Windows 10 can't tab into next cell

I receently purchased a new laptop  with Windows 10.  I cannot tab into the next cell and type.  I have to click on the cell.  How do I fix this?  It is severly impacting my productivity with data entry.

Comments

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @Jmillard0547,

I'm not very clear about the case: Do you have any problems using the TAB button on the remote client when you are connected to or on your local host during/after session?

Some checks:
    How is the "Send Keys Combinations" option (Extras -> Remote Control -> Send Keys Combination) set?

How is the "Use UDP" option (Extras -> Advanced -> Advanced LAN option -> Use UDP) set?

Regards

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• Sorry I have not responded. Busy weekend. I will check these settings tonight and update my response.
  • Thai_Bob
    Thai_Bob Posts: 1

I am having the same problem.  Using Windows app version 12.103.78366 CL

The interface is quite limited - I don't see an Extras option to find the key combination settings.

The option is checked to Enable UDP.

Tab key works fine in applications on my own computer.  But for the remote, the tab key will move to the next field, but the focus seems to be removed.  I can press the tab key a second time, then the field will accept keystrokes.  Or I can click on the form anyplace, and the focus is correct.  If it's a form that allows me to move to another field using up or down arrows, it works correctly.  But the tab key is not correct.  Another example: I can move around the form with the tab key, but I have to press the tab key twice each time - first time seems to move it, second time activates it, next tab advances to next field but not ready for input, press tab key again and keyboard works.

• Godlyone
    Godlyone Posts: 1

Has there been any fix created for this yet?

• Yeah I have the same issue too, I have two Windows 10 machines at home and if I use either to remote control another PC I get the issue with the Tab key.

Everytime you tab to another field, doesn't matter where, even tabbing from username to password on logon screen, you cannot type afterwards like it loses focus or something. If you press tab a second time then it works again. So workaround is that you have to press tab twice every time you use it. It doesn't actually lose focus though, if you open notepad for example and press tab key, you can still see cursor flashing in the correct place, just cannot type anything afterwards, tab again and then you can type again.

It's annoying to see that this was reported all the way back in 2017 and still an issue in 2019.

I'm also using the Windows 10 App versions of TeamViewer.

Anthony

• mikeb5098
    mikeb5098 Posts: 1

any fix for this yet?

• Brian6655
    Brian6655 Posts: 1

@Jmillard0547 wrote:

I receently purchased a new laptop  with Windows 10.  I cannot tab into the next cell and type.  I have to click on the cell.  How do I fix this?  It is severly impacting my productivity with data entry.

I have same problem, how to fix please?

• Had the same issue. After installing the desktop version, not the windows app it works as it should be! :) Finally!

• larrabee1234
    larrabee1234 Posts: 1

Any fix for this yet?

• Same exact problem. It doesn't look like there is a clear fix, but using the arrow keys is a good workaround.

• @DomLan   I am having this issue as well...after three years, I REALLY hope there's a simple fix/resolve for this issue of having to double tab to move to the next field for data entry.

• rmariotti
    rmariotti Posts: 1
    edited August 2021

It's Aug 2021 and this is still a TeamViewer annoyance. Our company is in need of corporate remote access software, but I'm not shelling just to be frustrated with keyboard disconnects each time you press [tab].

Teamviewer Support if you're listening, there are paying customers you're losing with this bug!