Wifi Direct Connection with Win10 and iPad

Hey Community,

i am trying to view my computer desktop on my iPad via wifi direct. Sadly i couldnt find any answers on how to do this. Has someone ever done this?

I do not have a hotspot around where i need to view the win10 screen, so i thought i could use a wifi direct connection to stream my monitor on my iPad. Maybe some can help me with this problem.

Greetings, Robin

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Acidfie

Thank you for your message.

Firstly you need to download TeamViewer for iOS on your iPad.

The rest is basic TeamViewer use:

1. Type in the ID of your Windows computer
    2. Type in the Personal password you have set up on your computer
    3. That's it - you are now remotely connected to your computer.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• Hi Jean,

this is sadly not solving my problem, because it requires a wifi router/hotspot where these 2 devices are connected to.  I already know that teamviewer can be used with LAN only mode, thats why i am trying to build a direct connection between iPad <-> Computer. They should use wifi direct to be connected to eachother, creating their own network. I do not  have an internet connection, nor a router. Only two devices.

Greetings,

Robin

• JeanK

Hello @Acidfie

If you want to use TeamViewer in a LAN network, you need to read this article: Can TeamViewer be used within a local network (LAN) only?

Note: Currently, a bug prevents connecting from an Android to a computer within a LAN network. Our dedicated team has worked on a fix that will be released soon.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• Hi Jean,

i know that i can use Teamviewer within a LAN connection, this is not the exact case here.

i have an iPad, that is not connected to any network (no LAN, no WIFI). Then i have a Laptop with a Wifi-Direct capable network card. I want to connect my iPad directly to my Laptop via WiFi Direct (This enables the possibility that 2 devices build a network without needing a router). I am asking if this is possible because my iPad is connected to my PC via a hotspot, but i cant connect with teamviewer.

Greetings, Robin

• JeanK

Hello @Acidfie

Unfortunately, your second explanation hasn't helped a lot to understand your issue.

You are saying two different things.

On one hand, you say that your iPad is not connected to any network (Lan, WiFi etc...) and on the other hand, you say that your iPad is connected via the Hotspot of your laptop.

I asked a network engineer to read your post and he confirmed that he does not understand your issue either.

Could you please reformulate what your question actually is?

Many thanks in advance for your understanding.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• Hello Jean,

sorry for the confusion. 

My iPad is connected to my Win10 Laptop via a Mobile Hotspot. A direct connection with no other clients. Only the iPad and the Laptop. I can extract the IP-Adress of the iPad and i can see the IP Adress of my laptop, but i cant make a connection with teamviewer.

There is no internet connection available, not on the iPad and not on the Laptop.

Greetings, Robin