Why is there no option to disable locking upon disconnect?

I have TeamViewer latest version 12.0.78517 on a macOS Sierra 10.12.5. I read through the forums that you can disable "Lock remote computer", because I don't want my Mac to lock after disconnect, but I have no such option when I scroll through Advanced settings for connections to other computers. Why?

Comments

• iainwels
    iainwels Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hello MarcN98,     

I only have the sollution on this in Teamviewer 10TV01.PNGTV02.PNG

With kind regards,

Iain Wels ICT-Support

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
    Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • MarcN98
    MarcN98 Posts: 3

Turns out I have the setting on my iPhone.Lock remote computer is in the security sectionLock remote computer is in the security section Thanks. I'll check to see if it works.

• MarcN98
    MarcN98 Posts: 3

Update - Even though the "solution" is on my iPhone, the computer still locks up after disconnect. My earlier post is now mark unsolved. And yes, the Mac OS X doesn't have the ability to disable the locking upon disconnect option. There is no such option! Very frustrating if you ask me.

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 6.31.39 PM.png

• Netman
    Netman Posts: 1

I have the same problem - is there a solution yet?

• iainwels
    iainwels Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hello,

If you see my reply under this post, maybe it could help you.

With kind regards,

Iain Wels

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
    Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people

• I believe this is what you are looking for

Re_ Why is there no option to disable locking upon disconnect_ - TeamViewer Community.png
  • I have the same issue just with the mac. my pc conections work and time frame for the mac fix to this?

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi pgorman
    (and everyone else)

This isn't broken :)

There is a more recent answer and instructions I wrote on how to turn this off here

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • BISNOC
    BISNOC Posts: 1

Version 13.1.1548

Go to Options > Advanced > Show advanced options > Advanced settings for connections to other computers > Lock remote computer => set to Never

• JohnD
    JohnD Posts: 35

These Windows Host solutions in the Advanced settings will not work on a Mac Host, because TV has not yet implemented that feature on the Mac Host (hopefully they will soon, because it's a PITA otherwise).

The "sticky" option to disable it from the Client was broken before v13.  They fixed it in early versions of v13, but the bug has been reintroduced in Mac v13.1.4170 (or maybe a close previous version).  Many of my hosts are now constantly reverting to automatically locking the host on disconnect, even when I explicitly uncheck Action > Lock Computer > Lock On Session End.

This needs to be fixed again in the Mac Host.  And they need to expose that Host-side Advanced pref that can disable this useless and obnoxious feature, just like they have on the Windows Host.

• I can confirm that this is still broken on the newest version of macOS (Mojave 10.14.2) with TeamViewer 14.1.3399.

There is no option to disable locking after session disconnect on either the connecting or target system.

This needs to be fixed.

• I cannot believe this doesnt work yet,

• OUR
    OUR Posts: 8

Yes, for Mac Users and TeamViwer this is a shoddy piece of support :-(