like about 85 - 90% opacity. Seemed to start about a month ago. Any ideas why it might be happening?2019-09-01 18_47_38-Window.pngyou can see the white, almost opaque panel covers the contact details in the interface

14 Replies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff
Solution

Re: White (or dark) square covering the interface in Teamviewer

Hi all,

Thanks for your reports in our Community.

This issue only appears on the Windows 10 Insider Build 18963 due to a bug within this build. We are already working on a workaround on our side which will most likely be rolled out with the TeamViewer September release.

The workaround will also be included in the next Insider Build.

Please keep in mind that it is not recommended to use Insider Builds in a production environment or to roll them out globally on all devices you have in place. Also: It is recommended to install the Insider Build only for testing and early access purposes on devices you can reach directly so in case of issues you can revert changes quickly.

We hope that this will be fixed soon and thanks again for your help!

Best,
Filipe
Product Owner

14 Replies
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Hi @Specul8 

Thank you for your post.

Can you check out How to uninstall TeamViewer on PC please, then to follow the steps to  unistall, download and reinstall TeamViewer

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,

Ying_Q

Posted by Specul8
Digon

Hi Ying. Unfortunately it didn't work (although it did change from white to black).

2019-09-02 20_48_19-Window.png

Posted by brettser
Photon

Hi

I have the exact same issue.

Please advise

Gavin

@Specul8 wrote:

Hi Ying. Unfortunately it didn't work (although it did change from white to black).

2019-09-02 20_48_19-Window.png

Posted by engrnfwb
Henagon

Re: Unable to use Teamviewer

I am getting the same issue and was able to screen capture the menu and reverse the colors to show the embedded display, so it's a submenu reversed color issue. I'm using Teamviewer Version 14.5.5819 C, and Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.18970.1005 (rs_prerelease).

Tv14.JPGTv14a.jpg

Posted by Manalo
Digon

Re: Unable to use Teamviewer

Windows 10 64bit

TV version:  14.5.5819

Posted by Specul8
Digon

SNAG-0059.png

Posted by Specul8
Digon

@Ying_Q just to confirm, there are now 3 people that are having the same problem, and we don't yet have a solution. 

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff
Solution

Hi all,

Thanks for your reports in our Community.

This issue only appears on the Windows 10 Insider Build 18963 due to a bug within this build. We are already working on a workaround on our side which will most likely be rolled out with the TeamViewer September release.

The workaround will also be included in the next Insider Build.

Please keep in mind that it is not recommended to use Insider Builds in a production environment or to roll them out globally on all devices you have in place. Also: It is recommended to install the Insider Build only for testing and early access purposes on devices you can reach directly so in case of issues you can revert changes quickly.

We hope that this will be fixed soon and thanks again for your help!

Best,
Filipe
Product Owner

Posted by Specul8
Digon

Thanks Filipe!

Posted by routlerg
Henagon

Hi,

What is the release schedule for the Sept release of TeamViewer?

Thanks,

Rob

Posted by cleverizzo
Electron

Dear friend  ...your post is no solution! Just a warning!!!

For Windows Insider users that has this problem, Open Teamviewer and just click on Extras > Options and uncheck "Use new interface GUI" or something like that .... close the Teamviewer and re-open ... now all itens show correctly .... if you want new intreface just click again on menu Extras > Options and check "Use new interface GUI" ... close and re-open Teamviewer, now  all works fine  again!!!

teamv.PNG

Posted by routlerg
Henagon

This appears to be fixed in version 14.6.995 Preview

Posted by MoveOvr
Photon

Trying to use Teamviewer 14

I am using Teamviewer 14 and now everytime I log on - the initial screen looks fine - but when I try to logon to my accoung or show the computers in my group - there is a black box covering up the left side of the menu screen as shown below  Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Sol

teamviewer.JPGTeamviewer Screen

Posted by routlerg
Henagon

Re: Trying to use Teamviewer 14

Have you upgraded to version 14.6.995 Preview?

You may need to check 'Receive insider builds'