Windows 10 Connection Problems- Locks Screen upon connection

Current version of teamviewer. COnnecitng to a remote pc with WIndows 10 pro. As soon as i enter passcode and connect, i can see the users dekstop for a couple of seconds, then my teamviewer disconnects and the remote pc screen goes black and acts like the desktop is locked out where user has to re-enter their password. I have tried uninstall then reinstall teamvoewer on the remote computer with no change

Comments

• spulweggla
    spulweggla Posts: 1
    edited April 2021

I have the same issue with one Windows 10 Pro PC. Seems like no Problem in Teamviewer, because the same happens in every Remotesupport-Tool i've tried (**third party content** ...)

And btw, the screen locks not after a few seconds. It happens as soon as you try to move your mouse on the remote PC. Strange problem..

• 5HBG
    5HBG Posts: 1
    edited April 2021

I've been chasing this issue since late last week and thought I was the only person.

Only happens with some W10 clients but it is the same with every single remote support program I've tried (**third party content**etc).

I suspected a W10 update to be the cause but I'm having trouble narrowing down which one it may be.

• setra
    setra Posts: 1

Have the exact same problem with a windows 10 pro computer when trying to access it via the installed teamviewer 9. I am using teamviewer 11. Has anyone found the solution to this issue?

• Does anybody have any idea? We are at a loss right now!

• I'm having the same issue too!!

VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

• Hendrik
    Hendrik Posts: 2 Staff member 🤠

Hi TeamViewer Community,

Thank you all for your post’s.

We are investigating this issue and I wanted to give you and update on the current status:

• Only computers using Windows 10 with at least the Creators Update are affected (Build 15063)
    • As you already found out, this is not a specific TeamViewer issue and there are additional remote access vendors affected (Every application using Win32 API function SendInput() for simulating mouse input can cause the issue)

As we cannot fix the bug on our side alone, we are currently not able to give you an ETA when this issue will be fixed. As soon as there is an update on a fix from Microsoft, we will inform you here. As a workaround for now, we can just recommend you to reboot your computer when this behavior appears.

Thank you for your understanding and your patience with this.

Best, Hendrik

Team Manager Tech Support
  • Greetings:

We are still experiencing this issue, and while rebooting the machine does allow us to access once again, it's still annoying.

Do you have an update on the status of this problem?

Regards,

Nate J.

• i am still having this issue it is now January any update?

• I think that I found a solution for this problem.

First, i know that this issue affects windows 10 Pro only and i really hope so because you can to modify a security policy that its in windows 10 pro not available in windows 10 home.

Solution: Run windows powershell or cmd as administrator, type "secpol.msc" without the quotes, that will open local security policy, go to security settings >local policies>security options > go to "Admin Approval Mode for the Built-In Administrator account" and  enable it, reboot and try!

• Thats not a fix that is removing security...

• Oh I´m sorry, thanks for the info, have you found a solution for this issue? without removing security?

• Hello,

i had same issue with some user. I removed user  from local Administrator group which solved the problem for me

• Thank you very  much, the solution worked for me !!!

Actually the problem started after windows 10 update and as per your solutions by enabling the "User Account Control: Use Admin Approval Mode for the built-in Administrator account" it worked.

Enabled means - The built-in Administrator account uses Admin Approval Mode. By default, any operation that requires elevation of privilege will prompt the user to approve the operation.

Note : just a small update along with this i have also enabled "Accounts: Administrator account status" , this security setting determines whether the local Administrator account is enabled or disabled.

• I think I figured it out thanks to the reddit community.

Seems Vulkan runtime causes the issue. It's an nvidia driver component and so. Useless compared to being able to help your users.

Remove Vulkan runtime from programs and features, reboot.

Worked for me while none of these solution did.

• I have this issue on a nuc running windows home, so not pro and no nvidia. 

• Removing Vulkan Runtime Libaries from programs and features resolved the issue!

• YossiN
    YossiN Posts: 2

the "Admin Approval Mode for the Built-In Administrator account" is not under security settings>local policies>security options

is there other place where it is hiding?

thanks

• izip
    izip Posts: 1

how to remove vulcan runtime?

• jl
    jl Posts: 6 ✭✭

Amazing find! Worked like a champ!